Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 5: Texans vs Jags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[BLEEP] this Eagles game.  I wish we could rematch in good weather.  I don't think they have a better team but they are definitely better in the bad weather conditions.

Gonna move on already and look to beat a division team that have beat us in 8 straight games
On to the next game. Just find a way to win and get to 3-2. We’re still number 1 in our division. If we can hold that spot down, we will atleast get a home playoff game.
(10-02-2022, 04:06 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]On to the next game. Just find a way to win and get to 3-2. We’re still number 1 in our division. If we can hold that spot down, we will atleast get a home playoff game.

We will be tied with the Titans if they win as well
They need to [BLEEP] smash the tinhorns. They need to dictate the line of scrimmage. Play turnover free offensively and punch Pierce in his mouth in the ground game. Mills is not Hurts. You can get after him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(10-02-2022, 04:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]They need to [BLEEP] smash the tinhorns. They need to dictate the line of scrimmage. Play turnover free offensively and punch Pierce in his mouth in the ground game. Mills is not Hurts. You can get after him.

The NFL now has a good look at how to attack our defense after this game by rushing the ball between the tackles.

It'll be interesting to see how we adjust especially if we play a team with a dual-threat QB, because the RPO annihilated us on defense today.

But Davis Mills is definitely not Jalen Hurts. We need to key in on their rushing game first and foremost.
(10-02-2022, 04:18 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 04:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]They need to [BLEEP] smash the tinhorns. They need to dictate the line of scrimmage. Play turnover free offensively and punch Pierce in his mouth in the ground game. Mills is not Hurts. You can get after him.

The NFL now has a good look at how to attack our defense after this game by rushing the ball between the tackles.

It'll be interesting to see how we adjust especially if we play a team with a dual-threat QB, because the RPO annihilated us on defense today.

But Davis Mills is definitely not Jalen Hurts. We need to key in on their rushing game first and foremost.
I'm not buying this.  It worked so well because our ends and LBs had to account for Hurts.  There were multiple time Walker and the LBs were looking at Hurts to run and he handed off to the back.  The Hurts running affect is why they were able to run the ball so well today not to mention they were tired later on with the offense turning it over 4 or 5 times

They have beat us 8 times in a row, just win and I'll be happy
Yeah I don’t think we have a horrible rush defense we have issues with RPO. Look for us to get smoked by the Ravens this year
Next weeks divisional game is twice as big as the Eagles game.

(10-02-2022, 04:24 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I don’t think we have a horrible rush defense we have issues with RPO. Look for us to get smoked by the Ravens this year

Our run defense was ranked #1 prior to todays game.
The wife and I will be in attendance. I’m hoping the team is pissed off about this loss and absolutely shreds the tinhorns

You're going to have to start being aggressive and run blitzing gaps to cut that [BLEEP] out.

This means the secondary has to come up and play more man and less zone. I don't mind it.

I think the run worked today because they had to respect Hurts. You only have to respect four players in the NFL in the RPO and he's one of them.

Mahomes, Jackson and Allen are the other three. I think they'll go back to what they did against Taylor in the home opener and they'll be right back in business defensively.

It's the offense that concerns me. Lawrence had an awful game today. You just cannot turn the ball over in games like this. You especially cannot turn it over in a one score game like he did with the interception.

Pederson, again, his play calling is something you love or hate. You love it when you're winning and you hate it when he's being a stubborn former QB with a gunslinger and all guts and glory mentality holding the clipboard.

Eight carries for Robinson. Eight carries for Etienne. One target for Engram. One target for Arnold. What is a young QB's best friend on the road in a close game when he's turned it over a few times?

Oh... that's right. It's typically a running game and tight end working in a phone booth in between the hashes. He just seems to be deadset on giving the revolver to Lawrence every single game to shoot themselves out of a hole and it's frustrating when it's clearly not working.

All's well. Still a decent team that got humbled today. They can still get on a good streak. Especially in this division. If they lose to the tinhorns for the 9th time in a row though?

We're going to see a fanbase get very.... lethargic.

Fellas, this is pro football at its finest. That was a good football team today. But dad gum we’re a good team too.
Both of our loses come down to fundamentals.

Redskins game we lost because of penalties, a few crucial drops, and a few bad passes by Trev.

Today we lost because of drops, and 4 fumbles and a pick by Trev
(10-02-2022, 04:34 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Fellas, this is pro football at its finest. That was a good football team today. But dad gum we’re a good team too.

Absolutely...and next week the Jags will be at home!
Let's get some cowhide!
Well my perfect streak was stopped today. I picked the Eagles and they actually won. I'm going to pick early this week, I think the Jags will come back home and spank the tinhorns so I'll get my second straight correct pick.

Nah up until this game we had the number one run defense in the league... This game will not define us and if teams think that they can run the ball on us try it the past few weeks is not a fluke
I hope it don't rain next Sun in Jax
(10-02-2022, 04:55 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2022, 04:18 PM)enigma Wrote: [ -> ]The NFL now has a good look at how to attack our defense after this game by rushing the ball between the tackles.

Nah up until this game we had the number one run defense in the league... This game will not define us and if teams think that they can run the ball on us try it the past few weeks is not a fluke

Of course and we also led the league in takeaways too. But the smart gameplan would be to spread our defense out and run the ball between the tackles.

Obviously we won't play against a dual-threat QB like Hurts every week so that RPO that destroyed us today won't be our downfall in the coming weeks. Plus, our defense hopefully won't have to play QB contain on both edges which should allow us to commit more bodies between each gap.

But we certainly got exposed on defense and there's no denying that. It might be an anomaly, but I hope and feel confident that Pederson will make the necessary adjustments to get us back to where we need to be.
I had some wings in the smoker I was tending to occasionally and must’ve missed when Fatukasi went out cause I got an alert on my phone that said he had been ruled out at some point in the 2nd half. What happened to him and was the run D markedly worse when he went out than before?
(10-02-2022, 05:11 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I had some wings in the smoker I was tending to occasionally and must’ve missed when Fatukasi went out cause I got an alert on my phone that said he had been ruled out at some point in the 2nd half.  What happened to him and was the run D markedly worse when he went out than before?

Went out with a Quad injury I believe it was and yes losing him hurt.
(10-02-2022, 04:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ][BLEEP] this Eagles game.  I wish we could rematch in good weather.  I don't think they have a better team but they are definitely better in the bad weather conditions.

Gonna move on already and look to beat a division team that have beat us in 8 straight games

It would be a completely different game. I think Smith and Brown could challenge the secondary, and if they got going, Hurts has room to scramble. However, the Jags passing offense would have probably clicked better in as well. Sadly that was the game I wanted to see, and we didn't get it. Stupid Ian.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9