Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Roster moves (roster threads merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Replacing injured depth with healthy depth.

Tull was a fifth round pick in 2015. Has been compared to Dan Skuta.
Chaaammmpppiiiooonship
(08-09-2019, 05:14 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...79424?s=21

I guess Simms hadn't made much of a good impression.  Even given the need for healthy bodies, had he been tearing up vp, they would have found a way to keep him.
(08-09-2019, 06:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2019, 05:14 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...79424?s=21

I guess Simms hadn't made much of a good impression.  Even given the need for healthy bodies, had he been tearing up vp, they would have found a way to keep him.

The late start along with the injury in practice didn’t really help his cause. I believe he’ll revert to IR if he goes unclaimed.
Will be interesting to see if Marrone has those Lee/Cam Robinson news today. I guess they'll activate them in the next coming days and back with the group by how positive he seemed to be about them.

Also: 

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...5883180032
Why is Tanner Lee still employed?
(08-10-2019, 09:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Why is Tanner Lee still employed?

Camp arm who knows the offense.
(08-10-2019, 10:33 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2019, 09:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Why is Tanner Lee still employed?

Camp arm who knows the offense.

But can't execute the plays to save his life.
(08-10-2019, 08:09 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]Will be interesting to see if Marrone has those Lee/Cam Robinson news today. I guess they'll activate them in the next coming days and back with the group by how positive he seemed to be about them.

Bad news instead, Cam Robinson and Lee likely not ready for the start of regular season:

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1160243152147668993
(08-10-2019, 01:37 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2019, 08:09 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]Will be interesting to see if Marrone has those Lee/Cam Robinson news today. I guess they'll activate them in the next coming days and back with the group by how positive he seemed to be about them.

Bad news instead, Cam Robinson and Lee likely not ready for the start of regular season:

Is this team clueless? They had to have known Robinson likely wouldn't be ready, but they chose to ignore the LT position until nothing was left, but Wester and Ogbuehi. Both are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm afraid Foles is gonna get injured with either of those two clowns out there. Hopefully Wells will be used. I'm not really confident in him either, but he's head and shoulders above Wester and Ogbuehi. It's not even close.
That's crappy news. Somewhat surprised Lee isn't close to ready being his injury is almost a full year out. What the happened to the ahead of schedule talk. Pffft.
(08-10-2019, 03:22 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]That's crappy news.  Somewhat surprised Lee isn't close to ready being his injury is almost a full year out.  What the happened to the ahead of schedule talk.  Pffft.

Lee had more than just a torn ACL. This was stated yet some people/media chose to ignore this fact. He has 4 weeks left before the start of the season. Let’s see what happens.
(08-10-2019, 03:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2019, 01:37 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]Bad news instead, Cam Robinson and Lee likely not ready for the start of regular season:

Is this team clueless? They had to have known Robinson likely wouldn't be ready, but they chose to ignore the LT position until nothing was left, but Wester and Ogbuehi. Both are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm afraid Foles is gonna get injured with either of those two clowns out there. Hopefully Wells will be used. I'm not really confident in him either, but he's head and shoulders above Wester and Ogbuehi. It's not even close.

Cam had a setback I believe, during FA he was on pace
Is there a maximum number of players a team can put on IR?
(08-10-2019, 04:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2019, 03:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Is this team clueless? They had to have known Robinson likely wouldn't be ready, but they chose to ignore the LT position until nothing was left, but Wester and Ogbuehi. Both are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm afraid Foles is gonna get injured with either of those two clowns out there. Hopefully Wells will be used. I'm not really confident in him either, but he's head and shoulders above Wester and Ogbuehi. It's not even close.

Cam had a setback I believe, during FA he was on pace

It still would've been a smart move to bring in someone who could play swing tackle. Not guys like Wester and Ogbuehi, who had been total busts with their old teams. I know Ogbuehi for one, couldn't even start in the AFL. He nearly got Andy Dalton killed last season. I've never seen a guy get pushed into the backfield so often. We should have drafted a guy late, who had experience at LT. Now, we know Cam probably won't be ready at LT, (which will in all likelihood be filled by Wells) and Taylor still hasn't won the RT job. That means Wester or Ogbuehi may start there and that scares the crap out of me. I'm having flashbacks of Ephraim Salaam.
why are they siigning a wr,and defensive player when we already have no offensseive line. we need some o-line.
(08-10-2019, 08:02 PM)3/4 Back Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a maximum number of players a team can put on IR?

I don't think so?, but not entirely sure. I doubt it though.

They had like 22 or 23 guys on IR last season. It was 2nd in the NFL behind only the Redskins I believe, who had like 25 iirc.
(08-10-2019, 09:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2019, 08:02 PM)3/4 Back Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a maximum number of players a team can put on IR?

I don't think so?, but not entirely sure. I doubt it though.

They had like 22 or 23 guys on IR last season. It was 2nd in the NFL behind only the Redskins I believe, who had like 25 iirc.

yes redskins had more injurys then us last season,and still beat us in a game cause they had a offensivve line still. Jags don't have a O-line. poor foles is going to get slammed all season long.
Looks like the Blue vs Cunningham question has been decided. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12