Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Could be getting some firepower back for this Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

<strong>Ryan O'Halloran</strong>
<span>@ryanohalloran </span>

<div>Bortles threw during walk through.
</div>

John Oehser
<span>@JohnOehser </span>

<div>Jaguars LB Paul Posluszny won't practice today (ankle) but expects to play Sunday. Says he thought same last week but feels good today.
</div>

John Oehser

<span>@JohnOehser </span>

<div>Sen'Derrick Marks expects to go full go in practice in Wednesday. Calls today a game day situation for him.
</div>

Ryan O'Halloran
<span>@ryanohalloran </span>

<div>Denard practicing today.
</div>
If all 4 of those guys play we have a chance Sunday.  Some good news.....finally

Sweet. I was too worried about Blake, good to see Marks is going full. And DRob back would be huge. Especially if Yeldon isn't 100%
I'm really ready for Denard to come back, should spark the running game IMO.

we need to rest the following players:

Bortles

D Rob

Poz

we need to put the following player on IR:

Marks

time to start thinking about saving these guys for the next head coach to get some good use out of them

Still worried about the Oline.. Watt and Clowney... :pinch: Sounds like a good game to let Mr. Henne go under center while Blake heals that AC joint.

Quote:we need to rest the following players:

Bortles

D Rob

Poz

we need to put the following player on IR:

Marks

time to start thinking about saving these guys for the next head coach to get some good use out of them
Hi rocdee, glad to see you're still trollin it up, consider this a bite!  Feel better now?  Your getting attention, woo hoo, woo hoo!!!
Thats all good. Fantastic news really!

what has Clowney been doing this year?

Quote:what has Clowney been doing this year?

Dropping in coverage.
Quote:Still worried about the Oline.. Watt and Clowney... :pinch: Sounds like a good game to let Mr. Henne go under center while Blake heals that AC joint.
Not as worried about Clowney.  Not that I think he is incapable of rushing the passer.  Not that I think Joeckel will definitively shut him down.

But I see that they drop him into coverage quite a bit, which is stupid, IMO.
Anyone heard any news on House injury?

@knarn

EGGGGGGZACTLY. I'm not worried about Clowney

dude is on the road to bustdom

Quote:Not as worried about Clowney.  Not that I think he is incapable of rushing the passer.  Not that I think Joeckel will definitively shut him down.

But I see that they drop him into coverage quite a bit, which is stupid, IMO.
You know, #BecauseJaguars, Clowney gets his first sack this weekend.  Guaranteed.
Getting all these guys back would be nice. Wouldn't expect many impact plays from Marks, but he gets Alualu off the field
Thank ya lawd.

Clowney has played really well this season. He and JJ Watt are literally the only ones showing showing up for that defense.
Quote:Getting all these guys back would be nice. Wouldn't expect many impact plays from Marks, but he gets Alualu off the field
I know everyone's different but when we got Kampan coming off an ACL, he started bringing the heat preatty quickly after being cleared.  Of course he went on to tear the other one, but i'm cautiously hopeful Marks will get back to being impactful soon.  He'll probably be the best player on that line the first snap he takes regardless.

Where did last years pass rush go?
Quote:You know, #BecauseJaguars, Clowney gets his first sack this weekend.  Guaranteed.
The sad part is, there is zero way for any Jaguars fan to deny this likelihood.
Quote:The sad part is, there is zero way for any Jaguars fan to deny this likelihood.
Losing Linder was critical. Especially when we are about to play Watt.

Joeckel versus anyone athletic scares me, but especially Clowney.
Quote: 

Where did last years pass rush go?
Last years pass rush was a number of factors I think.

Some of which was the pressure Marks brought, allowing more action to come from outside.

The majority of our sacks were Marks himself.

But it was a pressure by numbers game and we had a few sacks from everyone and then 8+ from 2 guys, iirc.

Without Marks we've gotten zero pressure (plus windmill was out too)

Chris Smith has been inactive and Davis plays on limited snaps.

I think our Dline over-achieved last year and we really needed Fowler this season
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17