Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Florida Governor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Well.. That time is coming! The cringeworthy political months where every other commercial will be a smear about how someone is not conservative enough or secretly a (gasp) liberal (dirtiest word in the dictionary). I loathe political bull manure ads.

Regardless of what anyone wants, this will be an election between Rick Scott and Charlie Crist. If you cast your vote for Rick Scott, you are doing so because you are voting along party lines. It is impossible to vote for the man. He refuses to answer any question that requires him to divert from his pre-programmed talking points and he is just a shady, shady individual. If you vote for Charlie Crist, you are either voting along party lines or you are being duped by one of the biggest phonies in Florida history. A flip flopper who will do or say whatever he feels he needs to to get elected. And a man who desperately needs to come out of the closet. Neither of these men are what Florida needs, so regardless of who wins, we all lose. They have the money, they will get the nod.

Hypothetically, is there a challenger in either party who might muster enough support to get on the final ballot? I don't think so, but I would love a better option. Or a non dem or non GOP dark horse?
Quote:Well.. That time is coming! The cringeworthy political months where every other commercial will be a smear about how someone is not conservative enough or secretly a (gasp) liberal (dirtiest word in the dictionary). I loathe political bull manure ads.

Regardless of what anyone wants, this will be an election between Rick Scott and Charlie Crist. If you cast your vote for Rick Scott, you are doing so because you are voting along party lines. It is impossible to vote for the man. He refuses to answer any question that requires him to divert from his pre-programmed talking points and he is just a shady, shady individual. If you vote for Charlie Crist, you are either voting along party lines or you are being duped by one of the biggest phonies in Florida history. A flip flopper who will do or say whatever he feels he needs to to get elected. And a man who desperately needs to come out of the closet. Neither of these men are what Florida needs, so regardless of who wins, we all lose. They have the money, they will get the nod.

Hypothetically, is there a challenger in either party who might muster enough support to get on the final ballot? I don't think so, but I would love a better option. Or a non dem or non GOP dark horse?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
it's a little concerning how little interest there is in the Florida Governor's race.

Quote:it's a little concerning how little interest there is in the Florida Governor's race.

Apathy.
It'll all come down to turnout.   Republicans vote more in off-year elections.   I think.  

If the democrats can use that massive voter database they used so successfully in the presidential election in 2012, they can win.   In 2012, the democrats knew the names and addresses of every democrat, I mean every single one, and they also knew which of them was unlikely to vote, and they concentrated on getting the unlikely voters to the polls.   It was the best get-out-the-vote campaign in history.   And it's one of the main reasons Romney got whipped so soundly.   The republicans actually thought they had a chance going into election day, but they did not understand the depth of the democrats' database and their ability to use it.  

So- if the Crist campaign can get their hands on that database and organize a decent get-out-the-vote campaign, they can win. 

(Of course, it would also help if they can find somewhere that Scott said something that can be construed as racist.) 

Let's face it, in our terribly polarized situation, swing voters are more and more rare.  It's all about getting out the vote. 

Charlie Crist is unfit to hold public office.  When he was previously Florida Governor,  this imbecile signed the papers that sent a man with a 77 IQ to death.   While I'm in favor of capital punishment in many,  if not most murder cases,   no one in their right mind would execute a person with a 77 IQ.  I'm not promoting Rick Scott or any other candidate in the Florida Governor race.   I just hope that Charlie Crist goes down in flames in this election or any other time he runs for office again!

I would love a third option. Scott is a liar and a crook. Crist is a spineless phony. Neither is fit for office.
Unfortunately, if the race comes down to a choice between Scott or Crist, it's going to become a "choice between the lesser of two evils".

Azmoroth or Beelzebub. Decisions. Decisions.
Quote:I would love a third option. Scott is a liar and a crook. Crist is a spineless phony. Neither is fit for office.

