Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 9ers talk. What’s the game plan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Purdy likes to get the ball out quick. Can’t let McCaffrey get loose.

As a pure football fan this is a great matchup. Any chance we get flexed to a night game?
Grind out a win, just like we always do.
The league has until tomorrow to decide to flex the Jets/Raiders out of Sunday night football and potentially move our matchup with the 9ers up to that slot. With the Jets staying in the hunt and being the market that it is, I'm doubting they get flexed out.
Put the offensive execution together for 4 quarters. Team definitely can grind out and play.
Get Little back at LG

Get the ball out quick (Hargrave could eat in this one)

Get ETN the ball in space creatively a bit more (our OL won't win up front run blocking in this matchup)

SF plays as much zone as man - I'd look to target Zay and Kirk against their zone looks plenty especially if they shade a safety to Ridley's side

Attack with the pass rush - SF pass block win rate is almost as bad as the Jags
I don't like them coming in here on a 3 game skid. At some point their ship will get righted. Too much talent.

I didn't really follow their game yesterday to comment on his specific performance, but Purdy got a concussion against the Vikings the week before and threw 2 interceptions after that play that he was injured on. I remember watching it live seeing his head get hit in the pile and his head then bent backwards. Looked uncomfortable as hell. Then we find out the next day or so that he is in the concussion protocol. I'm sure that affected his play.
they like to run, so do what we do best and that is stop the run and pressure purdy into mistakes. on our side we need to play mistake free and make it into the endzone more than not when we are in striking distance.
We'll both be relatively healthier with important pieces back in the line-up after the bye week. Home crowd needs to bring the noise. I think despite all of Purdy's issues lately that Shanahan will come up with a good gameplan and make Caldwell work hard as a DC in this one.

I want to see our offense take over a game. That's what I really want to see. The same way the Vikings and Bengals had their way with them offensively and then made them pay for turning it over. That's what I want to see. I want the offense to put 28 on them or more.
(10-30-2023, 04:11 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]The league has until tomorrow to decide to flex the Jets/Raiders out of Sunday night football and potentially move our matchup with the 9ers up to that slot.  With the Jets staying in the hunt and being the market that it is, I'm doubting they get flexed out.

Yeah but the jets play boring football. That game yesterday was ugly. Alas, it isn’t meant to be. Maybe we might move to 4:25?
Purdy is not good. He's extremely inaccurate downfield unless he has a guy running wide open. He has a below average arm. Just like all of the qbs Shanahan throws in to his system they can look good when the niners play with a lead. If you get out in front in the second half purdy will not bring them back. But if you fall behind early against them things can get ugly. Their pass defense has looked awful the last 2 weeks against the bengals and vikings. I hope trevor comes out slinging and puts us up early.

"As the 49ers continue mired in a three-game losing streak, the league is starting to find some hard truths about Purdy. When San Francisco is tied or trailing in the second half, Purdy has three touchdowns and seven interceptions. He has eight touchdowns to zero interceptions when leading."
NO! Keep the game at Noon, 3 hours for them, they'll be playing in the morning. Anything later only helps them.
(10-30-2023, 04:42 PM)H8tank Wrote: [ -> ]NO!  Keep the game at Noon, 3 hours for them, they'll be playing in the morning.  Anything later only helps them.

I hear you but the bank be rockin with them night games and Doug is money in PrimeTime.
Zay gonna take over the game.
(10-30-2023, 04:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]We'll both be relatively healthier with important pieces back in the line-up after the bye week. Home crowd needs to bring the noise. I think despite all of Purdy's issues lately that Shanahan will come up with a good gameplan and make Caldwell work hard as a DC in this one.

I want to see our offense take over a game. That's what I really want to see. The same way the Vikings and Bengals had their way with them offensively and then made them pay for turning it over. That's what I want to see. I want the offense to put 28 on them or more.

Yeah I expect a little extra spice out of Shanahan in his gameplan.  Pull out all the stops to avoid extending the skid from his perspective.  I hope we come out of the bye refreshed and focused.
Get pressure on purdy & limit MC as much as possible

Having Cisco and Campbell back will be huge
49ers defense, the past 3 weeks anyway, has been a dumpster fire and letting up yards like crazy. We should be able to exploit them. I very much want Trevor to have his 2023 breakout game this game to silence any leftover haters, but gritting out another win will be satisfying too.

Campbell, Cisco, Zay back and Little fully healthy. We should be in the best position we’ve been in since week 1

Plus maybe a new pass rusher added today/tomorrow
McCaffrey destroyed the Jaguars defense on the last meet when he was in Carolina. Stop him and this game should go to the Jaguars.
(10-30-2023, 04:11 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]The league has until tomorrow to decide to flex the Jets/Raiders out of Sunday night football and potentially move our matchup with the 9ers up to that slot. With the Jets staying in the hunt and being the market that it is, I'm doubting they get flexed out.
Watch Rodgers announce he will be practicing or trying to play in that game.
(10-30-2023, 04:42 PM)H8tank Wrote: [ -> ]NO! Keep the game at Noon, 3 hours for them, they'll be playing in the morning. Anything later only helps them.
FOX has the doubleheader and no way they move the Cowboys out of the 4pm slot. FOX has multiple good games at 1pm that week. CBS has nothing good that week, so the NFL could move something around but don't think 4pm is an option.

The game should be flexed but it's a trip to Vegas for the production crew. They can talk about how the Jets are still winning and interview Rodgers about his recovery. It will probably stay at 1pm.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(10-30-2023, 06:53 PM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]McCaffrey destroyed the Jaguars defense on the last meet when he was in Carolina. Stop him and this game should go to the Jaguars.

I reckon holding him to 100 and 6 points may be the most you can hope for, but this defense just keeps surprising me lately...
Hopefully we can break the cmc TD game streak
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11