Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars coaching candidates? (merged coaching threads)

(01-14-2021, 03:46 PM)FBT Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 03:44 PM)D6 Wrote: One possibility that comes to mind is Brayden Coombs as Special Teams Coordinator. He was the Lions STC in 2020 until after the Dec. 20 loss at Tennessee, when he went rogue with a Fake Punt call. Coombs did a very good overall job with the Lions Special Teams in 2020 and was praised by many players for his overall work. Because his father, Kerry Coombs coached under Urban Meyer with Ohio St.,  I think that Meyer will be comfortable bringing Brayden Coombs to his staff. A young coach with risk but a huge upside.  

It wouldn't surprise me to see them retain DeCamillis.  Keenan McCardell might find a landing spot on Urban's staff as well.

Both are good Coaches. It would make sense to retain both of them if they are on the same page as Urban Meyer.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anyone worried that Urban will pick Fields over Lawrence?

(01-14-2021, 03:57 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Anyone worried that Urban will pick Fields over Lawrence?

Not really

(01-14-2021, 03:57 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Anyone worried that Urban will pick Fields over Lawrence?

This article is from earlier today:

Before the season, Urban Meyer ranked Trevor Lawrence ahead of Justin Fields

Before the season, Urban Meyer ranked Trevor Lawrence ahead of Justin Fields - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

Not in the least. Meyer has already sung the praises of Lawrence.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Not one bit.

(01-14-2021, 03:46 PM)FBT Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 03:44 PM)D6 Wrote: One possibility that comes to mind is Brayden Coombs as Special Teams Coordinator. He was the Lions STC in 2020 until after the Dec. 20 loss at Tennessee, when he went rogue with a Fake Punt call. Coombs did a very good overall job with the Lions Special Teams in 2020 and was praised by many players for his overall work. Because his father, Kerry Coombs coached under Urban Meyer with Ohio St.,  I think that Meyer will be comfortable bringing Brayden Coombs to his staff. A young coach with risk but a huge upside.  

It wouldn't surprise me to see them retain DeCamillis.  Keenan McCardell might find a landing spot on Urban's staff as well.

I’ve read that it’s highly unlikely that i Urban retains any of the current staff. I hope for the sake of thunder, that that’s not true. I think he is a special WR coach.

I feel like Urban has to say that being a Ohio State guy.

However If you are going to pick fields then you trade the pick to someone who really wants Lawrence.

Okay then.

Urban is one serious question mark for me even though I'm on board. His coaching staff must be of NFL caliber experience since he has none. Will he be able to motivate/communicate w/grown @$$ Men? Through our undoubted rocky start, will he tuck his tail and run?

PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG. I need to taste that Lemon Pepper Crow.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

So has it happened? I saw the other thread on positives. I dont know about it honestly. This is probably the end of the line of Jacksonville as an NFL town. I sure hope it is the right thing.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Why?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 07:56 PM by Ordar.)

He’s renowned for assembling great staff. I personally have zero worries about that

And we will not pick ANYONE but Lawrence

(01-14-2021, 07:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Why?

I think people get caught up in the Ohio State connection. I know I did initially, I actually asked the same concern. But admittedly, I dont follow college ball too closely. And if you go on social media, you'll see a ton of that same thought. 

Obviously after some research on everything it's clear he's all in on Lawrence, but I understand people asking the question initially.

Saleh to the Jets

Not at all.  First, Fields wasn't even at Ohio State until after Urban left.  Second, even if he had been, so what?  Meyer isn't an idiot.  He's going to take the far better quarterback.

I don't understand why people are concerned about this.

(01-14-2021, 11:40 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

Not at all.  First, Fields wasn't even at Ohio State until after Urban left.  Second, even if he had been, so what?  Meyer isn't an idiot.  He's going to take the far better quarterback.

I don't understand why people are concerned about this.

If Fields didn't play for Ohio State, no one would even be suggesting this.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-29-2020, 10:39 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 10:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: But this isn't a coach from the tree, this is the tree itself.  And when coaches leave there and fail, what does that tell you? > That it wasn't the assistant coaches that were responsible for the success, it was the head coach.

Also, Flores is doing pretty good

(12-30-2020, 03:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Urban would be a very boom or bust head coach signing.  Would much rather a guy like Daboll

(01-05-2021, 04:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Daboll still for me

(01-05-2021, 03:53 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I’d take Belichick at HC

Bienemy at OC

Wade Phillips or Romeo Crenell at DC

Not true at all, it took both of them for that dynasty to work.

Sure, Brady is still doing well. But he’s not excelling. He’s on a loaded team and only managed to go 11-5. He won’t go to the super bowl and will probably be 1 and done in the playoffs. 

Impossible to win in this league with no talent and no QB, which is what Belichick has right now.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1346252833125969924?s=19

You try to hard dumb [BLEEP] lol

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2021, 03:20 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-05-2021, 10:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 10:39 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Also, Flores is doing pretty good

(12-30-2020, 03:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Urban would be a very boom or bust head coach signing.  Would much rather a guy like Daboll

(01-05-2021, 04:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Daboll still for me

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1346252833125969924?s=19

You try to hard dumb [BLEEP] lol

And the other post doesn't exist right? hahaha you are hilarious. 

Brady was your guy I bet I can more posts about it but nah, I already proved he was your guy.

Tell me once more how Chase Young is much better than Garrett  Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23