Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: No more excuses !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I love this article on jacksonville.com and i agree 100% with it.. check it out!!

http://m.jacksonville.com/sports/columni...#gsc.tab=0
Whatever.

I see zero startling revelations.
I agree with it 46%. It makes some wrong and foolish points.

If Bradley can't get this team to finish this season with atleast a 7-9 record or above with this upcoming schedule and roster, then he deserves to be fired. If we finish 2015 with another 4-12, or 5-11 record and Khan doesn't fire him, then there's going to be a lot of angry people on this board I can promise you that. I'm not saying this just to criticize Khan and Bradley; I'm simply stating the facts. Khan would literally be insane to keep any HC with a record like that over the course of three seasons and two massive overhauls with the roster.

Quote:If Bradley can't get this team to finish this season with atleast a 7-9 record or above with this upcoming schedule and roster, then he deserves to be fired. If we finish 2015 with another 4-12, or 5-11 record and Khan doesn't fire him, then there's going to be a lot of angry people on this board I can promise you that. I'm not saying this just to criticize Khan and Bradley; I'm simply stating the facts. Khan would literally be insane to keep any HC with a record like that over the course of three seasons and two massive overhauls with the roster.

So, business as usual.
Why did they hire Doug Marrone and Nathaniel Hackett? I thought it was no more ex-Cuses?

Quote:If Bradley can't get this team to finish this season with atleast a 7-9 record or above with this upcoming schedule and roster, then he deserves to be fired. If we finish 2015 with another 4-12, or 5-11 record and Khan doesn't fire him, then there's going to be a lot of angry people on this board I can promise you that. I'm not saying this just to criticize Khan and Bradley; I'm simply stating the facts. Khan would literally be insane to keep any HC with a record like that over the course of three seasons and two massive overhauls with the roster.

Kahn certainly doesn't want to upset the 14 people on this board who spend all day on it.
Quote:Why did they hire Doug Marrone and Nathaniel Hackett? I thought it was no more ex-Cuses?
SMH  

:no:
Way to go Gene with hard hitting insightful sports reporting.

HeadSlap

Quote:Why did they hire Doug Marrone and Nathaniel Hackett? I thought it was no more ex-Cuses?

Haha I'll give it to you... I laughed
Quote:I agree with it 46%. It makes some wrong and foolish points.
Like what?

Ha! Nice one!
Forget 7-9,  how about 2-2?  Or even simply 1-0..   We have got to stop being out of the playoffs by week 3.

Quote:Forget 7-9,  how about 2-2?  Or even simply 1-0..   We have got to stop being out of the playoffs by week 3.

I am interested in seeing the schedule when it is released.

The league has done the team no favors the last two years with the schedule.

4 of the first 6 games on the road each year.
Quote:Like what?
Comparing a project QB who was never expected by anyone to be ready to play in his rookie season to players who were expected to, and expecting them to start performing in the same year of their career is laughable at best.

Claiming that playing the AFC South makes for easy wins kind of goes against articles like this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ncy-period - in general, judging a schedule on the performance of teams last year is pretty weak.

That sort of thing.
Gene should consider changing his name to Captain Obvious.

Quote:Comparing a project QB who was never expected by anyone to be ready to play in his rookie season to players who were expected to, and expecting them to start performing in the same year of their career is laughable at best.

Claiming that playing the AFC South makes for easy wins kind of goes against articles like this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ncy-period - in general, judging a schedule on the performance of teams last year is pretty weak.

That sort of thing.
"Comparing a project QB who was never expected by anyone to be ready to play in his rookie season to players who were expected to, and expecting them to start performing in the same year of their career is laughable at best."

I just went back and re-read the article in question and I found no such allusion to what you're alleging! Two statements were made about Bortles in this article; he needs to not miss more than one or two games, and that we should start expecting to see something more from him in his second season if he's really an above average quarterback. That was it... 

Secondly, he plainly isn't saying that the AFC South is an 'easy' league; however, they have been for some years now been regarded as 'soft' when compared to other conferences. 

Are you referencing the same article as 'Yo Boy'?
Quote:I just went back and re-read the article in question and I found no such allusion to what you're alleging!
Here you go:

Quote:If Bortles is the long-term answer at quarterback, this is the time for him to ascend. It’s hard to find an above-average NFL quarterback who isn’t showing a lot of promise by his second year as a full-time starter.
Are the NFL QBs we're comparing him to here people who weren't supposed to start in their rookie season because they were widely seen as not ready for the NFL? I think not.

Quote:Secondly, he plainly isn't saying that the AFC South is an 'easy' league; however, they have been for some years now been regarded as 'soft' when compared to other conferences.
So why is he saying this?

Quote:Only five matchups are against playoff opponents, and 10 games against either the AFC South or NFC South will never be mistaken for a murderer’s row schedule.
Seems to me that he pretty much is saying that the AFC South is an easy division. However, most pundits seem to have only one of our AFC South rivals as below average. Reality suggests that actually all the AFC South teams were among the teams that did more to improve themselves than most so far in the offseason. As such, we shouldn't be expecting that part of the schedule to do us any favours compared to last year.
Pretty pointless article.  I'm sure everyone that gives a flip about the Jags realizes that in year 3 of a new regime everyone under the sun expects strides to be made. ... And everyone is sick of losing.  ....And seats will get hot with another 4 or 5 win record.  Blah,blah,blah....

Using the 'ol "excuses" angle and attaching a number-of-wins-ultimatum?

-  all that does is make  Frenette sound like one of our many resident petulant-schoolgirl whiners on the board. 
Quote:Pretty pointless article. I'm sure everyone that gives a flip about the Jags realizes that in year 3 of a new regime everyone under the sun expects strides to be made. ... And everyone is sick of losing. ....And seats will get hot with another 4 or 5 win record. Blah,blah,blah....

Using the 'ol "excuses" angle and attaching a number-of-wins-ultimatum?

- all that does is make Frenette sound like one of our many resident petulant-schoolgirl whiners on the board.

What do u expect him to say? Our team only have 7 wins over 3 years! What is your expectation this season?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10