Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles>Manziel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Of course we all know that johnny is mostly hype. But watching the browns/rams game tonight I can't help but think how much farther along Bortles is than Manziel at this point. Bortles has shown that he isn't afraid, can stand tall, release the ball quickly, or avoid defenders when necessary while Manziel....well...

[Image: MassiveUnlinedAmoeba.gif]

That's what happens when you're off fooling around in Vegas instead of learning the playbook and elevating your game. That's Michael Sam sacking Manziel and doing Johnny's signature "money" signal at tonight's game. If Manziel had the professionalism and mental toughness that Bortles has, maybe he would have cut out the distractions, learned the playbook, and won the starting job. 

Yes they're both rookies and have room to grow, but Manziel has a lot to learn to be on BB's level.  Big Grin

Good for Michael Sam.. he has actually played decent for a 7th round pick. 2 sacks this preseason?

Can someone tell me how that is manziels fault?
Quote:Can someone tell me how that is manziels fault?
poor pocket presence?
Quote:Can someone tell me how that is manziels fault?

His man got beat but he should have seen the defender and he had two receivers open. He's got to release that ball quicker. But like I said he's a rookie and he's got room to grow. Just saying that I think Bortles could have gotten that ball out in time and made a play   :whistling:

Quote:His man got beat but he should have seen the blitz and he had two receivers open. He's got to release that ball quicker. But like I said he's a rookie and he's got room to grow. Just saying that I think Bortles could have gotten that ball out in time  :thumbsup:
or shook off the hit.. Bortles is pretty strong.
I just see a good defensive play. Manziel won't be as good as Bortles, but I don't think this is an example of why
Quote:poor pocket presence?

For real? Looks to me that the right tackle got whooped immediately.
Quote:His man got beat but he should have seen the blitz and he had two receivers open. He's got to release that ball quicker. But like I said he's a rookie and he's got room to grow. Just saying that I think Bortles could have gotten that ball out in time and made a play :whistling:

What blitz? I see 4 d linemen rushing the passer.
Quote:I just see a good defensive play. Manziel won't be as good as Bortles, but I don't think this is an example of why

I just picked this out in particular because it was recent. Look at Manziel's overall body of work so far and that is an example of why. 
Quote:What blitz? I see 4 d linemen rushing the passer.

Haha yeah fixed thanks for the heads up. Still, same logic should have seen the lineman
Quote:Haha yeah fixed thanks for the heads up. Still, same logic should have seen the lineman

Dont they say Qbs arent suppose to look at the rush?
Lol if blake bortles had the same game as Manziel, everyone would give Blake the benefit of the doubt.
If Manziel was playing on the level of Bortles the world would explode

Manziel basically had every red flag.

Immature

Short

Questionable arm

Benefited from a superstar WR (Weeden & Blackmon anyone)

A scrambler but not fast

Quote:Lol if blake bortles had the same game as Manziel, everyone would give Blake the benefit of the doubt.
Except Bortles against 1s basically matched Manziel stat line for 2 of his pre-season game stats combined...
Quote:Manziel basically had every red flag.

Immature

Short

Questionable arm

Benefited from a superstar WR (Weeden & Blackmon anyone)

A scrambler but not fast

His scrambling speed has got to be the most disappointing considering it was one of his greater attributes. Everyone was just so used to him being fast in college football, but you can really tell the difference when he scrambled against the 1's and even the reserves. 
Quote:If Manziel was playing on the level of Bortles the world would explode

You gonna cite that tweet you just ripped off or nah?
Johnny Football will join a long list of great college QBs who's game doesn't translate to the NFL.  He'll be doing SEC Network games with Tebow in 3 years.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...ny-manziel

It's almost as if the NFL scripted this

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7