Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Republican circus continues with Betsy DeVos showing how little she knows about Education
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us...aring.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answ...55cfb667c6

Doesn't want accountability for private schools that receive government funding. That's a strike right there.
Republicans will eat it up, because they eat up anything Donald Trump does.  He could nuke a country, and some people here would defend him.  This will make Republicans especially happy though, because they hate public education.  They want to see it destroyed.

Quote:https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us...aring.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answ...55cfb667c6

Doesn't want accountability for private schools that receive government funding. That's a strike right there.

Wow. Leftist spin on the Michigan results. Look at my link to an actual research study in the other thread. You post partisan spin, I post non-partisan research. As I said earlier, this is the difference between the Left and the Right in a nutshell.

Quote:Wow. Leftist spin on the Michigan results. Look at my link to an actual research study in the other thread. You post partisan spin, I post non-partisan research. As I said earlier, this is the difference between the Left and the Right in a nutshell.

Is it partisan to say she is unqualified and has zero experience dealing with issues related to education?
Quote:Is it partisan to say she is unqualified and has zero experience dealing with issues related to education?

No, it's just plain stupid. But we expect nothing less from you.
If you're having trouble with mental illness, please seek help snake.

Quote:No, it's just plain stupid. But we expect nothing less from you.

Pretty much sums it up.

Quote:No, it's just plain stupid. But we expect nothing less from you.

So you believe she is qualified?
Quote:So you believe she is qualified?

She's a Republican.  Of course he thinks she's qualified.  She could be 5 years old, and as long as she donated to the Republican party she'd be more qualified than 'any stinking liberal'
Quote:She's a Republican. Of course he thinks she's qualified. She could be 5 years old, and as long as she donated to the Republican party she'd be more qualified than 'any stinking liberal'

That's a dumb reason to support anyone simply because they have a D or R before their name. DeVos is another swamp monster.
Quote:That's a dumb reason to support anyone simply because they have a D or R before their name. DeVos is another swamp monster.

Yes and John Lewis isn't

Hahahahahahahaha
Quote:Yes and John Lewis isn't

Hahahahahahahaha
Nice deflection. You going to tell us if DeVos is qualified or are you going to dance around the subject because you're afraid to answer? Maybe you're going to tell us about needing guns in classrooms to defend against Grizzly Bears or aliens or some other wacky [BLEEP].
Quote:Nice deflection. You going to tell us if DeVos is qualified or are you going to dance around the subject because you're afraid to answer? Maybe you're going to tell us about needing guns in classrooms to defend against Grizzly Bears or aliens or some other wacky [BAD WORD REMOVED].

You cite fake news and call it gospel. Such a good little lemming you are.
I'm watching Leah Remini's expose on Scientology, and the parallels between that cult and the left are remarkable.

The fake news, forced compliance, groupthink/thought control, the disconnect with reality...

All tactics the unwitting fall for on the left.  Those who don't escape fight for the false reality they believe in tooth and nail.

Difficult to see when trapped on the inside and cocooned among fellow "believers" and unable to see the bigger picture of reality.

So does anyone actually think she's qualified for the position?

All I see are people attacking each other rather than answer the simple question.

Quote:So does anyone actually think she's qualified for the position?

All I see are people attacking each other rather than answer the simple question.

They won't answer the question.
Quote:Is it partisan to say she is unqualified and has zero experience dealing with issues related to education?

It's partisan to take a research study that shows that Charter Schools in Michigan outperform government schools and claim that Charter Schools are a disaster.

Interesting ..... from her Wikipedia page

2016 U.S. presidential election
<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">During the Republican Party presidential primaries for the 2016 election, DeVos initially donated to Jeb Bush and Carly Fiorina before eventually supporting Marco Rubio.<sup>[13]</sup> In March 2016, DeVos described Donald Trump as an "interloper" and said that he "does not represent the Republican Party".<sup>[13]</sup>

Quote:Interesting ..... from her Wikipedia page

2016 U.S. presidential election
<p style="color:rgb(37,37,37);font-familyConfusedans-serif;">During the Republican Party presidential primaries for the 2016 election, DeVos initially donated to Jeb Bush and Carly Fiorina before eventually supporting Marco Rubio.<sup>[13]</sup> In March 2016, DeVos described Donald Trump as an "interloper" and said that he "does not represent the Republican Party".<sup>[13]</sup>

Sounds like a pretty accurate assessment to me. We should want someone who makes accurate assessments in charge.

Based on the standards set by previous secretaries of the executive branch, I can confirm she is highly qualified for the position.

I can also confirm John Lewis is highly unqualified as a congress member, and should be tested for senility.

All in favor, say Aye.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11