Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ryan Lochte... white privilege?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Are liberals seriously trying to force race into this? Athletes- both black and white- have been doing stupid stuff and getting preferential treatment for a long time.

Humor me, libs.
*waits on JFC to spew his retardedness.
Not sure what's race got to do with him being a douche.

Not sure why you think all liberals think it has or is that just your bogey word?
Quote:Not sure what's race got to do with him being a [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Not sure why you think all liberals think it has or is that just your bogey word?

Exactly. It doesn't.

I didn't say all liberal think it. However, the only people I've seen take that angle have all been liberals. Therefor, it makes sense to specifically asking liberals and not conservatives.
He's not even worth talking about. The people who are making him a big deal are those who need something to be angry about or offended by, and that comes from both sides.
Who cares?  

No, its douche bag celebrity athlete priviledge.
Quote:Who cares?

Liberals
Quote:Liberals

Can you shares link to what your talking about? I mean the liberals part.
Quote:Can you shares link to what your talking about? I mean the liberals part.

Sure.

Here's one

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/9-tw...9c3a160fd2

and another

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2...-privilege

and another

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ryan...dc73262f93

and another.

https://thinkprogress.org/ryan-lochte-pr....xlnqofk64

As if black and white athletes alike don't get preferential treatment. It's star athlete privilege, not white privilege.

Hello? Indy? I did what you asked... Why are you avoiding the links?
Quote:As if black and white athletes alike don't get preferential treatment. It's star athlete privilege, not white privilege.

Listen I only asked about the links you were talking about out of curiosity. Not because I disagree with you.

So do you disagree with the article that looks at how Gabby Douglas was treated for " Not putting her hand over heart", versus Lochte?

Not sure how any of those articles would upset you. Do you know any history about Ryan Lochte? Did you know his Father was fired from a job and the story behind it?

Anyway, Ryan Lochte is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Ryan does dumb things and has always been like this. Personally I think making Ryan Lochte a political statement is beyond ignorant and clearly has no knowledge of him or his personality. I am hoping to see him down in Daytona in a few weeks though.
I do think it's funny that because one guy said something stupid and they should get a pass that all the sudden its white privilege.  A large majority of white people think he's an idiot.

Gabby Douglas didn't look like she wanted to be there the whole time.  The 4 other girls all came together and looked like best friends, Gabby Douglas made it look like she was kidnapped and forced to go.  Tell me how Simone Biles was the face of the Olympics (she's a black woman by the way) and somehow people saying Gabby Douglas not putting her hand on her chest was racist. 

What's the deal with putting your hand on your heart during the anthem anyway? Is it ingrained on you guys over there? Other nations don't do it. Seems a bit cheesy.
Quote:What's the deal with putting your hand on your heart during the anthem anyway? Is it ingrained on you guys over there? Other nations don't do it. Seems a bit cheesy.

Yes, we have decorum for the Flag, Pledge, and Anthem. It's code but not enforced law, and most of us find those who don't abide by it, especially in a spotlight like an Olympic medal podium, to be disrespectful ingrates.
Quote:Yes, we have decorum for the Flag, Pledge, and Anthem. It's code but not enforced law, and most of us find those who don't abide by it, especially in a spotlight like an Olympic medal podium, to be disrespectful ingrates.

You put in all the work to be good enough to earn an olympic medal for your nation you earn the right to stand there however you like.  
Quote:What's the deal with putting your hand on your heart during the anthem anyway? Is it ingrained on you guys over there? Other nations don't do it. Seems a bit cheesy.
Military personnel stand, face towards and salute the flag during the anthem, civilians place their hand over their heart and remove their hat. To not do so offends many Americans. You even referring to it being cheesy slightly offends me. I trained with some Aussie sailors and they saluted their flag if I recall correctly and they damn sure respected ours.

Edit; Damn, forgot to comment on the thread subject.

White privilege? No.White meathead is more like it. I bet he ate a lot of paint chips growing up.

Quote:Are liberals seriously trying to force race into this? Athletes- both black and white- have been doing stupid stuff and getting preferential treatment for a long time.

Humor me, libs.

Both Hillary and Brian Williams can verify that they were there dodging sniper fire.

Most Olympians (especially in the winter olympics) come from rich spoiled backgrounds.  Heck, I could not even afford to join our HS Ski Club back in the day living in Pittsburgh.  These olympic skiers are living on the slopes of Aspen and traveling to Austria before they are even 15 years old....... then they ask me to contribute to theIir Olympic Training --- NO WAY DUDE !! 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7