Adrian wyllie have you looked him up yet?
Quote:Unfortunately, if the race comes down to a choice between Scott or Crist, it's going to become a "choice between the lesser of two evils".

I'm done with settling for lesser of two evils vote third party.
You know the media will never allow a public debate between three people. That would just confuse us dumb folk.
Quote:You know the media will never allow a public debate between three people. That would just confuse us dumb folk.

I believe adrian is already scheduled to participate in two of the four televised debates.
Quote:I would love a third option. Scott is a liar and a crook. Crist is a spineless phony. Neither is fit for office.

Well, if you're going to disqualify liars and crooks, and spineless phonies, you're not going to have too many folks to vote for.

It's pretty hard to get good candidates to run for office. Primarily because they don't like being called spineless, phony, crook or liar.

We Americans claim to love our representative form of government, but we all hate the politicians. Except for our guy, of course.

You hold you nose and vote for Scott. He's held a real job. He's met a payroll. In other words, he's lived in the real world.

You want something better, run for office.
Rick Scott balanced the budget, gave teachers (!) a $2500 pay increase, improved Floridian median family income by 6.6%, eliminated over 10k state level jobs, and oversaw the creation of privatized Medicaid that will be the model for the rest of the country in a few years.

But he's Republican and is pro-business, so we have to get him out of office.

Welcome to America, land of style over substance.

Quote:Well, if you're going to disqualify liars and crooks, and spineless phonies, you're not going to have too many folks to vote for.

It's pretty hard to get good candidates to run for office. Primarily because they don't like being called spineless, phony, crook or liar.

We Americans claim to love our representative form of government, but we all hate the politicians. Except for our guy, of course.

You hold you nose and vote for Scott. He's held a real job. He's met a payroll. In other words, he's lived in the real world.

You want something better, run for office.

He's committed massive fraud.

Yep, sounds like the guy who should be running the state government.
Quote:Rick Scott balanced the budget, gave teachers (!) a $2500 pay increase, improved Floridian median family income by 6.6%, eliminated over 10k state level jobs, and oversaw the creation of privatized Medicaid that will be the model for the rest of the country in a few years.

But he's Republican and is pro-business, so we have to get him out of office.

Welcome to America, land of style over substance.

A few reasons I won't support Rick Scott

-signed a bill prohibiting the sale of smoking pipes, chillums or bongs (Big Government)

-signed a bill that allows schools to punish students for actions they do when they're not in school (Big Government)

-Rick Scott's finance chairman won potentially billions in Medicaid contracts in FL (Corruption can't be tolerated)

-Rick Scott had a sheriff arrested and charged with felony for protecting citizens’ 2nd Amendment Rights http://benswann.com/exclusive-fl-sheriff...nt-rights/

-Rick Scott's office bills taxpayers $25,000 for campaign consultant's work

I'm going strictly third party on this one. 
I was more concerned that he blocked a proposal for a high speed rail and then rallied for it once a crony proposed the exact same thing. Not to mention his other "business practices." He cannot be called a champion for education. He gutted $1.2B from Education in his first budget and added $1B in his second. That's still $200M upside down. And his complete inability to answer any question that strays from his pre-programmed talking points is infuriating. He is a robot. An evil, evil robot. And Crist is like Nell.. " a tay in the way.." bending to whatever breeze will keep his phony behind in office. Stuffed man vs. the hollow man.
Quote:He's committed massive fraud.

Yep, sounds like the guy who should be running the state government.

Hey, you can abdicate your responsibility to vote. This is America - no one's forced to go to the polls. Especially when it's so much cooler to stay on the sidelines and play the political saint.

So, is your Mom running for office? I assume that's who you endorse.

Quote:Hey, you can abdicate your responsibility to vote. This is America - no one's forced to go to the polls. Especially when it's so much cooler to stay on the sidelines and play the political saint.

So, is your Mom running for office? I assume that's you endorse.

Why is there no rolling on the floor laughing smiley on this board?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11