Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Baltimore Rioting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I'm not really sure about the case they dismissed today but this is ridiculous. It's not on the Ferguson scale yet but it's looking like Baltimore is going full on riot mode. No excuse for this, and it only justifies police militarization. Baltimore police should pull out and send in the National Guard.

Saw a pic on Reddit of what looked like a rioter attacking a guy with a knife. Poster said it was an actual protester that was being attacked. Stupid. 

Quote:Saw a pic on Reddit of what looked like a rioter attacking a guy with a knife. Poster said it was an actual protester that was being attacked. Stupid. 

They've completely skipped the "peaceful protesting", I don't usually watch cable news but I flipped to FOX and they've got it up plain as day protestors hurling rocks, wood, trash cans anything they can get there hands on at police.

This won't end well.

Well this doesn't help, apparently the preacher at the funeral chanted out "No Justice No Peace"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/violenc...ar-BBiK3jU

This is what the Black Mayor of Baltimore is doing right now  

The odd tactic of giving Baltimore protesters ‘space’ to destroy property

Sometimes a protest is just a riot camouflaged in self-righteousness. It might not start that way, and the actors might not think that it is. But nonetheless, sometimes it is.

http://fusion.net/story/126587/the-odd-t...-property/

The Mayor is an idiot, you can't appease anarchy it will consume the population.

CNN has a bunch of people trashing a cop car. Before that showed footage of a group of people throwing rocks at a cruiser that a cop was in and driving. Crazy

All this does is completely destroy the argument against a Militarized Police Force, thanks protesters you are the justification needed to treat police like a military outlet. SMH.....

Quote:All this does is completely destroy the argument against a Militarized Police Force, thanks protesters you are the justification needed to treat police like a military outlet. SMH.....
the bad always outweighs the good in events like this. 
Quote:This is what the Black Mayor of Baltimore is doing right now  

The odd tactic of giving Baltimore protesters ‘space’ to destroy property

Sometimes a protest is just a riot camouflaged in self-righteousness. It might not start that way, and the actors might not think that it is. But nonetheless, sometimes it is.

http://fusion.net/story/126587/the-odd-t...-property/

I didn't know the color of one's skin was important in being mayor.

Quote:I didn't know the color of one's skin was important in being mayor.
It's not important in any political position, but he's just trying to make the point that there's an undertone of racial bias in this situation.

Quote:All this does is completely destroy the argument against a Militarized Police Force, thanks protesters you are the justification needed to treat police like a military outlet. SMH.....
I agree that protesters shouldn't resort to violence, looting, and rioting.

But I'd say their main point isn't against police militarization, but police brutality.  Freddie Gray should not have ended up dead after being arrested for carrying a switchblade (or spring-assisted, it's unclear which) knife (which according to the police, was unbrandished) 

It's unfortunate that a few bad protesters can overshadow the message of a few good ones.  

Here's a sample of what's happening right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNh6N7U8...e=youtu.be

These aren't people, they are animals and they should be jailed and imprisoned like animals..
Quote:These aren't people, they are animals and they should be jailed and imprisoned like animals..
At least it's good to see people in this thread are reacting logically instead of immediately jumping to jingoistic vitriol.

Quote:It's not in important in any political position, but he's just trying to make the point that there's an undertone of racial bias in this situation.

No, it's a racial remark. Much like the people calling them animals. A man was killed in police custody and the officer responsible got a suspension. People are tired of police able to screw with them and nothing is done about it. This is not the way to go about it but it's happening. Too long have police been given broad discretion to harass citizens and people are tired of it.  
Quote:At least it's good to see people in this thread are reacting logically instead of immediately jumping to jingoistic vitriol.

I have eyes. I know what I see, and that's enough for me..
Quote:No, it's a racial remark. Much like the people calling them animals. A man was killed in police custody and the officer responsible got a suspension. People are tired of police able to screw with them and nothing is done about it. This is not the way to go about it but it's happening. Too long have police been given broad discretion to harass citizens and people are tired of it.  

Don't break the law and you won't get harrassed
Quote:I agree that protesters shouldn't resort to violence, looting, and rioting.

But I'd say their main point isn't against police militarization, but police brutality.  Freddie Gray should not have ended up dead after being arrested for carrying a switchblade (or spring-assisted, it's unclear which) knife (which according to the police, was unbrandished) 

It's unfortunate that a few bad protesters can overshadow the message of a few good ones.  

Did they even protest this time? All I've seen was riots from 3:00 on?

I'm sorry it goes from protesting to rioting you've lost all moral ground. Get the police out send in the National Guard, this can't happen every time there's a dispute between police and citizens. It's literally getting to the point, we don't like whatever judgment comes down we riot. That's what the preacher said at the funeral, No Justice No Peace.

Does anyone think a militarized police force is going to be less likely to commit brutality?
Quote:No, it's a racial remark. Much like the people calling them animals. A man was killed in police custody and the officer responsible got a suspension. People are tired of police able to screw with them and nothing is done about it. This is not the way to go about it but it's happening. Too long have police been given broad discretion to harass citizens and people are tired of it.  

[BLEEP], destroying private property has nothing to do with police brutality.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11