Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Jags GM HOPES signing Ngakoue will be 'relatively' easy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Jags GM: Signing Ngakoue should be 'relatively' easy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ively-easy

Yannick Ngakoue is going to cash in this spring. The Jaguars hope he does so in Duval. Jags GM Dave Caldwell told the team website that Jacksonville "would love to have" the defensive end back.
Commence third round compensatory pick
(01-21-2020, 11:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...40576?s=20

I am going to be honest here, i dont really know what to make of that comment.  My first thought is he is kind of coming off as bit of a jerkwad.
(01-21-2020, 11:41 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2020, 11:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/YannickNgakoue/statu...40576?s=20

I am going to be honest here, i dont really know what to make of that comment.  My first thought is he is kind of coming off as bit of a jerkwad.

Everything he has said on Twitter for the last month or two has been semi cryptically alluding to the obvious fact he is pissed off with the FO and wants to leave.

The "easy" comment seems like wishful thinking on Dave's part.

I think Yan has played his last snap here. I just hope we can find a way to get good compensation for him.
(01-21-2020, 11:51 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2020, 11:41 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to be honest here, i dont really know what to make of that comment.  My first thought is he is kind of coming off as bit of a jerkwad.

Everything he has said on Twitter for the last month or two has been semi cryptically alluding to the obvious fact he is pissed off with the FO and wants to leave.

The "easily" comment seems like wishful thinking on Dave's part.

I think Yan has played his last snap here. I just hope we can find a way to get good compensation for him.
But we were told that firing TC would fix everything......
(01-21-2020, 11:41 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to be honest here, i dont really know what to make of that comment.  My first thought is he is kind of coming off as bit of a jerkwad.

The "easily" comment seems like wishful thinking on Dave's part.

I'm OK with moving on and getting fair compensation for him. Yes, he's one of the best strip-sack artists and has been very consistent. But I think there's a good chance he won't be the second coming of Vonn Miller entering his prime after he gets paid. He's undersized and somewhat of a liability against the run. Will his body hold up over the next three-five years? The Jags have received amazing bang for their buck; now let another team overpay and give up some good picks. That's what Darth Hoodie would do.
Show me, don't tell me..
(01-22-2020, 12:51 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Show me, don't tell me..

Pretty much how I feel about all things Jags these days.

I don’t twit so it all doesn’t make sense to me, but it looks like Giants and Bills fans & players are campaigning hard to get Yannick on their teams. I wonder what’s driving that? 
Maybe this is a ploy to get more money from Jax, but if he would rather play in a cold weather state that taxes him out the Yin Yan (see what I did there?), then bye, Felicia.
Say hello to my little frien'

[Image: TEXT-01-Recovered.gif?format=1500w]

The "easy" comment seems like wishful thinking on Dave's part.

I hope he enjoys not playing football for a year.
(01-22-2020, 09:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Say hello to my little frien'

Yeah... Unless he intends to sit out a year and start some Ramsey-esque drama we still hold all the cards.

I think Dave should shut up about anything being "easy" though.
Pretty sure he doesn’t want to play here anymore. The last thing we need is more locker room drama.. franchise tag him and trade him for a 1st
(01-22-2020, 10:14 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure he doesn’t want to play here anymore. The last thing we need is more locker room drama.. franchise tag him and trade him for a 1st

I actually wouldn't be terribly mad at this. Get it done before the draft and we'd have a lot of ammo this draft to hopefully have a quick turnaround.
Without needing to sign him to big money long term deal, we'd be able to keep other guys (Campbell and Bouye) and get our cap situation squared away and really build something great around Minshew.
(01-22-2020, 10:14 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure he doesn’t want to play here anymore. The last thing we need is more locker room drama.. franchise tag him and trade him for a 1st

100% agree with this. Sign and trade. Roll forward with Allen, save some cap to fill some other holes, get some more draft capital to build around Minshew.

Yan isn't going to play on the tag
(01-22-2020, 10:26 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]

Sitting out a whole year isn't in his best interests though.

Oh he will play on it if they want him to. Otherwise he is two years of his prime for 2 million lousy bucks last year and none for next year. That would be monumentally stupid of him.

Ha.. then he can sit out and not get paid at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11