Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles: 2019 starter? (merged)

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 09:51 AM by imtheblkranger.)

2 hours....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We also traded for Kessler right? we lost a 5th (Hyde) and 6th for Kessler? lol

(03-11-2019, 08:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 09:45 PM)lastonealive Wrote: That was always the best option but unfortunately the baying mob has spoken. I assume they have tossed their kessler jerseys at this point.

If we sign Foles and don't draft a QB high there's a high likelyhood of disaster.
Still don't understand why Kessler should have started? Kessler sucks and so does Blake. Easy.

You were all saying bortles was so bad that anyone was an upgrade. You were wrong.

So, Blake is expected to be released once Foles signs. Shall we dish out the Avi’s now or wait until Wednesday?

(03-11-2019, 05:38 PM)Jags Wrote: So, Blake is expected to be released once Foles signs.  Shall we dish out the Avi’s now or wait until Wednesday?
Shhhhhh...he ain't even packed yet!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-11-2019, 04:33 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Still don't understand why Kessler should have started? Kessler sucks and so does Blake. Easy.

You were all saying bortles was so bad that anyone was an upgrade. You were wrong.
Still don’t understand I see.

It wasn’t that Kessler was an upgrade but that he was an unknown. Maybe he would have been better or maybe not.

(03-11-2019, 05:45 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:38 PM)Jags Wrote: So, Blake is expected to be released once Foles signs.  Shall we dish out the Avi’s now or wait until Wednesday?
Shhhhhh...he ain't even packed yet!

Lol,  I can understand you’re holding onto that itsy bitsy teeny weeny last thread.  But, you my friend will be rocking the flaming tack avi.

Hi, Jaguars fans. If BB is released, would Cody Kessler still be the backup QB for Nick Foles in 2019?

(03-11-2019, 06:04 PM)AmeliaFL Wrote: Hi, Jaguars fans.   If BB is released, would Cody Kessler still be the backup QB for Nick Foles in 2019?

I’m gonna say, no.

(03-11-2019, 06:04 PM)AmeliaFL Wrote: Hi, Jaguars fans.   If BB is released, would Cody Kessler still be the backup QB for Nick Foles in 2019?

Doubtful.
He was terrible. 

I'd go with a 4th round value pick, plus Tanner Lee in camp and hope one of them can win the #2 QB spot. Add a cheap vet after August cuts if the young guys aren't looking ready. 

(I'd also be into a Grier pick earlier (second or third) because I'm of the increasingly unpopular opinion he's going to be a good NFL quarterback.)

(03-11-2019, 06:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Doubtful.
He was terrible. 

I'd go with a 4th round value pick, plus Tanner Lee in camp and hope one of them can win the #2 QB spot. Add a cheap vet after August cuts if the young guys aren't looking ready. 

(I'd also be into a Grier pick earlier (second or third) because I'm of the increasingly unpopular opinion he's going to be a good NFL quarterback.)
I too, would not mind a qb pick later this year.  I doubt they do it, but I’d be for it.  Plus that one dude they signed not too long ago.  I don’t remember his name.

(03-11-2019, 05:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 04:33 PM)lastonealive Wrote: You were all saying bortles was so bad that anyone was an upgrade. You were wrong.
Still don’t understand I see.

It wasn’t that Kessler was an upgrade but that he was an unknown. Maybe he would have been better or maybe not.

He could also throw a spiral and that's what we needed iirc
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(03-11-2019, 05:54 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:45 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Shhhhhh...he ain't even packed yet!

Lol,  I can understand you’re holding onto that itsy bitsy teeny weeny last thread.  But, you my friend will be rocking the flaming tack avi.

Sure am!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 09:37 PM by B2hibry.)

Good lord, I hope not!

(03-11-2019, 05:54 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:45 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Shhhhhh...he ain't even packed yet!

Lol,  I can understand you’re holding onto that itsy bitsy teeny weeny last thread.  But, you my friend will be rocking the flaming tack avi.

Holding on with every fiber of my broken soul!

Bump!!!!!

Wagers to be settled.

See avatar...Ouch! Angry

(03-13-2019, 10:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bump!!!!!

Wagers to be settled.

[Image: SlushyWarpedAsiaticmouflon-size_restricted.gif]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Ugh. Someone PM me the avatar file and I'll switch it over....

(01-19-2019, 09:41 AM)B2hibry Wrote: So those who want to hop on this avatar bet speak up and say which you support....

1.) Blake will be on the starting 2019 roster through game #1. ( Loser must have grinning Blake avatar for entire season)

2.) Blake is released in the offseason and/or not on starting 2019 roster through game #1. ( Loser must have flaming titan avatar for entire seasonn)

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/heC5whC...007794.jpg

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/9769ebe...ans-08.jpg

Here's a link to that image plus a couple of other stupid thumbtack images for all you wager losers:

http://pichost.org/images/2019/03/14/Scr...1.16AM.png

http://pichost.org/images/2019/03/14/Scr...2.54AM.png

http://pichost.org/images/2019/03/14/Scr...3.38AM.png

(03-13-2019, 10:28 PM)B2hibry Wrote: See avatar...Ouch! Angry

Awesome.

Your reputation enjoys a bounce.