Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles top QB from the last 3 Drafts!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
https://www.nfl.com/now/10103061-7033-00...sf22942017

David Carr picks Bortles best QB from last 3 drafts. He didn't pick his own brother Big Grin

He couldn't pick his brother. But honestly I cant Bortles is any better than Derek Carr and vice versa for Derek Carr. Both are 2 young franchise QBs you can build around.

Quote:He couldn't pick his brother. But honestly I cant Bortles is any better than Derek Carr and vice versa for Derek Carr. Both are 2 young franchise QBs you can build around.

But who is the better player? I think it is Bortles. Yeah he threw interceptions but so did Manning and Roethlisberger. Plus I think Bortles has potential to be one of the top QBs in the league, he will only improve. I think Derek Carr is a good QB but at the end of their careers Bortles will be the better one. 
It's a long time between now and the end of their careers. Bortles's body will probably hold up better.. at this time that's the only certainty i can put my stamp on... It will be exciting though in 4-5 years when the elite bracket has both the Raiders and the Jags year after year. 

There are some things Carr does better than Bortles and some things Bortles does better than Carr. I cant say one is better than the other

Raiders and Jaguars both did good in that draft.  Hopefully in the long run we'll do better.

Quote:There are some things Carr does better than Bortles and some things Bortles does better than Carr. I cant say one is better than the other

Pretty much. Their stats are eerily similar
There is also Winston and Mariotta.  At this point, one could take any of the 4.  This year should separate the 4 QB's as their teams get more talent and prove what their QB's are worth.

Above everything Bortles and Carr are light years ahead of Teddy Bridgewater

Id say its: 

1.Bortles - Fearless and confident with athleticism that actually translates

2. Carr - Smart , Accurate , Consistent - Mr.Clean 

3. Winston - Able to elevate those around him , Prime athlete 

4. Bridgewater - Clutch game manager , minimizes mistakes

5. Mariota - Wild card with massive potential as a real dual threat Qb
Quote:5. Mariota - Wild card with massive potential as a real dual threat Qb

Idk, I'd say you have to be able to complete outside and deep passes to really be considered for the dual "threat" label. He's a 1.5 threat
I think David Carr, with all he had to go through in the NFL is going to make a great analyst.

Quote:Id say its: 

Mariota behind Bridgewater? I don't understand that one at all, I feel he's a much better than the conservative, weak armed QB known as Teddy Bridgewater
Ahhhhhhhhhh

How clearly I remember the Teddy and Johnny hype and the MAN LOVE in the air.

Amazing what a couple of years reveals.

HeadSlap

I was on the Manziel man love train. Im so ashamed of myself!!!

Quote:I think David Carr, with all he had to go through in the NFL is going to make a great analyst.

Houston really jacked him up. The line they put him behind was as strong as 5 traffic cones. Gabbert was always afraid of pressure even back to college but in this case you have to blame the Texans. After that stint with Houston Carr was never comfortable in the pocket again.
Quote:Houston really jacked him up. The line they put him behind was as strong as 5 traffic cones. Gabbert was always afraid of pressure even back to college but in this case you have to blame the Texans. After that stint with Houston Carr was never comfortable in the pocket again.
Definitely how i feel about the situation. As an expansion team, i believe they would have been better with drafting someone else.

They had a plan to take their QB and protect him with the first pick in the expansion draft Tony Boselli. Boselli never played a down for them because of injury (Jags knew something they didn't) and Carr took the punishment. 
Quote:Id say its:

I would hardly call Bridgewater a "clutch" game manager, dudes been about as mediocre as they get (so far anyway).

#LongLiveTankForTeddy
Quote:Ahhhhhhhhhh

How clearly I remember the Teddy and Johnny hype and the MAN LOVE in the air.

Amazing what a couple of years reveals.

HeadSlap
That's nothing.

I was at the Jacksonville Landing for the Bortles draft and I want to say 95% of the people there booed him when he was selected.
I still have a gut feeling Winston is going to flame out in the next 2 years
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10