Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sullivan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
WR coach that is supposed to be so good. Really? What has he done with all the guys he has had since 2012. I see every year players running wrong routes. Dropping balls left and right. These are high draft picks who did not have this problem in college.

Why does he always get no heat?

I was thinking about this today. If hes gone too i wont be mad
I've said it in a few other threads, I think our biggest liability is our WR's. Don't seem to be getting sufficient separation it seems. I'm of course not an expert, but is route running the problem? The other biggest issue is of course the drops. They are just plain killers in every sense. Kind of with you on this one.

Because he benefited from coaching legit receivers in Fitzgerald and boldin. To be honest those guys never had issues they were just great to begin with. Clear the coaching staff. Get some innovative fresh offensive minds in there.

No no wait we have to wait and see if this coaching staff will finally get it next year. What a joke.
It is funny how fickle Jag fans can be.  When Fisch was fired, some here were actually suggesting they should just promote Sullivan to be the OC because he was such a legendary position coach.  Now it's his fault that what he's teaching on the practice field isn't sinking in with the players.

Quote:I've said it in a few other threads, I think our biggest liability is our WR's. Don't seem to be getting sufficient separation it seems. I'm of course not an expert, but is route running the problem? The other biggest issue is of course the drops. They are just plain killers in every sense. Kind of with you on this one.
It's the drops.  Can't coach catching the ball.  You either have that skill or you don't.  If you don't, you get moved to DB.  Which is why they aren't #1 receivers.  Still need to draft a #1 receiver, could have been Amari Cooper.
Quote:I see every year players running wrong routes.

Examples?
You bring up some valid points. He's been placed on a pedestal, but doesn't ever get any criticism. But I think what Gus said was accurate. If we played to our full potential, we would have won yesterday. But we didn't, so why? It's too early to tell, but man I wish we could see some wins; even ugly wins (like what Carolina received).....

GO JAGS! 

Quote:It is funny how fickle Jag fans can be. When Fisch was fired, some here were actually suggesting they should just promote Sullivan to be the OC because he was such a legendary position coach. Now it's his fault that what he's teaching on the practice field isn't sinking in with the players.

Hey folks let's take a look at apologist number 1 rights here. This is the guy that leads his band of blind followers to the cliff. If you can't see that this coaching staff is a hindrance to the development of the young talent you are plain stupid.
One of our starting wrs is a udfa. Most of his production came from busted coverage. Robinson seems to be overhyped. Lee cant stay healthy. Time to draft a bonafied wr
Quote:Hey folks let's take a look at apologist number 1 rights here. This is the guy that leads his band of blind followers to the cliff. If you can't see that this coaching staff is a hindrance to the development of the young talent you are plain stupid.
I love it.  Calling out the hypocrisy of some around here is now considered being an apologist.  That's how it works?  So, just because he's a great position coach means that the players should be expected to absorb his coaching genius and transfer that to the field without a struggle?  Is that how these things go in the NFL? 

Plain stupid?  Not really.  Just suffering from something you're clearly lacking.  Common sense.
Quote:One of our starting wrs is a udfa. Most of his production came from busted coverage. Robinson seems to be overhyped. Lee cant stay healthy. Time to draft a bonafied wr

All this tells me is that our gm is a problem too.
Quote:I love it. Calling out the hypocrisy of some around here is now considered being an apologist. That's how it works? So, just because he's a great position coach means that the players should be expected to absorb his coaching genius and transfer that to the field without a struggle? Is that how these things go in the NFL?

Plain stupid? Not really. Just suffering from something you're clearly lacking. Common sense.
Save it. Your full of it. Where's the improvement on the field when it counts? That's the bottom line. This team has no identity. They sold a load of crap buy stating we would be a running team then totally abandoned it and had an inaccurate qb throw 40 times. That's our coaching.
Quote:Examples?

I'd love to see these as well.  Clearly some fans around here have access to the playbook, and know the plays being called.
how do you teach a guy to catch a ball?

Quote:Save it. Your full of it. Where's the improvement on the field when it counts? That's the bottom line. This team has no identity. They sold a load of crap buy stating we would be a running team then totally abandoned it and had an inaccurate qb throw 40 times. That's our coaching.
Week one.  If you're premature about these types of  things in your real life with your reactions, I'm laying odds you've probably had trouble keeping a relationship going.

Quote:how do you teach a guy to catch a ball?
Well, isn't that the responsibility of the position coach? 
Sullivan can only do so much. It isnt his fault air robinson cant catch easy balls on the sideline.
Quote:Well, isn't that the responsibility of the position coach? 

"put your hands up like this.  alright, go get em boys."
Quote:"put your hands up like this.  alright, go get em boys."

Well, if that's all the instruction they get, and they're not taught to bring their hands together at some point, it's no wonder we're dropping so many passes.  It's time to fire everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8