Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: City Council Committee Approves Lot J Funding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Fantastic news IMO.
And here I thought Tommy Haz was going to throw a monkey wrench into everything..
(01-08-2021, 01:42 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic news IMO.

The Trevor Effect.
It's about time.

Lets hope this is the first domino, amongst many more, to finally have our city utilize its tremendous location and progress the city with more positive developments.
(01-08-2021, 01:43 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]

The Trevor Effect.

I think so.
From what I understand, this was just the committee approval and it gets to go in front of the city council next. Still a long way to go before it all actually happens.
Step number one. Check
(01-08-2021, 01:43 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]

The Trevor Effect.

Let’s just hope it’s not countered by The Meyer Effect.
I think Lot J is a stupid idea, but I don't think giving Khan what he wants is a stupid idea. We would be idiotic to give Khan a reason to move the team right when things are turning around. We waste enough money on stupid stuff, what's a little more going to hurt? Maybe when downtown becomes a nice place to live, my kids can move there in 40 years when they turn 45.
(01-08-2021, 02:10 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]From what I understand, this was just the committee approval and it gets to go in front of the city council next. Still a long way to go before it all actually happens.

The vote was done as a Committee of the Whole which means the entire council votes but under committee procedures. So it was approved for official vote by the whole council.

If they all vote the same way next week it will officially pass.
They approved it to go for a final vote, which is Tuesday. A handful of council members are still on the fence so it’s not a slam dunk (however it’s likely it passes).
(01-08-2021, 03:33 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2021, 02:10 PM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]From what I understand, this was just the committee approval and it gets to go in front of the city council next. Still a long way to go before it all actually happens.

The vote was done as a Committee of the Whole which means the entire council votes but under committee procedures. So it was approved for official vote by the whole council.

If they all vote the same way next week it will officially pass.

Gotcha. We'll then, that's good (or bad, depending on your outlook).
...someone needs to do something with the downtown. If Shad wants to tackle it, let him.
Yeh agreed. This will help downtown big time.
(01-08-2021, 05:24 PM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]Yeh agreed. This will help downtown big time.

Just curious how you think this will help downtown big time outside of game day experience and FL/GA week?

What will lot J do to attract the 30 year Jacksonville resident on a random Saturday night in March?

At the end of the day, downtown needs people living there to support and encourage retail and restaurants.
It's just not going to work. It'll be The Landing except you won't be able to walk from there to Friendship Fountain anymore.
(01-09-2021, 01:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It's just not going to work.  It'll be The Landing except you won't be able to walk from there to Friendship Fountain anymore.

Parking is a big issue with downtown Jax. At least for me. If easy parking is available nearby, I don't see why it wouldn't.
(01-09-2021, 01:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2021, 01:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It's just not going to work.  It'll be The Landing except you won't be able to walk from there to Friendship Fountain anymore.

Parking is a big issue with downtown Jax. At least for me. If easy parking is available nearby, I don't see why it wouldn't.

That and the city is almost giddy to give parking tickets. They wear it as a badge of honor. Someday we will have leadership that understands why downtown isn't working. Or, maybe we won't.

Not an attack on you at all but, this fatalistic attitude about downtown is part of the problem. 

People have resigned themselves from it and won't even consider patronizing new businesses that actually do open there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9