Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Unarmed man shot by police in Miami
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article90905442.html'>http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article90905442.html</a>

Quote:Kinsey said when he asked the officer why he fired his weapon, the cop responded, “I don’t know.”

Mr. Kinsey, who works for a group home was sent to locate an autistic man who had escaped from the facility and was posing a danger to himself by sitting in the middle of the street playing with a toy truck. The police arrive and order Mr. Kinsey to the ground. Mr. Kinsey is on his back, hands in the air, fully complaint, and still gets shot. This is crazy.
Doesn't seem like it was even intentional. Not a pig, but certainly not capable of safely handling a firearm, and therefore he has no business on the force. Cut his irresponsible self loose and let him go stand by the door at Walmart for the rest of his career.
I agree with TJBender.  The cop immediately knew he did something wrong.  He should either be given a desk job or fired and whatever criminally happens, happens.

If someone calls 911 and says that someone outside has a gun and is acting erratically I'm going to be on high alert and may be quick to judge movements or actions.  You can be trained all you want, but until your faced with someone potentially having a gun in front of you, its pretty hard to judge them in cases like these.  In cases of your life or mine, I'm always going to choose mine.

Bull [BLEEP]. Trigger happy and jumpy is not what we need in our police force. They shouldn't even have their rifles out in this case much less aiming them at two people who clearly weren't aiming anything at them. The"protect my life before yours" mentality is the antithesis of what we need from our police.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article90905442.html'>http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article90905442.html</a>

Mr. Kinsey, who works for a group home was sent to locate an autistic man who had escaped from the facility and was posing a danger to himself by sitting in the middle of the street playing with a toy truck. The police arrive and order Mr. Kinsey to the ground. Mr. Kinsey is on his back, hands in the air, fully complaint, and still gets shot. This is crazy.

I was just about to post this.. This is crazy. So for the people who believe that, u only get shot while resisting or having a gun, here is yet another video of someone getting shot without justification!
From reading the story, it seems accidental, but I agree, any policeman who accidentally shoots someone should not have a gun.  
Oh I'm sure he stole a jolly rancher from a store in 1973 that will justify this shooting. 

flsprtsgod - He shouldn't have his gun out for a call that stated someone had a gun?  Sure, seems like you know what you're talking about.

Quote:Oh I'm sure he stole a jolly rancher from a store in 1973 that will justify this shooting. 

Cant wait to see what useless history they dig up
Quote:Bull [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Trigger happy and jumpy is not what we need in our police force. They shouldn't even have their rifles out in this case much less aiming them at two people who clearly weren't aiming anything at them. The"protect my life before yours" mentality is the antithesis of what we need from our police.

Read this on the cnn crawl this morning... the crawl said the therapist was complying with the officer orders, had his hands up and was still shot...

If that's what happened, it's yet another indication that we are training these people terribly.
Quote:Oh I'm sure he stole a jolly rancher from a store in 1973 that will justify this shooting.

I'm at work on a conference call with no intentions of logging in until after work until I saw this.

You win the Internet for today.
Nope no problem none at all nothing to see here WHY ARE YOU ALL UPSET AT COPS DID YOU KNOW ITS HARD WORK.
The officer needs to be tried in court after an investigation.  Rioting will not help.

Quote:Nope no problem none at all nothing to see here WHY ARE YOU ALL UPSET AT COPS DID YOU KNOW ITS HARD WORK.

I hope you don't look as dumb as you sound.
Quote:The officer needs to be tried in court after an investigation. Rioting will not help.

I think we can all agree on this.
Quote:The officer needs to be tried in court after an investigation. Rioting will not help.
Agreed. It looks like he inadvertently fired. Now, the question of why he had his finger on the trigger of an assault rifle aimed at a man lying on the ground with his hands in the air is up for debate, but this appears to be a case of gross negligence rather than excessive force.
From the available facts it seems the officer that fired his weapon is either a criminal, incompetent, or simply to friggin stupid to wear a uniform. The consequences should reflect as such.

Quote:Agreed. It looks like he inadvertently fired. Now, the question of why he had his finger on the trigger of an assault rifle aimed at a man lying on the ground with his hands in the air is up for debate, but this appears to be a case of gross negligence rather than excessive force.

The article said there were three shots fired.
Quote:Read this on the cnn crawl this morning... the crawl said the therapist was complying with the officer orders, had his hands up and was still shot...

If that's what happened, it's yet another indication that we are training these people terribly.

I don't know.  Hasn't this always happened?   How many times did police have this type of encounter yesterday?  Is it really unusual for this type of thing to happen?   Yes, it appears this one guy probably should not be a policeman.   But how many police are there?   What percentage of times does this actually happen?  

To me, it's like terrorism.   There's a terrorist incident somewhere in the world, and people start posting that they've decided they won't leave their house without a gun.   It's ridiculous.  What are the odds of anyone actually encountering a terrorist?   Practically zero.    

Isn't it possible we're overreacting to everything?   It's all driven by the internet.   Everything is news now.   There's no perspective.  
Quote:I don't know.  Hasn't this always happened?   How many times did police have this type of encounter yesterday?  Is it really unusual for this type of thing to happen?   Yes, it appears this one guy probably should not be a policeman.   But how many police are there?   What percentage of times does this actually happen?  

To me, it's like terrorism.   There's a terrorist incident somewhere in the world, and people start posting that they've decided they won't leave their house without a gun.   It's ridiculous.  What are the odds of anyone actually encountering a terrorist?   Practically zero.    

Isn't it possible we're overreacting to everything?   It's all driven by the internet.   Everything is news now.   There's no perspective.  

Yes, it's being covered by main stream news because its going to generate a reaction.  that should make people think about who is running main stream news and what their agenda is.  im not saying this incident should NOT be covered by news.  it's just telling to see what main stream news selects to cover.  there is a reason.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11