Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: More Context to the Ramsey trade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
One of my arguments against trading Ramsey was even with the extra first round picks dealing him provided, it was far from guaranteed we'd get players close in quality to Ramsey.

We now have one of the picks from the Ramsey deal:  K'Lavon Chaisson.

Now perhaps I may be wrong about this.  God knows I hope I am.  He does have more of a burst than Barkevious Mingo.  But This pick doesn't come close to recoouping value for Ramsey.

For that matter, neither does reaching for Henderson at 9.
Hopefully he is more like Danielle Hunter out of LSU.
Water under the bridge.
You can’t replace Ramsey. Hopefully you just draft good players.

Another thing to add to the Ramsey context is the need to resign Ramsey. It would have to be a HUGE contract that we don’t have to pay anymore.
(04-23-2020, 10:59 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]Water under the bridge.

Another thing to add to the Ramsey context is the need to resign Ramsey. It would have to be a HUGE contract that we don’t have to pay anymore.

So not having to sign an expensive deal is worth having inferior players?!?

Seriously?!?

We are drafting on a treadmill.

Shaking my head in dismay.
(04-23-2020, 10:59 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing to add to the Ramsey context is the need to resign Ramsey. It would have to be a HUGE contract that we don’t have to pay anymore.

And he didn't want to be here.  How effective would he have been?
Neither player will recoup the value of Ramsey. Hopefully 2021's pick in RD1 will. If Wash was out of the picture I would be more "warm and fuzzy" inside about these picks tonight.

But these picks feel like over compensating decisions for Wash's lack luster approach and inability to scheme on defense properly.
Was keeping Ramsey a realistic option?
I love the pick. He is an elite cover corner.
(04-23-2020, 11:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2020, 10:59 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]Water under the bridge.

So not having to sign an expensive deal is worth having inferior players?!?

Seriously?!?

He faked an injury and quit on the team
(04-23-2020, 11:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2020, 11:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]So not having to sign an expensive deal is worth having inferior players?!?

Seriously?!?

He faked an injury and quit on the team

Yep let’s not forget that.

And yes, paying 100m for a corner is a huge liability that must be taken into account.
Lol at people missing Ramsey xD
(04-23-2020, 11:10 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Lol at people missing Ramsey xD

my thought as well.  They guy that coast his team a playoff spot
We all want the Jags to be the best and to field the best players and many don't care about the character of the person wearing the jersey as long as they're good at what they do and help the team win. Ramsey crossed a line for me. I don't care how good he is at playing corner. I'm glad he's gone and even happier he's on a team that's imploding which might lead to next year's extra 1st round pick being extremely high. The Ramsey trade may yet look brilliant once we see how next year's draft unfolds. Even if we wind up with two solid starters, but not a great player I'm still good with it in this specific case.
(04-23-2020, 11:10 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]Lol at people missing Ramsey xD

Yes, considering his level of talent.

But we're the Jaguars.  Talent is not welcome here.
Only worth paying a CB the money Ramsey wanted on a very good D where all you need is a lock down cb. Jags D has too many holes so an elite cb like Ramsey is a waste.

We're going need to play good TEAM ball.
(04-23-2020, 11:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, considering his level of talent.

He didn't wanna be here, he is a diva and a cancer, so yeah, I don't care he is gone.
(04-23-2020, 11:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

my thought as well.  They guy that coast his team a playoff spot

The last playoff spot we had since 2007 was in 2017.  Ramsey played a big part in that.

But the point is being lost here.  If we sufficiently replaced the talent represented by Ramsey, then I have no complaint.

But we botched the #20 pick we got from the Rams.
(04-23-2020, 11:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2020, 11:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, considering his level of talent.

He didn't wanna be here, he is a diva and a cancer, so yeah, I don't care he is gone.

Did you see henderson's face?  He didn't look overly enthused to be picked by us.

Should we trade HIM?
(04-23-2020, 11:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2020, 11:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]He didn't wanna be here, he is a diva and a cancer, so yeah, I don't care he is gone.

Did you see henderson's face?  He didn't look overly enthused to be picked by us.

Should we trade HIM?

he always looks like that
(04-23-2020, 11:24 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: [ -> ]Only worth paying a CB the money Ramsey wanted on a very good D where all you need is a lock down cb. Jags D has too many holes so an elite cb like Ramsey is a waste.

We're going need to play good TEAM ball.

How do you expect to build a good defense when...

a)  You let your talented players like Ramsey and Yan walk; and

B)  You don't adequately replace them when they walk?!?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7