Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chaisson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
7 tackles and 1 sack in 4 games.  Don't even really notice him in the games.

Are we misusing him or did we overvalue him?
(10-05-2020, 10:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]7 tackles and 1 sack in 4 games.  Don't even really notice him in the games.

The front office definitely overvalued him. I hated the pick when we made it and I still do. He gets hung up on blocks way too easily and lacks strength to get away from bigger OT's. He'd be much better off as a 3-4 OLB.
(10-05-2020, 10:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2020, 10:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]7 tackles and 1 sack in 4 games.  Don't even really notice him in the games.

The front office definitely overvalued him. I hated the pick when we made it and I still do. He gets hung up on blocks way too easily and lacks strength to get away from bigger OT's. He'd be much better off as a 3-4 OLB.

Exactly this.

And Caldwell was willing to take him at 9 lol.
(10-05-2020, 10:42 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2020, 10:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]The front office definitely overvalued him. I hated the pick when we made it and I still do. He gets hung up on blocks way too easily and lacks strength to get away from bigger OT's. He'd be much better off as a 3-4 OLB.

Exactly this.

And Caldwell was willing to take him at 9 lol.

But let's give Caldwell another opportunity at TWO first round draft picks next season.  lmao

Yes.

Our problem is that we have a 2nd year guy on the opposite side, and I think both guys' best rush move is "run fast".

We've all heard the notion of players, not plays, but I'm starting to wonder how the players would appear if the plays were different.
We occasionally seem to fall prey to drafting guys in the first round based on talent and not production. Did it with Taven. Did it with Chaisson. Maybe he will develop, maybe he won't. Still too early to write him off. But always scary to draft a guy in the first round that wasn't an elite production guy in college.
(10-05-2020, 11:47 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]We occasionally seem to fall prey to drafting guys in the first round based on talent and not production.  Did it with Taven.  Did it with Chaisson.  Maybe he will develop, maybe he won't.  Still too early to write him off.  But always scary to draft a guy in the first round that wasn't an elite production guy in college.

100% agree.  I have always thought Caldwell's early round draft picks have a lot of the senile years of the Al Davis and the Raiders in them.  Height, weight, speed guys that were great athletes but not great players.  Then everyone says "we won the draft", but we end up 4-12.  And you hear comments of "well we have the talent, just need better coaching".  Caldwell is the problem.
Yep the rookie 4 games in with little to no off season surrounded by mediocre talent, being used part time, drafted at pick 20, is definitely a bust.
4 games.

And I say that as a guy who hated the pick.
He looking like another bust like LSU pass rusher Barkevious MIngo
A wee bit premature.
(10-05-2020, 12:37 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Yep the rookie 4 games in with little to no off season surrounded by mediocre talent, being used part time, drafted at pick 20, is definitely a bust.

Don't forget that he recently turned 21 years old. Way too early to call him a bust.
No one is calling him a bust but he hasn't shown anything yet, nothing, not even one tiny flash. He goes against his man gets locked up and that's it, it's like the dude doesn't even exist.

He has the right attitude though and maybe he will develop, still most of us didn't want him because it was too much of a risk.
It’s a little early to say this guys.... if we were talking taven, then I’d agree...
I hated the Chaisson pick and he has been awful...but c'mon it's very unfair to pass judgement after one month.
Haven’t noticed him at all. Didn’t even realize he was playing lol.
He should be a LB. It's the position he played in college. Just because a player can BLITZ and get som sacks in college doesn't equate elite NFL pass rusher. Teams fall victim to that more than anything else.
It’s hard to tell where all the issues are with this D. I would say we overreached on him. But after releasing most of the core of our Dline, it’s hard to imagine any rookie would come in and make a huge impact.

I’m not as frustrated with him as a 1st round pick as I am with the amount of picks we have burned on the Dline and really the Defense as a whole over the last decade. When you think of all the day one and two picks we have spent on D and then look at where we are, it’s a shame. That’s not counting FAs. There is no way we should be this young and inexperienced after investing what we have in this team. Anyone who stands out leaves after their rook contract.
(10-05-2020, 01:37 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]No one is calling him a bust but he hasn't shown anything yet, nothing, not even one tiny flash. He goes against his man gets locked up and that's it, it's like the dude doesn't even exist.

He has the right attitude though and maybe he will develop, still most of us didn't want him because it was too much of a risk.

He did have a sack.  We only have 4 on the year so he has 25% of the teams sacks.  Just saying.
(10-05-2020, 10:49 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2020, 01:37 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]No one is calling him a bust but he hasn't shown anything yet, nothing, not even one tiny flash. He goes against his man gets locked up and that's it, it's like the dude doesn't even exist.

He did have a sack.  We only have 4 on the year so he has 25% of the teams sacks.  Just saying.

The days of Sacksonville seem so far away now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8