Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: BLM again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I agreed with the original premise of the Black Lives Matter movement, but it has morphed into a twisted, racial entity. It is words and leadership like this attached to the BLM that gives it zero credibility. 

Apparently being white is a genetic defect:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/13418/blm-...gn=dwbrand

And once again, whitey needs to parish, especially if a male white:

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/05/bla...-firestorm

BLM is a black version of the white neo nazi movement.  Both are beyond horrific. 

Quote:BLM is a black version of the white neo nazi movement.  Both are beyond horrific. 

The difference is that BLM is "accepted" in today's society.
Quote:The difference is that BLM is "accepted" in today's society.

That's the tragic reality.  
The leader saying these things sounds like the Alt Right wacko, but in reverse. They both need to go away.

Wow. And if the KKK came out and said this stuff there would be rioting in the streets. 

Quote:Wow. And if the KKK came out and said this stuff there would be rioting in the streets. 

Exactly.  One form of evil is acceptable in society,  the other isn't.   Neither should be. 
Quote:  Exactly.  One form of evil is acceptable in society,  the other isn't.   Neither should be. 
As the days tick by, it is certainly hard to argue that BLM has a constructive place in society. I've heard enough and seen enough to remove all doubt that they are just another racist entity parading as an uplifting movement against racial disparity.
They do seem to be the white supremacist mirror image. They would be treated like the same.
Quote:As the days tick by, it is certainly hard to argue that BLM has a constructive place in society. I've heard enough and seen enough to remove all doubt that they are just another racist entity parading as an uplifting movement against racial disparity.

Agreed. 

It sure feels like BLM is much more along the lines of the Black Panthers than they are an organization that would provide beneficial change for Black Americans and all Americans.  The same regarding Canada,  as evidenced by the article you posted at the beginning of the thread. 
Quote:The difference is that BLM is "accepted" in today's society.

Just like the KKK, BLM is only accepted by the racists.
Quote:They do seem to be the white supremacist mirror image. They would be treated like the same.

Except they aren't.  The MSM and many liberals seem to think that BLM is a good thing.
The Donald will round them up and toss them over the wall.
Invited to Obama's white house twice. Advisory role in the Clinton campaign... Wow.
I support the idea behind BLM, I don't support the radical elements which is inherent in any group.
This is in Toronto...
Quote:I support the idea behind BLM, I don't support the radical elements which is inherent in any group.

Any rational person would support the original idea. Sadly it is being overshadowed and hijacked by the radical element with the original message being twisted and lost. It happens with every group of people. The media doesn't help by making them 'newsworthy' further twisting the message.
Quote:Any rational person would support the original idea. Sadly it is being overshadowed and hijacked by the radical element with the original message being twisted and lost. It happens with every group of people. The media doesn't help by making them 'newsworthy' further twisting the message.

Let me ask you something...how often have you heard about BLM members doing something good for blacks or society in general? Would the media report on a food drive, donation event, community empowerment event, youth outreach, events with local churches? Would it even be newsworthy? If you are not black, or don't keep up with black issues or BLM you probably wouldn't hear about the things I just outlined. 
That article makes me lose faith in humanity. The melanin talk is hilarious.
Quote:Let me ask you something...how often have you heard about BLM members doing something good for blacks or society in general? Would the media report on a food drive, donation event, community empowerment event, youth outreach, events with local churches? Would it even be newsworthy? If you are not black, or don't keep up with black issues or BLM you probably wouldn't hear about the things I just outlined.

That is a very good point. Where are these good things happening? If there are good things happening then why aren't those members in leadership positions getting the information out instead of making themselves and the "movement" look ignorant and dumpster worthy? You would think with how fast news travels on social media there would be a glimpse of something positive. Something on a grand scale, not just cousin Terrance, who says he is affiliated with BLM, giving away a few ice creams. Scholarships, housing projects, community center building, community outreach, etc. Seems to be some reason BLM hasn't been connected to a legitimate civic leader or a vocal part of local government.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11