Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blast from the past forum game

There are 370 pages currently of threads in this forum with posts dating back to 2013. I’ve been having some fun lately going through some of these old threads and reading posts from yesteryear. It’s quite funny seeing old post about players we should draft or directions the team should go and now looking back thinking...YIKES! 

The NFL is a weird and crazy place where a player can be amazing in college and complete garbage in the pros..Or a disaster on one team and phenomenal on another. None of us can clearly predict the future. There are just so many moving pieces right. So let’s have some fun!

Anyway the rules of this game. 
  • Pick a past post and quote it here. Could be something funny, or a prediction..anything
  • Nothing inflammatory or derogatory.
  • Nothing from Guest or banned accounts. 
  • This is all for good fun. Let’s not be jerks. We can’t all be right all the time. Keep it lighthearted. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-01-2013, 07:40 PM)Jinjo Wrote:
Quote:Granted, this team is not good but it's stupid to say "I see a lot of people upset about this season on here but I think it's a good thing" when you are promoting a losing mentality as the OP says. I can't tell you what it takes to win now, I can only tell you it's not a good thing EVER to want to lose.

The best teams are built through the entire draft. We have twice picked a QB in the top 10 over the last 10 years and it's been a failure. Drafting again in the top 10 ought to be evidence that it's not guaranteed. The coaches know this, the fan base does not.

Regards..........................the Chiefjag

Teddy Bridgewater is the closest thing to a guarentee you can get. Which is why everyone wants to be drafting first. Wouldnt you have rather lost 2 games against the colts in 2011 so we could have had Luck instead of them?

From 10-01-2013- Bridgewater is a guarantee. Smile

Another beauty from 10-2013

(10-07-2013, 09:21 AM)MoJo44 Wrote: Yeah, Blackmon is going to be a STAR in this league once we draft Teddy.  Might take a minute for them to gel, but the potential there is enormous.

Johnny Manziel is the only hope...
(09-29-2013, 05:52 PM)MittRomney08 Wrote: Draft Johnny Manziel.   Only hope.

(05-09-2014, 02:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't think its the pick that people are upset about, but mostly the immediate announcement that he will sit for a year. It is a tough pill to swallow when you are told your #3 pick won't see the field when guys like Watkins and Mack will probably have big impacts on their teams immediately. Its a tough pill, but it's typically the nature of the position.

05-09-2014: Letting Bortles sit a year..tough pill to swallow.  Banana

This thread requires research (work). I’m too lazy.

This thread prior to the 2017 draft (when Mahomes was drafted) contains seven posters listing players they want in the first round and then saying they don't want ANY QB in that first round.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...=1st+round

(04-28-2016, 11:31 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: We prob wont take him at 5, but in 3 years VH3 will be looked at as the best 1st round pick in this draft 

Oh boy.... this is also relevant.

(11-14-2019, 10:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This thread prior to the 2017 draft (when Mahomes was drafted) contains seven posters listing players they want in the first round and then saying they don't want ANY QB in that first round.

So glad I dodged this thread lol

There are a few "don't want Watsons" that are laughable now (I would have been in the group admittedly)

Someone said Mixon was the 2nd best RB in that class.... looking back, he's 4th probably. CMC, Cook, LF

Someone else said don't want to lattimore, hooker, and cook

This is fun.

(11-14-2019, 11:48 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 10:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This thread prior to the 2017 draft (when Mahomes was drafted) contains seven posters listing players they want in the first round and then saying they don't want ANY QB in that first round.

So glad I dodged this thread lol

There are a few "don't want Watsons" that are laughable now (I would have been in the group admittedly)

Someone said Mixon was the 2nd best RB in that class.... looking back, he's 4th probably. CMC, Cook, LF

This is fun.
Talent wise, Mixon is an absolute unit. He's just stuck on the worst team in football. I think if Mixon was on the Vikings, you would be able to see his full talent on display.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 12:06 PM by Kane.)

(04-17-2018, 11:45 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: If we go WR it should be Anthony Miller. He's going to be a star.

Here's a solid one.

(11-14-2019, 12:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 11:48 AM)Kane Wrote: So glad I dodged this thread lol

This is fun.
Talent wise, Mixon is an absolute unit. He's just stuck on the worst team in football. I think if Mixon was on the Vikings, you would be able to see his full talent on display.

Nah he's talented. But Cook and CMC are special.
Mixon showed better last year when Bungles were better but he isn't a special back.

Also... Kamara and Hunt from the same draft. Mixon isn't better than them imo.
James Connor is pretty good too.
I'd still slot Mixon 4th or 5th though with hindsight.

After picking Bortles in the draft..

(05-09-2014, 08:53 AM)haveaseat Wrote: I gotta feeling we won't have to worry about QB for years to come.

How to win in 2013..Not much changed..

(10-06-2013, 09:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I would spike the opposing team's water supply with a laxative.

We just need to run the ball with Fornette..uhh MJD..

