Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2016 Presidential Candidates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
So with the addition of yet another Republican candidate for President today, I thought that we might start a discussion regarding who might be a good fit, and who would not.  I'll try to keep this post updated as more candidates "throw their hat into the ring".  I'll make a separate post with my thoughts regarding each candidate.  Feel free to add your own.  Please refrain from personal insults towards any candidate that you may not like, and please try to stick with facts.

Democrat Candidates that have announced.

Hillary Clinton

Bernie Sanders

Martin O'Malley

Lincoln Chafee

Jim Webb

Republican Candidates that have announced.

Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Carly Fiorina
Mike Huckabee
George Pataki
Rand Paul
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
Rick Perry

Donald Trump
Bobby Jindal
Chris Christie
Scott Walker

John Kasich

<div>Other candidates

Mark Everson - former Commissioner of Internal Revenue, former President of the American Red Cross from Mississippi.
Jack Fellure - retired engineer from West Virginia; 2012 Prohibition Party presidential nominee.

Independent and third party candidates
</div>

Roseanne Barr - entertainer from Hawaii, Peace and Freedom Party.
Zoltan Istvan - futurist, writer, transhumanist philosopher from California; founder of the Transhumanist Party.
Terry Jones, pastor for Dove World Outreach Center from Florida; presidential candidate in 2012, independent candidate.
Juaquin James Malphurs (Waka Flocka Flame) - rap artist from Georgia (Constitutionally ineligible – under age 35).
Vermin Supreme - performance artist and perennial candidate from Massachusetts
I think Rand Paul is going to find it difficult facing off with the establishment of the Republican Party.  He'll toe the line more than his father ever did, but I think it's going to be hard for him to get the nomination.  I don't think that the Republican Party's nominee has announced their candidacy yet.

Really like Bernie Sanders, but also know he stands no shot at it because he's too 'progressive'.  I think it's Hillary's nomination to lose.

Quote:I think Rand Paul is going to find it difficult facing off with the establishment of the Republican Party.  He'll toe the line more than his father ever did, but I think it's going to be hard for him to get the nomination.  I don't think that the Republican Party's nominee has announced their candidacy yet.

Really like Bernie Sanders, but also know he stands no shot at it because he's too 'progressive'.  I think it's Hillary's nomination to lose.
Unfortunately.

Rand is only current conservative I kind of like right now. I liked his dad much more though. I agree with you he's going to have a hard time in the race to the right
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Democrat Candidates that have announced.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Hillary Clinton - Way too corrupt and fake for me.  Basically just "in it for the money" and is a "career politician".  No major accomplishments other than being voted into the Senate (where she did nothing) and being appointed as Secretary of State (where she failed miserably).

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bernie Sanders - Way too far left for me.  About the only thing that he has "accomplished" is his work for veterans.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Republican Candidates that have announced.

Ben Carson - Very intelligent and very well spoken.  I'm not particularly fond of his ideas regarding marriage and homosexuality.  I also don't necessarily agree with his views on marijuana and gun control.

Ted Cruz - I agree with his stance regarding most things, but honestly I haven't heard enough of his speeches.

Carly Fiorina - Very intelligent and very well spoken.  I like how she contrasts Hillary Clinton.  That being said, I don't know enough about her policy regarding national security.

Mike Huckabee - I like most of his message, but he needs to leave his religion personal (though I agree with him).  His personal religious values should not be a matter of national policy.

George Pataki - I saw part of his speech today, and really liked much of what he had to say.  I need to research him further.

Rand Paul - I agree with most of his policies, but he seems to be a bit "too right wing" on some issues.

Marco Rubio - He is pretty much my favorite right now.  He has a history of "common sense" politics and is willing to "reach across the aisle" to get things done.

Rick Santorum - While I agree with most of his policies, he strikes me as a younger "establishment" type of politician.
Rand is the only republican ill vote for otherwise I'm probably going third party

Cruz or Rubio could possibly sway me but there's plenty I dislike about both of them.
Quote:Rand is the only republican ill vote for otherwise I'm probably going third party

Cruz or Rubio could possibly sway me but there's plenty I dislike about both of them.

