Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pros and Cons of firing Gus Bradley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Its easy to say "you're fired" but let's take an critical look at how effective it would be to start anew.

Pros:

•Injecting new blood in a stale product

•Could potentially be an improvement

•Tangible proof Khan is serious about building a winning product

Cons:

•Could potentially be a step back or even get worse (see Mularkey)

•May lead to another long rebuild

•Philosophy and scheme changes could lead to a major shift in current personnel

•It could set back Bortles development even further

•May lead to full cleaning of house from Caldwell to our esteemed WR's coach

Feel free to add your own.

If Bradley is no good it will eventually lead to his undoing anyway but before we throw the baby out with the bath water these are some things to consider.
Fail to see how we would step back....

Babich is calling defensive plays. Marrone may play a bigger role in the offense, which wouldnt be a bad thing.
Quote:Fail to see how we would step back....

Babich is calling defensive plays. Marrone may play a bigger role in the offense, which wouldnt be a bad thing.

Did we get better when we fired Tom Coughlin for JDR? How about from JDR to Mularkey? Taking a step back is a real possibility.
I don't know, but I'm about ready to invest into black powder (calm down jfc) cause of all the blowing up.. Might as well make some money while watching this team Implode over and over..
It is only one game into the season the team is ranked #5th overall in Defense after that one game 3rd against the Pass despite playing Cam Newton.  The team basically contained TE Olson, and giant contract MLB Kuechely was a non-factor to the Offense for the most part.

The stats were even in passing & rushing yards between the two teams.  It was the Offensive turnovers; fumble & 2 INTS (lack of poss), and 3 punts that caused the team to lose.  Basically Borltes played bad, but hopefully he'll get it together next week.

It doesn't matter what the Pros and Cons are with firing Bradley, if this team continues its woes like this for another 4-5 weeks, he HAS to go, period.  There is no "pros" to keep him longer at that point.

Quote:Did we get better when we fired Tom Coughlin for JDR? How about from JDR to Mularkey? Taking a step back is a real possibility.
I mean, really...how much far back can you go from this?
Pros:

+Could lead to actually having some fabled Half-Time Adjustments

+Retaining Gus could further hinder the development of Bortles

+Could bring in a better OC than Greg Olsen.

+Could lead to better development of players

Cons:

-Good coaches might not want to come to Jacksonville because of our track record

-Khan could hire someone worse

-New Coach may want their own QB, meaning we have to spend ANOTHER first round pick at QB already (though if Bortles isn't the answer, we're going to have to eventually)

I don't want to fire anyone right now. I'm honestly terrified of it being the wrong decision and it setting us back even more. Need to see more games to make a decision, but its too early to go crazy and fire the man. He has done a poor job so far, though. Today he made crucial mistakes. 

Quote:Its easy to say "you're fired" but let's take an critical look at how effective it would be to start anew.

Pros:

•Injecting new blood in a stale product

•Could potentially be an improvement

•Tangible proof Khan is serious about building a winning product

Cons:

•Could potentially be a step back or even get worse (see Mularkey)

•May lead to another long rebuild

•Philosophy and scheme changes could lead to a major shift in current personnel

•It could set back Bortles development even further

•May lead to full cleaning of house from Caldwell to our esteemed WR's coach

Feel free to add your own.

If Bradley is no good it will eventually lead to his undoing anyway but before we throw the baby out with the bath water these are some things to consider.

Do you honestly trust them to start over and be better in any amt of time that is going to be acceptable by most fans?

I think the best chance is to let it ride... i mean lets have these kinds of talks around week 10 not during week 1.... it wasnt that bad of a lost to warrant that kind of threads honestly...
I'm not firing anyone till I see this team  with Thomas and Lee and Marks back. Kind of hard to judge this team when your best weapon on offense is injured.

Quote:I'm not firing anyone till I see this team with Thomas and Lee and Marks back. Kind of hard to judge this team when your best weapon on offense is injured.

That's very rationale of you. Nice to see that amongst the sea of torches and pitchforks.
Quote:That's very rationale of you. Nice to see that amongst the sea of torches and pitchforks.

Dude, my pitchfork has rust on it.. I'm ready to give someone some damn tetanus..
Quote:That's very rationale of you. Nice to see that amongst the sea of torches and pitchforks.
Something most of this forum does not have. 
Quote:Something most of this forum does not have.

Agreed.
firing a coach mid season is pointless

if we hire jeff fisher this team would start winning. look at rams they beat seahawks yesteday who have been in last 2 super bowls. if only we could get a winning HC like him again. we would be 1-0 right now if jeff fisher was our HC.

Quote:Did we get better when we fired Tom Coughlin for JDR? How about from JDR to Mularkey? Taking a step back is a real possibility.

Taking a step back from a regime that's 7-26 is nearly impossible
Quote:Taking a step back from a regime that's 7-26 is nearly impossible

</thread>

Take a step back? How?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13