Quote:NYC4jags 
A glance at the remaining games on the schedule and their corresponding defensive rankings reveals that the majority  (8 of 10) of the Jags upcoming opponents all rank somewhere between 17th and 31st in defending the run.

With the likely return of Marcedes Lewis, the O-Line showing flashes of capable run blocking, MJD showing around 75% of his old burst the past 2 weeks , and Justin Blackmon drawing safeties out of the box  - the pieces may be finally falling into place for the Jags to achieve balance with their offensive play calling.

There's no denying that inability to establish the run early (or at all) has hobbled the offense in a number of games thus far.  Playing from behind has also forced the team to lean on the pass too often as well.  That said - the Jags seem to have a great opportunity to improve their offense through the run game in the coming weeks.  The Jags have averaged around 60 yards a game on the ground and it's time to climb out of the cellar and run. 

Leader of men....

(10-14-2013, 10:29 AM)jagforlife85 Wrote: Gus Bradley is a leader of men and a motivator, he was never the issue.

(01-22-2018, 05:12 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: I think Blake will begin to blossom into a top 10 qb and start carrying this team. We have the pieces to make a run for a while

I couldn't find it, but I remember a few people saying that Watt wasn't anything special after his rookie season.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 12:42 PM by The Real Marty.)

(11-14-2019, 08:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This thread requires research (work). I’m too lazy.

^

We have Robinson...we have Lee...we have Bortles..We have Gus.. 2014 is the year boys! Super bowl!
(05-27-2014, 05:35 AM)Jax Jag Wrote: After a 4-12, Im as excited as I've ever been for the upcoming season. Our wide receivers are Cecil Shorts, Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Ace Sanders, and Mike Brown! Do you guys remember the days of Jason Hill being our #1 receiver with Mike Thomas on the opposite side? Even without Justin Blackmon, we've got a formidable group. Blake Bortles, the antitheses of Blaine Gabbert, was considered as the best QB in this year's draft by many teams including the team with the first pick. Toby Gerhart to be our horse and Storm Johnson look like they're ready to make everyone forget about, with all respect to his accomplishments, Maurice Jones-Drew. Cyprien entering his second year, flying around making hits. I don't want to temper my excitement or be optimistically cautious. How can I be? Gus Bradley is our head coach! Dave Caldwell is building this thing from the ground up and after two years has put talent on the field that feels like the mid 2000s. Khan just "built" the world's largest scoreboards and that takes a backseat to everything we've done in the offseason! 

I know that even 6 wins this year will be a tall task, but this ride feels awfully special 

We got em guys!
(05-27-2014, 02:32 PM)Josh Stewart Wrote: 5th-round draft pick RT @ryanohalloran: #jaguars sign LB Telvin Smith

Bortles is special...

(08-22-2014, 08:58 PM)rocdee Wrote: this guy has special qualities

nothing seems too big for him

On hiring Marrone as OL coach...classic response..

(01-20-2015, 08:25 PM)Dakota Wrote: Any poll without corn as an option is meaningless.

(03-11-2014, 11:46 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Really liked him coming out of Stanford...took a few extra years but, we got him. Dude is a beast.

Found a hot take of my own, regarding Gerhart. This aged well.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(11-14-2019, 12:43 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 11:46 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Really liked him coming out of Stanford...took a few extra years but, we got him. Dude is a beast.

Found a hot take of my own, regarding Gerhart. This aged well.

Kudos to you for digging up your own dirt.

I thought about bringing up some of my defend Bortles stuff.
But it would be too painful and embarassing.

(11-14-2019, 12:52 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 12:43 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Found a hot take of my own, regarding Gerhart. This aged well.

Kudos to you for digging up your own dirt.

I think that’s the fun in all of this. None of us know [BLEEP] will happen. Bortles on paper could have been the guy. I still think if we had a decent O-line and he had the time to develop right, he would have been better. He had the heart for sure. 

This board is a big ole opinion dump...share enough opinions you’re bound to be wrong at some point. Only thing you can do is laugh about it.

(11-14-2019, 01:01 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 12:52 PM)Kane Wrote: Kudos to you for digging up your own dirt.

I think that’s the fun in all of this. None of us know [BLEEP] will happen. Bortles on paper could have been the guy. I still think if we had a decent O-line and he had the time to develop right, he would have been better. He had the heart for sure. 

This board is a big ole opinion dump...share enough opinions you’re bound to be wrong at some point. Only thing you can do is laugh about it.

Indeed. I went through some draft threads...

a lot of people super high on Mason Rudolph, many of us had him higher than Jackson.
You could really get a lot of gems digging through old threads from a couple years past.

Wonder what hot takes we could dig up from 2010 lol (the Tebow draft)

(10-16-2013, 11:01 PM)KYjaggy Wrote:
Quote:I would take him over Mariota who I feel is more flash then anything, Hundley is a legit QB.
You are in the very small minority.

I'll play. Here's one for Brett Hundley over Mariota with the immortal KY Jelly I mean Jaggy refuting it.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile