Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags cut tracker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Keep track here:  https://www.nfl.com/news/player-cuts-tra...021-season

• WR Josh Imatorbhebhe
  • WR Tim Jones
  • TE Tim Tebow
  • OL Derwin Gray
  • OL Garrett McGhin
  • DT Kenny Randall
  • DT Daniel Ross
  • CB DJ Daniel
  • CB Jameson Houston
  • CB Corey Straughter
  • Sydney Jones traded to Seattle. Compensation currently unknown.
He wasn’t cut but Sydney Jones was just traded to Seattle.
(08-30-2021, 07:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]He wasn’t cut but Sydney Jones was just traded to Seattle.

I'm a little confused on that one. I could be wrong but wasn't he playing pretty decent? I thought the depth at CB would have been nice especially if Campbell takes more time to pan out.
(08-30-2021, 07:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]He wasn’t cut but Sydney Jones was just traded to Seattle.

Probably the 3rd best CB on the team. Hopefully some decent compensation.
I liked jones. Would much rather have him on the roster than tre herndon.

Not digging that. Would understand trading a WR but depth at CB is more valuable I thought.
This one confuses me.
Mia O’Brien (also a great follow on Twitter) believes this was because they’re going to keep 5 safeties.
What is the depth at Cornerback now?

CJ Henderson, Shaq Griffin, Tyson Campbell

Herndon is hurt, Claybrooks picked up an injury yesterday, Sidney Jones was just traded. Who is even left??
I wonder what we got from Jones. Probably another 3rd day pick.
We got another 2022 6th rounder. Between us and the Texans we'll have half of day 3.

So we trade away our third best CB, by far? This makes no sense. He was light years better than Herndon and Campbell can't track a ball to save his life. With no pass rush, this might be a long season for the pass defense.
I like Sydney Jones but some of you are making him out to be Patrick Peterson or something...

He was on the bottom end of the CB depth chart - him being traded away for compensation is a lot better than him getting outright cut if thats what the organization intended. Also, this doesn't mean that we might not make any moves in the waiver wire either.

Plus, with the 3-4 defense, I expect to see more variety in the secondary when it comes to nickel packages and whatnot. Could see the 3 main CBs with 3 safeties from Jenkins/Wilson/Cisco/Jones, one of which who would play a hybrid role for example.
(08-30-2021, 08:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Mia O’Brien (also a great follow on Twitter) believes this was because they’re going to keep 5 safeties.

What??! For who? Rusnak or Wingard? LOL Wallbash

Imagine trading away solid CB (our best nickle) depth to keep one of these two ^^^

I hope she's wrong.
(08-30-2021, 09:01 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2021, 08:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Mia O’Brien (also a great follow on Twitter) believes this was because they’re going to keep 5 safeties.

Imagine trading away solid CB (our best nickle) depth to keep one of these two ^^^

I hope she's wrong.
Ford, Cisco, Jenkins, Wilson and then Jones or Thomas?
(08-30-2021, 08:48 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]I like Sydney Jones but some of you are making him out to be Patrick Peterson or something...

He was on the bottom end of the CB depth chart - him being traded away for compensation is a lot better than him getting outright cut if thats what the organization intended. Also, this doesn't mean that we might not make any moves in the waiver wire either.

Plus, with the 3-4 defense, I expect to see more variety in the secondary when it comes to nickel packages and whatnot. Could see the 3 main CBs with 3 safeties from Jenkins/Wilson/Cisco/Jones, one of which who would play a hybrid role for example.

Why would you run 3 safeties in a nickle? That's just begging for a mismatch over a corner, just my opinion. Do we even have 2 range/cover safeties?
(08-30-2021, 09:05 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2021, 08:48 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]I like Sydney Jones but some of you are making him out to be Patrick Peterson or something...

Why would you run 3 safeties in a nickle? That's just begging for a mismatch over a corner, just my opinion. Do we even have 2 range/cover safeties?

Depending on the package, whether nickle/dime, and the personnel the opposing offense is running, I could see that 3rd safety filling in a hybrid LB/S role to give a bit more speed on the field in addition to the 3 CBs (if in nickel for example).
(08-30-2021, 09:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2021, 09:01 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]What??! For who? Rusnak or Wingard? LOL Wallbash

I hope she's wrong.
Ford, Cisco, Jenkins, Wilson and then Jones or Thomas?

I was just thinking about this exact situation earlier today. I feel Jenkins, Wilson, Cisco and Ford are locks. I think they like Jones as well, so that would make Wingard and Thomas the odd guys out if they keep 5.
(08-30-2021, 09:05 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ford has been playing in sub packages a ton this preseason as the big nickle. I don't think they'll change that heading into the regular season. LB Damian Wilson really only plays in base/run situations. He usually comes out on obvious passing downs.

There's other teams that use 3 safeties in nickle as well.
(08-30-2021, 09:01 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope she's wrong.

Wingard=Gabbert on Defense.   Decent special teamer though.  I remember him getting abused constantly when he started for us.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12