Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Todd Wash Promoted to Defensive Coordinator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran  now6 seconds ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">#jaguars promote Todd Wash to defensive coordinator.

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/690278547798233088'>20m20 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Press conference tomorrow to announce Wash. <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/jaguars?src=hash'>#jaguars</a>

Lol did you expect someone to take this dumpster fire job? Might as well ask him to buy the rope
Don't like that move. Todd maybe a good coach who knows. But he hasn't got enough production out of the DLine and he gets promoted. What a world we are living in? I wish my boss gives me a promotion after I do a bad job. 

Quote:Don't like that move. Todd maybe a good coach who knows. But he hasn't got enough production out of the DLine and he gets promoted. What a world we are living in? I wish my boss gives me a promotion after I do a bad job. 

It is kind of funny.  Congratulations on having the worst part of the team, we are going to promote you!
So he got promoted to puppet.. That's all he's gonna be if Gus is gonna have his hand in on the defense next season..
Quote:Don't like that move. Todd maybe a good coach who knows. But he hasn't got enough production out of the DLine and he gets promoted. What a world we are living in? I wish my boss gives me a promotion after I do a bad job. 

Eh, he had Andre Branch and Chris Clemons playing the LEO spot this season. I don't think there's a line coach in this league that could have had them playing any better because they simply aren't good/over the hill. The non-pass rushers have developed pretty nicely during his tenure.
Quote:So he got promoted to puppet.. That's all he's gonna be if Gus is gonna have his hand in on the defense next season..

If that's the case, Gus will sink or swim squarely on his ability to turn around the defense.
Should've fired Babich during the season and given Wash an on the job interview
The wait and see approach has never failed me.

Im thinking this means Gus is taking over the play calling
Boy Alfie is getting a real good stroke job from his fan boys right about now hahahahaha

Quote:If that's the case, Gus will sink or swim squarely on his ability to turn around the defense.

That's the way it's gonna be anyway..
Quote:That's the way it's gonna be anyway..

My point was that is no excuse for the players having a learn a new system or that they don't fit the scheme. This is Bradley's hand picked coach, this is Bradley's defense, and Bradley fixes or we move on.
Well, this is unfortunate.
Gus is a joke.
Quote:My point was that is no excuse for the players having a learn a new system or that they don't fit the scheme. This is Bradley's hand picked coach, this is Bradley's defense, and Bradley fixes or we move on.

Who says he's changing the scheme or system? He'll keep the same system, just make player changes. He promoted his boy because he was going to keep the same scheme anyway.. Why bring in a outside DC who wants change? Gus will most likely start packing his bags after next season's London game..
I'm going to be in the minority for this but I like the move. Gus will likely be heavily involved. No more scapegoats, time to prove it.
Another Boneheaded move my Gus. I'm sorry, I disagree with this move big time. Are you telling me that you couldn't find a coach more qualified. It feels like to me that he just settled cause he could not get anyone to take the job.
BREAKING NEWS: Jaguars name Gus Bradley defensive coordinator, promote Todd Wash to sock puppet

Quote:I'm going to be in the minority for this but I like the move. Gus will likely be heavily involved. No more scapegoats, time to prove it.

I agree,obviously Shwartz would have been a great signing but outside of that I think this is the best option.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12