Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Professors tell students: Drop class if you dispute man-made climate change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Professors tell students: Drop class if you dispute man-made climate change

‘We will not, at any time, debate the science of climate change’

Three professors co-teaching an online course called “Medical Humanities in the Digital Age” at the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs recently told their students via email that man-made climate change is not open for debate, and those who think otherwise have no place in their course.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/28825/

So you can't get real news from the news channels, you can't get an education from a University, A giant Federal agency currently controlled by the Democrats will be overseeing the November election, and Obama's handing full control of the Internet to the U.N on October 1st.

We doomed. 

Quote:So you can't get real news from the news channels, you can't get an education from a University, A giant Federal agency currently controlled by the Democrats will be overseeing the November election, and Obama's handing full control of the Internet to the U.N on October 1st.

We doomed. 

We are China right before the cultural revolution. Give it a couple more years, especially if Hillary gets elected.
Quote:We are China right before the cultural revolution. Give it a couple more years, especially if Hillary gets elected.
You realize the Cultural Revolution was a massive failure and set the development of China back by decades? Even the Communist Party called it the biggest setback set the WW2.
Quote:You realize the Cultural Revolution was a massive failure and set the development of China back by decades? Even the Communist Party called it the biggest setback set the WW2.

That was my point, senpai.
Quote:That was my point, senpai.
Oh right, I thought you meant your side would be the one doing the revolting (is that a verb?).
what the hell does climate change have to do with medical humanities of the digital age, when would that even come up?

Quote:Professors tell students: Drop class if you dispute man-made climate change

‘We will not, at any time, debate the science of climate change’

Three professors co-teaching an online course called “Medical Humanities in the Digital Age” at the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs recently told their students via email that man-made climate change is not open for debate, and those who think otherwise have no place in their course.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/28825/

Nothing like open minds and actually teaching.
Quote:what the hell does climate change have to do with medical humanities of the digital age, when would that even come up?

You must be indoctrinated/conform.  You will be assimilated.
I recall, at the peak of my collegiate political brainwashing, one of my professors was throwing fits about fossil fuels and alternative energy.  While those issues are important, the "sell" for him to get the desired buy-in was to use bogus figures to "prove" (err, scare the weak minded) that the planet was going to be completely empty of oil and gasoline by the late 90s.

Everything is always an exaggeration and pushed to the extreme to "sell" the extremist left viewpoint.

That should be a huge red flag to the thinking man.  If you're correct, there's absolutely no reason to lie to "sell" your argument.

And if you are right, you shouldn't worry about conforming behavior.  There is no worry as truth speaks for itself.  Only lying needs a forced compliance to create a false truth.

It's cause they're authoritarians
Quote:It's cause they're authoritarians

And smarter than you.

Elite even.

So shut up and do what they say.
How dare they. Next they will ban debate on creationism,
No offense, guys, but it's a University level course.  The arguments against climate change are similar to the arguments that Sandy Hook was a false flag.

There's no real evidence, just suspicion on the side of the climate deniers.  That's not what college is about.  

I mean, it's like you people are mad that a University physics teacher would tell flat earthers that they should drop his class.  

It's the same thing.  Climate change deniers and flat earthers are the same people.  There is no place for that type of discussion in a university setting which is founded on a debate and dialogue of empirical facts.  The minute a climate change denier starts questioning the temperatures of NASA the professor should shut that moron down.  Sorry, that's not how University works.  I know here in the jungle some of us may thing NASA and all those temperature stations are all fixed. But that garbage doesn't fly at a University.  

Scientists agree almost to a 100% level that climate change is occurring.  If a climate denier wants to have a discussion, they can come here, go to reddit, or go to some other place where science isn't important to the discussion.  
Quote:No offense, guys, but it's a University level course. The arguments against climate change are similar to the arguments that Sandy Hook was a false flag.

There's no real evidence, just suspicion on the side of the climate deniers. That's not what college is about.

I mean, it's like you people are mad that a University physics teacher would tell flat earthers that they should drop his class.

It's the same thing. Climate change deniers and flat earthers are the same people. There is no place for that type of discussion in a university setting which is founded on a debate and dialogue of empirical facts. The minute a climate change denier starts questioning the temperatures of NASA the professor should shut that moron down. Sorry, that's not how University works. I know here in the jungle some of us may thing NASA and all those temperature stations are all fixed. But that garbage doesn't fly at a University.

Scientists agree almost to a 100% level that climate change is occurring. If a climate denier wants to have a discussion, they can come here, go to reddit, or go to some other place where science isn't important to the discussion.

But do we know it's man made? Could an argument be made that this climate change is consistent with climate change the world's been going on from the beginning.
Quote:But do we know it's man made? Could an argument be made that this climate change is consistent with climate change the world's been going on from the beginning.

1. Yes.

2. Climate deniers don't even go as far a the nuance you just provided.

3. 98% of scientists agree.

It's a university class. There are plenty of other courses they can take to complete their degree program. Its not like these little snowflakes that want to bury their heads in the sand are being forced to take the class as gun point.
Sorry, but science has proven that you're 100% full of [BLEEP].

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/

Warning, link only for intelligent thinkers only.

Frauds need not bother, they'll summarily reject the science.

Flat earthers and climate deniers both ignore NASA data.

If that's the company you want to keep, be my guest.
So, my point is proven here.  You continue to ignore the truth, because you believe in fraud.

http://realclimatescience.com/2015/11/re...-of-paris/
Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, unicorns, man made climate change... all cut from similar cloth.

So... "cool" story bro.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11