Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Not shaken by Bortles dismal play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
He has shown flashes of what you want to see from your franchise QB. These horrible mistakes are mistakes he would have made sitting behind Henne or not, and the sooner he makes them, the better. He will learn from this. Glad he is in the game and I expect a HUGE jump for him in this 2nd year.

Quote:He has shown flashes of what you want to see from your franchise QB. These horrible mistakes are mistakes he would have made and the sooner he makes them, the better. He will learn from this. Glad he is in the game and I expect a HUGE jump for him in this 2nd year.

You're kidding right? The best thing about this team other than the defense is that will have another top 3 pick. Hopefully we cut bait with Gus and get a real HEAD coach and a real QB prospect. 
I'll take the good with the bad but there was no good from BB today

Looking forward to his developing more chemistry with the rookie WRs. I just hope the team fixes the oline for him.
I'd really hate to see us take a QB two years in a row, just to think how the media alone would treat that. If we do end up with a QB in the draft trade for picks Big Grin

Throwing on 1st down after a pick 6 is good to me.

Baptism by fire, the lights will come on not worried, but I do think The defense should have a closed door meeting with the rook
I really think it's still Fisch coaching and playcalling. It's really holding him back

But he does need to cut out the bone head mistakes

problem his, he has more horrible plays then he does "flashes".

Quote:You're kidding right? The best thing about this team other than the defense is that will have another top 3 pick. Hopefully we cut bait with Gus and get a real HEAD coach and a real QB prospect. 

Probably should just try and get something for Bortles now Maybe a 7th rounder. Then we can draft Devin Gardner and then we can championship.
I'm with you. He has shown that he can play. This is what his first year is about. We wanted him playing ASAP and with that comes the good and bad. He will cut it down about half way into next year but it takes time. 

Better days ahead.

@thundercat, could you name three "real"coaches that would want to accept the Head position after we split with Gus after his second year of development?
Quote:You're kidding right? The best thing about this team other than the defense is that will have another top 3 pick. Hopefully we cut bait with Gus and get a real HEAD coach and a real QB prospect. 

Hopefully you change teams, and migrate to their message board.
Quote:I'm with you. He has shown that he can play. This is what his first year is about. We wanted him playing ASAP and with that comes the good and bad. He will cut it down about half way into next year but it takes time. 

Exactly. Things were so bad with Henne we clamored to throw him in and we finally did. We can't just call him a bust because it looks bleak one game. We've seen the flashes and he has the will to compete unlike the other guys we had at that position.
Quote:I'd really hate to see us take a QB two years in a row, just to think how the media alone would treat that. If we do end up with a QB in the draft trade for picks Big Grin
Could have had Big Ben after we drafted Leftwich.

Just shut up. Even if BB threw 3 TDs you'd still complain about him. He's a rookie who's trying to do too much. He had a bad game. So did shorts, Oline.

You and JAGANTICUS are in some kind of competition but I don't know what it is.
0% chance they take a QB first next year.

Might as well start whining now. :/
I wasn't a fan of Bortles coming out of the draft, but you guys shouldn't give up on him yet. Very few quarterbacks come out of college fully formed and ready to compete at an elite level (like Andrew Luck), or step into a perfect situation (Russell Wilson), or benefit from an innovative scheme that defenses haven't figured out yet (Foles).

His two big problems are:

1. Terrible throwing mechanics. If you look at his body when he throws, his lower body is all wrong, like it's actually pointed the wrong way. Fixing his foot mechanics will help his accuracy tremendously. This is also part of the reason why he throws those wobbly balls, he's actually throwing against his body.

2. Struggles to read coverages. This should have been expected coming from UCF and not having played against top tier defenses in college. He'll get better at that. All quarterbacks do.

He has good tools, he just needs at least another year of development. Unfortunately for Gus Bradley, he doesn't have that time.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12