Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Another jump to conclusions without all the facts...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Devils advocate here....... He probably was not following directions being given to him by the police, and they didn't know if he was reaching for a weapon when he attempted to open the door of the car and get in
Yikes!!!
(08-24-2020, 03:13 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Devils advocate here....... He probably was not following directions being given to him by the police, and they didn't know if he was reaching for a weapon when he attempted to open the door of the car and get in
He definitely was not following instructions.

If he follows instructions, he is alive today. People have to stop disobeying cops. If you do what you want while a cop is telling you to do something, then reach into a dark vehicle, you will obviously be seen as a threat.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Disobey the police, attempt to look as if you are retrieving a weapon, get shot. Simple. If the [BLEEP] survives he can be an example of what not to do for the rest of the folks that think they are the ones with the authority.
I don’t believe the outcome would be any different had the man been caucasian.
(08-24-2020, 08:54 AM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t believe the outcome would be any different had the man been caucasian.

It wouldn't have been. The only change in outcome is there would not be rioters attempting burning up the city and no one in the media would have given two [BLEEP].

Thread could have been titled " Extremely stupid human gets rightfully shot after committing domestic violence."
So he had an active arrest warrant out for domestic sexual abuse or something like that. He also was involved in a domestic violence at a bar, pulled a gun and pointed it at people. He then was pulled over, fought the police, was tased until he got on the ground.

I guess he didn't want to be arrested. If you commit a crime, you have to be ready for the consequences.
Nice thread title OP. Nothing better than commenting on a situation before having all the facts with inflammatory and insulting rhetoric. Bravo.
(08-24-2020, 09:47 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]So he had an active arrest warrant out for domestic sexual abuse or something like that. He also was involved in a domestic violence at a bar, pulled a gun and pointed it at people. He then was pulled over, fought the police, was tased until he got on the ground.

I guess he didn't want to be arrested. If you commit a crime, you have to be ready for the consequences.

Seems like a legit excuse to destroy millions in property and steal the belongings of others while claiming it’s owed. Get with it, man.
(08-24-2020, 09:56 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Nice thread title OP.   Nothing better than commenting on a situation before having all the facts with inflammatory and insulting rhetoric.  Bravo.

OP is on record as believing all cops are pigs. It is the mindset of a criminal. He is more than likely a punk [BLEEP] criminal that has fallen on the wrong side of the law most of his pathetic life.

If we follow his lead we can go ahead and state that he is a drunk just like the rest of the Irish people.
(08-24-2020, 11:32 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2020, 09:56 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Nice thread title OP.   Nothing better than commenting on a situation before having all the facts with inflammatory and insulting rhetoric.  Bravo.

OP is on record as believing all cops are pigs. It is the mindset of a criminal. He is more than likely a punk [BLEEP] criminal that has fallen on the wrong side of the law most of his pathetic life.

If we follow his lead we can go ahead and state that he is a drunk just like the rest of the Irish people.

Hey now, let's not get personal. I only drink on days that end in "Y."
Changing the thread title was a bad idea. Now half the comments don't make sense.
I'm sure he was just going back into the car to get his cigar. The officers should have assumed that.
I saw the video. Looks like the officer with his weapon drawn is just casually following behind the suspect. The suspect walks all the way across the car, opens the door, but seems to be reaching into the car, rather than trying to sit in the car, when the shots are fired. Meanwhile a woman is screaming and jumping up and down almost the entire time. The suspect is clearly not in his right mind.
When the suspect starts reaching into his car, that may have required a split second decision to save the officer's life.
But much like the Tamir Rice shooting, poor tactics eliminated the possibility of better outcomes. They probably could have tackled him and started getting the cuffs on before he got anywhere near the car.
Hind sight is 20/20 and officers are in a bad spot either way. If you tackle him and take him to the ground then the headlines are "Officers Viscously Tackle Unarmed Black Man". If they give too much leeway and give too many verbal commands without physical intervention then you end up with this situation. Worse even if a suspect gets to a gun because the officers are afraid to act and a by standard gets shot, "Cops Do Nothing While Criminal Guns Down Civilian".
(08-24-2020, 12:07 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I saw the video.  Looks like the officer with his weapon drawn is just casually following behind the suspect.  The suspect walks all the way across the car, opens the door, but seems to be reaching into the car, rather than trying to sit in the car, when the shots are fired.  Meanwhile a woman is screaming and jumping up and down almost the entire time.  The suspect is clearly not in his right mind.
When the suspect starts reaching into his car, that may have required a split second decision to save the officer's life.
But much like the Tamir Rice shooting, poor tactics eliminated the possibility of better outcomes.  They probably could have tackled him and started getting the cuffs on before he got anywhere near the car.

He already previously resisted arrest during another stop, that time he had an illegal gun. He had a domestic issue in a bar with 2 women, pulled a gun and pointed it at people in the bar, the clip fell out and they told him to get out. The police then stopped his car, he fought with the concealed gun, and then got tased.

From past information known, he has no respect for authority and does whatever he wants to whoever he wants. The cops would have had to taze him, potentially multiple times, and fought him get him on the ground. Cops at this point can't win because if they try to be lenient and the person still doesn't listen, it is often too late at that point to use non-lethal force.

I get why this happened, but it just shows stupid choices have consequences. If you have active warrants, you can't get involved in situations where the police will be called. If the cops arrive and don't know who is who, they will first secure the scene and then figure out who to arrest if needed. If he was involved, they would at minimum want to talk to him and confirm his identity and story. He knows if they look him up he is getting arrested, so he didn't want that to happen so he either tries to leave or get a weapon.
(08-24-2020, 12:07 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I saw the video.  Looks like the officer with his weapon drawn is just casually following behind the suspect.  The suspect walks all the way across the car, opens the door, but seems to be reaching into the car, rather than trying to sit in the car, when the shots are fired.  Meanwhile a woman is screaming and jumping up and down almost the entire time.  The suspect is clearly not in his right mind.
But much like the Tamir Rice shooting, poor tactics eliminated the possibility of better outcomes.  They probably could have tackled him and started getting the cuffs on before he got anywhere near the car.

The officer doesn't appear to be "just casually following behind".

From the little that I've heard about this case it appears that the officer did what he had to do to stop a potentially deadly action.
I see the free speech advocates changed the title of the post. Very interesting

(08-24-2020, 11:32 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]

Cmon is this the best you can do? At least add a little venom too it, you Americans lack so much creativity when you try to insult someone online.
(08-24-2020, 02:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]I see the free speech advocates changed the title of the post. Very interesting

I don't know who changed the title, but it's more appropriate rather than misleading.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14