Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***2022 Draft Day 3 thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Let's get the day 3 chatter started. 

Day 3 goals should be stock up with high upside fliers IMO. Still a ton of extremely athletic, high upside OL left. Lots of big, athletic X receiver dart throws. 

Please get Daniel Bellinger! Kolar would be good too.
I'm with Upper here on upside fliers at OL and XWR.

Would like to see those picks.
Agreed.
(04-30-2022, 10:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I'm with Upper here on upside fliers at OL and XWR.

Would like to see those picks.

There is nothing more annoying than drafting low upside guys like Jordan Smith and Luke Farrell who are also very low hit rates and everyone wants to replace immediately.

We need a couple of Diesch, Waletzko, Thomas, Paul, Poe, Lindstrom, Zakelj, Wattenburg...and that's just OL.
I still hope we stick to BPA regardless of position. Winfrey, Kolar, Brian Robinson
(04-30-2022, 11:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I still hope we stick to BPA regardless of position. Winfrey, Kolar, Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson was drafted already.
(04-30-2022, 11:16 AM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2022, 11:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]I still hope we stick to BPA regardless of position. Winfrey, Kolar, Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson was drafted already.

Damn, I missed that last night.  Washington got a great RB
I think they'll be prioritizing RT/LG, RB, Safety, TE & WR today.

The question really is whether or not they're going to try and trade up again. I can't see why they would sit on three picks in round six and two picks in round seven. Not a whole lot of value there. If they trade up twice early on today within the next two hours or so and land a RT and/or a player at WR or TE at the expense of those picks that's perfectly fine with me at his point.
Shakir and Austin are my two favorite WRs left out there.  Neither are X.  But talent is talent.  If coaches think we need a fast X to take the top off, the oft-injured Will Fuller is still a FA.  He could play in a package.

We should look at best available RB in Round 5 to complement the backs we have and share the load with our two guys coming off injury.  Allegeier maybe.

TE is still a need.  I think Kolar may be the only one who could make a difference.

IOL depth.  One more, please, to provide competition to elevate the floor of that group.

S would be nice, too, to add competition.
(04-30-2022, 11:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2022, 11:16 AM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]Brian Robinson was drafted already.

Damn, I missed that last night.  Washington got a great RB

Zamir White (Zeus), Hassan Haskins & Tyler Badie are still out there. Out of this trio I would prefer Haskins. He had close to 500 touches last year and didn't cough the football up. Also found the endzone 20 times on the ground. That's a nice rotational guy to have with Robinson and Etienne still on the mend or shaking the rust off. I saw him from start to finish in that Ohio St. game. He's got some break away abilities.

All purpose wise though Badie offers more to this offense as a pass catcher and big play threat. Ran all over the SEC for the most part last year. Zeus was fun to watch the last few years at Georgia. His ACL injuries don't scare as much after he's held up relatively well the last two years.
I would love to see Hasaan Haskins and Justyn Ross in the 5th round. It is wishful thinking because it doubt it will happen but I do feel like these two offensive weapons would be a huge help to Trevor and our injury riddled RB group. We already have Dan Arnold, Evan Engram, Chris Manhertz, and Luke Farrell. How will another late TE get a spot on the roster? I understand that it is not that great of a position group but I feel like a TE at this point will have no impact on bettering the team.
The tough thing to start today's draft is seeing some solid players remaining, and realizing our first pick is not for 52 selections. To move up earlier into the 4th, based on some late 3rd round trades yesterday, it would likely take the 5th round selection plus a 4th round selection in next year's draft. I do not want to see them dip into next year's picks. Patience sucks.
We should trade our 6th and 7th rounders for higher picks next year.
(04-30-2022, 11:45 AM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]The tough thing to start today's draft is seeing some solid players remaining, and realizing our first pick is not for 52 selections.  To move up earlier into the 4th, based on some late 3rd round trades yesterday, it would likely take the 5th round selection plus a 4th round selection in next year's draft.  I do not want to see them dip into next year's picks.  Patience sucks.

I agree with you but I highly doubt it will happen. Based on what Baalke said yesterday about moving up in the second round I don't think we would be willing to sacrifice any of our picks at this point. That is just my take tho, I hope we move up and snag a quality player to help Trevor.
(04-30-2022, 11:45 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2022, 11:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, I missed that last night.  Washington got a great RB

Zamir White (Zeus), Hassan Haskins & Tyler Badie are still out there. Out of this trio I would prefer Haskins. He had close to 500 touches last year and didn't cough the football up. Also found the endzone 20 times on the ground. That's a nice rotational guy to have with Robinson and Etienne still on the mend or shaking the rust off. I saw him from start to finish in that Ohio St. game. He's got some break away abilities.

All purpose wise though Badie offers more to this offense as a pass catcher and big play threat. Ran all over the SEC for the most part last year. Zeus was fun to watch the last few years at Georgia. His ACL injuries don't scare as much after he's held up relatively well the last two years.

Dameon Pierce for me is the RB I want that's still there
Looking to see two 5 round picks. A trade up in the bottom half of 5 with their 6th and 7th rounders. Even use some of next year's later round picks to trade up if needed.

I'm looking to see another OL or two. Even some Safety depth.
(04-30-2022, 11:45 AM)Jagsman Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to see Hasaan Haskins and Justyn Ross in the 5th round. It is wishful thinking because it doubt it will happen but I do feel like these two offensive weapons would be a huge help to Trevor and our injury riddled RB group. We already have Dan Arnold, Evan Engram, Chris Manhertz, and Luke Farrell. How will another late TE get a spot on the roster? I understand that it is not that great of a position group but I feel like a TE at this point will have no impact on bettering the team.

When I'm thinking TE, I'm thinking of a Y.  Engram is essentially a big slot. He's not an inline TE that can block.  Manhertz has hands of stone. He's never had more than 6 catches in a season.  So no one will respect the pass where he's concerned.  Farrell is a 2nd year Manhertz from what I can see.  So really, Arnold is the only TE we have that has to be accounted for by the defense when we line up in 11 personnel.  The Muma pick is where we could have gotten a good TE like Dulcich.  Maybe Kolar could be what we need.  But I think we have to trade back up into the 4th to get him.
(04-30-2022, 11:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2022, 11:45 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Zamir White (Zeus), Hassan Haskins & Tyler Badie are still out there. Out of this trio I would prefer Haskins. He had close to 500 touches last year and didn't cough the football up. Also found the endzone 20 times on the ground. That's a nice rotational guy to have with Robinson and Etienne still on the mend or shaking the rust off. I saw him from start to finish in that Ohio St. game. He's got some break away abilities.

Dameon Pierce for me is the RB I want that's still there

Dameon Pierce is a menace and I would be ecstatic to get him. Would definitely make an instant impact. I feel like the gators didn't give him the right opportunities to show his true potential.
Only 51 more picks to go until we pick!
Pierce to the Texans. Glad we got those defenders!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13