Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags working on Cam Robinson deal *DEAL REACHED*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
In my mind this puts any OT out of the question.   If they are working on signing Cam they are not drafting a RT at 1 overall.   I guess they see potential but in Cam's defense I believe he only allowed 1 sack all of last year.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/tren...reddit.com
(04-24-2022, 08:09 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]In my mind this puts any OT out of the question.   If they are working on signing Cam they are not drafting a RT at 1 overall.   I guess they see potential but in Cam's defense I believe he only allowed 1 sack all of last year.

maybe not "any OT". But it should put the kibosh on taking one early. I think we can look at a day 3 pick just to add some Josh Wells-type depth. Not someone you want to hang a season's hopes on, but good enough to step in and give you some decent reps if your starter turns an ankle or something inevitable like that.
(04-25-2022, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2022, 08:09 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]In my mind this puts any OT out of the question.   If they are working on signing Cam they are not drafting a RT at 1 overall.   I guess they see potential but in Cam's defense I believe he only allowed 1 sack all of last year.

maybe not "any OT". But it should put the kibosh on taking one early. I think we can look at a day 3 pick just to add some Josh Wells-type depth. Not someone you want to hang a season's hopes on, but good enough to step in and give you some decent reps if your starter turns an ankle or something inevitable like that.

I have peaked at some of your post and at times you have to intelligent football stuff to say. From what it's worth welcome off the ignore list.

I agree depth never hurts. In the fourth round or later we have to look at and player as depth. Sure stars come out of later rounds but it's more rare.

I'm a fan of taking all of our picks and using them to move up.
I'll bet Mikey is ecstatic...
(04-25-2022, 12:46 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2022, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]maybe not "any OT". But it should put the kibosh on taking one early. I think we can look at a day 3 pick just to add some Josh Wells-type depth. Not someone you want to hang a season's hopes on, but good enough to step in and give you some decent reps if your starter turns an ankle or something inevitable like that.

I have peaked at some of your post and at times you have to intelligent football stuff to say. From what it's worth welcome off the ignore list.

I agree depth never hurts. In the fourth round or later we have to look at and player as depth. Sure stars come out of later rounds but it's more rare.

I appreciate the complement. I'll agree that while Trevor is on his rookie deal, the urgency is there, we should be considering all our picks as ammo to move up for guys we think will get us back to winning. I just hope they don't use all the picks at once to move up Wink
(04-25-2022, 12:46 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2022, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]maybe not "any OT". But it should put the kibosh on taking one early. I think we can look at a day 3 pick just to add some Josh Wells-type depth. Not someone you want to hang a season's hopes on, but good enough to step in and give you some decent reps if your starter turns an ankle or something inevitable like that.

Overlooking the fact that the bolded sentence doesn't make sense from a grammatical standpoint, I don't see this as a compliment.  Translated: at times, you have intelligent things to say but most of the times you don't.
(04-25-2022, 04:40 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2022, 12:46 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I have peaked at some of your post and at times you have to intelligent football stuff to say. From what it's worth welcome off the ignore list.

Overlooking the fact that the bolded sentence doesn't make sense from a grammatical standpoint, I don't see this as a compliment.  Translated: at times, you have intelligent things to say but most of the times you don't.

It was a backhanded complement, but I was extending the olive branch.

And really, look at my post history, he ain't wrong about most of the times
I hope the deal has an out or it's not so huge he couldn't play RT at some point.

Not in love with settling for him as a solution at LT long term.

This is probably more about cap space and insurance than long term confidence in the player, but who knows where this staff and FO land on Cam?
Giving 18M a year to your 2nd best LT is brilliant. Great job Trent.

/s
(04-27-2022, 10:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1519...ELHTPDwpLQ

Done.

Frees up cap space too

I bet the Vegas odds on us drafting Ickey just went down. Looks like it's gonna be an edge rusher or something out of left field.
3 years - 54 mil possible - team out clause after two yrs
great move
(04-27-2022, 10:39 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2022, 10:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1519...ELHTPDwpLQ

Done.

Frees up cap space too

I bet the Vegas odds on us drafting Ickey just went down. Looks like it's gonna be an edge rusher or something out of left field.

I'm so tired of going by the numbers. Some arbitrary draft value board invented in the 90s.

The Jags should draft the player that in 5 years will be considered the best player out of the draft. Position shouldn't even factor into it.

It's Sauce. 100% it's Sauce. He is going to be a perennial all-pro. Lets just get the best player. Please.
So that's that. I do wonder who will play left guard and right tackle this season.
(04-27-2022, 11:00 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]So that's that. I do wonder who will play left guard and right tackle this season.

Ben Bartch and a draft pick will compete at LG and Little and Taylor will complete at RT is my guess.
Really curious of guaranteed amount
Good. Let this be the end of any talk about taking an OT with the first pick. Just take Hutch and stop thinking about it. Or trade down if you can get a phenomenal deal . . . which doesn't sound likely.
(04-27-2022, 10:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]3 years - 54 mil possible - team out clause after two yrs

Good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6