Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What's the jury on Luke Joeckel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Luke hasn't really "flashed" as a dominant LT to me... I see him getting bullied off the LOS quite frequently.

Technically, this is his "first" year of real experience but he should not be whiffing like he has been.

Your thoughts?

He's been horrendous so far

Give em time to develop and hone his skills. 

He and Fisher suck. Waste of the top 2 picks.

Obviously jury is still out.
Not horrendous, not fantastic. Give him some time.

Not what I was expecting but i mean he has not had a full year yet even so....hopefully things change.

Freeney can still rush the passer. Joeckel will be fine.
Quote:Luke hasn't really "flashed" as a dominant LT to me... I see him getting bullied off the LOS quite frequently.

Technically, this is his "first" year of real experience but he should not be whiffing like he has been.

Your thoughts?

He's ok but has made some mistakes. Gotta keep on mind that he's still in an extended version of his rookie year. He may never be a dominant tackle but he should be pretty good in the long run.
He has lots of work to do to be worthy of the pick.  His performance affected the QB twice in that  first SD half for sure. Maybe 3 times.  

Trade him while hes got value

~TMD
It's basically his rookie year at LT.  With our entire O-line being inconsistent, I'm giving him some time here.

Hope he gets better, but right now, he sucks.
Made a thread about this last week. Got mercilessly flamed for my opinion.
Hopefully when he does improve we dont let him go and then develop a new LT.
Joekel beat like a drum on that one.
waste of a pick. AGAIN. Caldwell isn't too hot at recognizing talent.

That was a weak draft to be honest, but no excuse for his play

He'll develop into a top 32 LT.  

The jury is hung on this issue; no literally they hung themselves watching him try to play LT.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12