Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Evan Engram,single season record+New Contract
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
He stands alone at the top for the most receptions and the most receiving yards by a Jaguars TE.

If you want to be technical he also has the most rushing yards in a season by a Jaguars TE.

I think it’s pretty cool that he broke both records in 16 games.
Well to be fair, both record were set with a 16 game schedule too.
What do you mean to be fair? That’s what I said.
(01-03-2023, 10:57 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean to be fair? That’s what I said.

well to be fair, he said it too
[Image: Zg.gif]
I hope they can re-sign him.
Man..I just hope he re-signs here.

With Trevor Lawrence, Engram, Zay Jones and Kirk all being in the system for a full year, and adding Ridley to the offense...Engram's numbers could go down, but the offense should be more productive overall.
(01-03-2023, 12:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Man..I just hope he re-signs here.

With Trevor Lawrence, Engram, Zay Jones and Kirk all being in the system for a full year, and adding Ridley to the offense...Engram's numbers could go down, but the offense should be more productive overall.

I bet he's #1 on Baalke's resigning list...  It would be GM malpractice if he wasn't.

If there was a way to sign Jawaan Taylor and Engram, I think Baalke would have earned his money as GM.  Our cap situation is just gonna be tough...
I hope Engram doesn't break the bank, but I do think he is an important part of this offense. I'd resign him if we can make it work. There are going to be some tough choices coming up.
(01-03-2023, 12:35 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]

I bet he's #1 on Baalke's resigning list...  It would be GM malpractice if he wasn't.

If there was a way to sign Jawaan Taylor and Engram, I think Baalke would have earned his money as GM.  Our cap situation is just gonna be tough...

Based on his appearance on the Monday Night show, I believe he WANTS to be here.  I know it's often the case that players with expiring contracts will say that before they leave, but I get the sense he values playing with Trevor Lawrence in Pederson's offense.  I think he knows he can reach his potential here.  That's why he chose Jacksonville in the first place, and the way the season played out, his thinking was confirmed.

As for Taylor, I know he's in a contract year, but I also think the he's had his best year as a pro because of the coaching.  I hope he'll stay.  Continuity helps on the OL.
(01-03-2023, 12:35 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]

I may be in the minority but I dont love either Taylor or Robinson. I think they are both very average.
(01-03-2023, 03:19 PM)ClemsonJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2023, 12:35 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]I bet he's #1 on Baalke's resigning list...  It would be GM malpractice if he wasn't.

I may be in the minority but I dont love either Taylor or Robinson. I think they are both very average.

Uche had a Youtube video where he broke down our O-Line.  RIP UCHE!!

Based on his analysis, Taylor is the better tackle...  Uche showed tape that exposed Cam Robinson.  It kinda hurts knowing we are going to keep the weaker tackle and let Taylor walk...  I think we need to really invest the draft on O-Line...   

It will be a mistake to let Taylor walk, and then just let Little hang out to dry with nobody but Cam on the other end.  We have to prioritize the O-Line.
Yeah we need all pros at every position. Especially tackles.
(01-03-2023, 03:19 PM)ClemsonJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2023, 12:35 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]I bet he's #1 on Baalke's resigning list...  It would be GM malpractice if he wasn't.

You may be right, but I think they had good seasons under Pederson and Rauscher.
(01-03-2023, 03:32 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2023, 03:19 PM)ClemsonJag Wrote: [ -> ]I may be in the minority but I dont love either Taylor or Robinson. I think they are both very average.

Uche had a Youtube video where he broke down our O-Line.  RIP UCHE!!

Based on his analysis, Taylor is the better tackle...  Uche showed tape that exposed Cam Robinson.  It kinda hurts knowing we are going to keep the weaker tackle and let Taylor walk...  I think we need to really invest the draft on O-Line...   

It will be a mistake to let Taylor walk, and then just let Little hang out to dry with nobody but Cam on the other end.  We have to prioritize the O-Line.

Maybe so, but will Taylor mail it in when he gets paid?  I've seen enough to know Cam definitely loves the game and will always give his all.  Not sure if I could expect as much in the effort department from Taylor.
Of course, now with Douggie Phresh and T-Law setting the tone, effort may not be an issue for anyone around here again for a long time anyway.

And just to be clear, I'm not talking effort on the field.  Everyone plays hard on gamedays or they're out of the league pretty quickly.  I'm talking about extra time in the weight room or watching film...  Working to be as strong as possible in the off-season and to be as prepared as possible for opponents during game weeks.
The tides has changed around here fellas. We’re playing for championships from here on out. It’s all about the QB. Of Lawrence wants Taylor, Cam, and Engram then the front office will find a way to get it done. Lawrence effect.
(01-03-2023, 09:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]The tides has changed around here fellas. We’re playing for championships from here on out. It’s all about the QB. Of Lawrence wants Taylor, Cam, and Engram then the front office will find a way to get it done. Lawrence effect.

Kind of like how the Packers worked it out to keep Adams for Rogers?
(01-03-2023, 09:19 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2023, 09:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]The tides has changed around here fellas. We’re playing for championships from here on out. It’s all about the QB. Of Lawrence wants Taylor, Cam, and Engram then the front office will find a way to get it done. Lawrence effect.

Kind of like how the Packers worked it out to keep Adams for Rogers?

Hopefully if Lawrence doesn't always get what he wants, he at least won't be a little [BLEEP] about it.

That said, Green Bay could have definitely made a better effort to get/keep weapons for Rodgers, and he had a point most of the time.
There are tough decisions to be made this off-season, fortunately we do not have to focus on that yet and can enjoy 2+ more weeks of meaningful Jaguars football.

With that said, I hope they prioritize paying Engram. He has proven himself in a short period and has developed good chemistry with Trevor, he could very well be our long term Franchise TE.
Gotta sign this dude. Lewis in 2007 was the last time we had any kind of legit decent TE play. Not that we should rest on Engrams laurels for good. If we can draft a guy to develop we should.
As far as off season contracts go he should be top 2, imo, priority.
I like Engram what type of contract would we be looking at. 15 mil is highest paid te. Number 10 is around 11 mil. We paid him 9 mil this year. Should we offer 3 yrs 36 mil? Do you consider him a top 10 te?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9