Care to elaborate on your position?
Quote:Rand is the only republican ill vote for otherwise I'm probably going third party

I really like how Rand called out the hawks in generally but specifically in his own party for the creation of ISIS and destabilizing of the whole region. Honestly, if it was him vs Hilary right now, he'd get my vote I think. 
The following candidates would get me to vote for Hillary: (rather than Green Party)

Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum

Maybe Marco Rubio.  Would have to hear more about his positions tbh.
Quote: 

The following candidates would get me to vote for Hillary: (rather than Green Party)

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum

</div>

Rubio is just a puppet for billionaires like Norman Braman, Larry Ellison and Jose Fanjul.
Quote:Rubio is just a puppet for billionaires like Norman Braman, Larry Ellison and Jose Fanjul.
There are maybe two people running right now that are not puppets, to some effect, to billionaires. 
Quote: 

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum

</div>

This is a great example of one's trash is another's treasure.   These are my 3 favorite candidates,   with Ted Cruz clearly above the other two.
Quote:Care to elaborate on your position?

Rubio is weak on immigration and I disagree with both of them on foreign policy and pot legalization. Again I'm a libertarian Rand is the closest thing to a libertarian in the GOP right now.

If Cruz who I really think has no shot at the nomination is still standing I may have to put assist my differences with him on narcotic laws as he is in favor of reigning many parts of the federal government. Rubio I'm really not crazy about to me he's a Spanish Bush another big government republican but I'm willing to listen before writing him off. Santorum, Huckabee, Christie and Bush are all dead to me I'll stay home or go third party again.
Quote:Rubio is weak on immigration and I disagree with both of them on foreign policy and pot legalization. Again I'm a libertarian Rand is the closest thing to a libertarian in the GOP right now.

If Cruz who I really think has no shot at the nomination is still standing I may have to put assist my differences with him on narcotic laws as he is in favor of reigning many parts of the federal government. Rubio I'm really not crazy about to me he's a Spanish Bush another big government republican but I'm willing to listen before writing him off. Santorum, Huckabee, Christie and Bush are all dead to me I'll stay home or go third party again.

I'm a little stronger on Cruz, but all-in-all I agree with this.

We don't need another Bush or Clinton. This isn't a monarchy.

Quote:I'm a little stronger on Cruz, but all-in-all I agree with this.

We don't need another Bush or Clinton. This isn't a monarchy.

lol at the end of the day I still think it'll be Bush/Clinton
Quote:Rubio is weak on immigration and I disagree with both of them on foreign policy and pot legalization. Again I'm a libertarian Rand is the closest thing to a libertarian in the GOP right now.

I don't think that he is weak on immigration.  In fact, I thought that he did a great job reaching across party lines and coming up with a common sense solution to the immigration problem.  It was establishment people that shot it down.

What we need is a President that can unite this country once again rather than our current President who has managed to divide the country more than ever.
Quote: 

What we need is a President that can unite this country once again rather than our current President who has managed to divide the country more than ever.

How is the country any more divided than it was when he took over?
Quote: 

Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum

</div>

Quote: This is a great example of one's trash is another's treasure.   These are my 3 favorite candidates,   with Ted Cruz clearly above the other two.

The only one on that list that I'm not sure of is Ted Cruz.  I need to do more research on him.  Regarding the other two, as I stated before while I like their message, it seems to be too much religious/establishment kind of related for me.
Quote:How is the country any more divided than it was when he took over?

I believe that the country started getting divided during President Bush's second term, especially with the War on Terror and the campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan.  President Obama has done nothing but add to this divide by being weak on international policy and weak on economic policy.  Then take how he has "spoken out" regarding certain crimes here when it comes to social policy.  Saying that "police officers acted stupidly" before the facts were known or "if he had a son he would look like Trevon Martin".  Those kinds of things have done nothing but add "fuel to the fire" when it comes to how people react or engage with one another.  Take a look at the news headlines from Baltimore at the moment.
Quote:I believe that the country started getting divided during President Bush's second term, especially with the War on Terror and the campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan.  President Obama has done nothing but add to this divide by being weak on international policy and weak on economic policy.  Then take how he has "spoken out" regarding certain crimes here when it comes to social policy.  Saying that "police officers acted stupidly" before the facts were known or "if he had a son he would look like Trevon Martin".  Those kinds of things have done nothing but add "fuel to the fire" when it comes to how people react or engage with one another.  Take a look at the news headlines from Baltimore at the moment.
To me, it's the speaking out about the crimes and events of those crimes so fast and so frequently. It turned what already us vs them into us vs the prez.... 
Quote:Take a look at the news headlines from Baltimore at the moment.

Meaning what?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24