Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ** The Official Malik Jackson Thread **
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Welcome to the Jags !!

1010xl reporting --- direct info from the Denver press.

[Image: usa-today-8257935.0.jpg]

According to the new rules they can't "agree on principle". I'm guessing it's like we are "agreeing to agree on principle on Wednesday 4pm"
Welcome Malik. Now sack the QB.
huge pickup, ladies and gents you're seeing what a "rebuild" is supposed to look like, first hand. The Cubs and Astros pulled it off in baseball and the Jags are about to pull this thing off in the NFL, build through the draft for 3-4 years and supplement in free agency, as the draft allows you to build a talented roster of cheap cost-controlled players. Kudos to our front office, very exciting time to be a Jags fan.

Typical Jags, signing 2nd, 3rd tier free agents. Boooooooo.
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@<b>RapSheet</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/707266972858392576'>1m1 minute ago</a>

<p class=""><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> have emerged as the landing spot for <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash'>#<b>Broncos</b></a> DT Malik Jackson, source said. Negotiations ongoing, but it's expected to get done

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

Jaguars app says 6 years..

Focus should be on signing Irvin next
I wonder if we're also interested in Irvin or if Irvin was just using social media to pry more money from Atlanta?  Guess we'll find out soon.

Quote: 

Ian Rapoport ‏@<b>RapSheet</b> 1m1 minute ago

<div>
#<b>Jaguars</b> have emerged as the landing spot for #<b>Broncos</b> DT Malik Jackson, source said. Negotiations ongoing, but it's expected to get done

</div>

Source please
I'm thinking that over the course of the next few years, we may have the most players with super bowl rings !!!   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Must have been waiting on all the renewal money to come in.

If this goes down I'll be ecstatic. Malik and Marks in the middle is ridiculous. M&M!
Quote:Typical Jags, signing 2nd, 3rd tier free agents. Boooooooo.

Sarcasm?
Someone tell me why we should get so excited by this guy again(seriously)? We didnt get von Miller or Ware, so arent we still gonna have pass rush problems? I want to get excited but signing Denvers 3rd best linemen, not sure that does it for me.
Quote:I wonder if we're also interested in Irvin or if Irvin was just using social media to pry more money from Atlanta?  Guess we'll find out soon.
We are, they play two different positions so its not gonna stop us from getting him
Quote:Someone tell me why we should get so excited by this guy again(seriously)? We didnt get von Miller or Ware, so arent we still gonna have pass rush problems? I want to get excited but signing Denvers 3rd best linemen, not sure that does it for me.
Have you ever heard of Marcus Stroud and Big John Henderson? He is a disruptive force at DT and can play on the outside, he will open up the pass rush for Fowler, Marks, Bennet, and others and he also gets after the QB.

Quote:According to the new rules they can't "agree on principle". I'm guessing it's like we are "agreeing to agree on principle on Wednesday 4pm"
New rules, teams can exchange and agree on contracts, but they can't sign until FA officially begins. Either side could reconsider before then.

Not sure how I feel about this one. I really think Jackson was a product of those around him more than an actual stud lineman, and I hate throwing tons of money at guys like that.
Quote:Typical Jags, signing 2nd, 3rd tier free agents. Boooooooo.
ProFootballTalk: #1 free agent
Sports Illustrated: #1 free agent
NFL.com: #2 free agent
SBNation: #1 free agent
Chicago Tribune: #1 free agent
Yahoo!: #2 defensive free agent
ProFootballFocus: #3 free agent
CBS Sports: #2 free agent
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11