Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Draft Position after Tenn Loss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Based on http://stevielovesthejaguars.com/draftorder/    SOS, and before the 4PM games, it looks like the worst draft position we can now have is #9.  The best we can do is #2.   Texans have clinched #1

We gave the texans QB of their choice. Let's hope he fails
The last game of the season will mean a lot in terms of determining final top 5 draft order. I won't mind another loss as long as its a competitive game like this one was....

....Indy will probably help us win though.
Quote:We gave the texans QB of their choice. Let's hope he fails

Not too worried about that. They still have a lot to figure out including picking a head coach and some tough player decisions with so little cap room to work with. They may be in rebuild mode as soon as next season.
Quote:The last game of the season will mean a lot in terms of determining final top 5 draft order. I won't mind another loss as long as its a competitive game like this one was....

I don't think so, they are currently tied with Cincinati at 10-5, and if NE loses, seed #2 could be up for grabs. I think they will come to play and probably beat us.
If the draft shakes out to give us a shot at Jake Matthews or Jadeveon Clowney, I'd take it over a flier on Johnny Alcohol or Derek Carr.

Quote:The last game of the season will mean a lot in terms of determining final top 5 draft order. I won't mind another loss as long as its a competitive game like this one was....

Indy is the team to beat in our division.  

With that said, I don't think that our draft spot will matter that much.  We have a good coach and a good coaching staff.  Until we see consistent fails, I will back the current administration.  

The one thing that kills me is that we obviously are sooooooo close to being the monster D and scary O that I remember.  We are just a few pieces away from being feared.  
Quote:If the draft shakes out to give us a shot at Jake Matthews or Jadeveon Clowney, I'd take it over a flier on Johnny Alcohol or Derek Carr.

Johnny Alcohol....  LOL...  Naw, it's not his consumption I'm worried about.  It's his size and his game.  He's too small, and he doesn't look to pass.  He's a runner...  I don't want a runner to be my QB.  I want a passer---------  WITH ACCURACY
If the Redskins win next week. And hopefully the Colts clobber us. We will be in good shape for a chance at Bridgewater, Clowney, Matthews, and Barr 

Quote:If the draft shakes out to give us a shot at Jake Matthews or Jadeveon Clowney, I'd take it over a flier on Johnny Alcohol or Derek Carr.

If we take Jake Matthews I'm positive this fan base will show up at 1 Everbank place with torches and pitchforks.....

....I secretly want to see that happen Ninja
Seatle's QB is the flavor of the year...  But I think he's more Eli than Peyton.  

I'm not ripping Wilson, but it's clear that without a really good team, the Seahawks would just be mediocre.  It's not like the QB and the offense that he generates is the reason they are the a SB contender.

Seriously, does anyone think that Seattle is going to be a dynasty?  But yeah,  they will probably lose to Manning in NY

Don't forget we are going to battle with Chad Henne at QB. Indy helping us win won't be as easy as it should be.
Assuming we lose, the third pick will be ours.

We could have the second pick if the redskins win
At this point, I honestly have no clue about who we should get in the upcoming draft. Things change so quickly that someone like Bortles is now being considered for the #1 pick. It's going to be a crazy April draft.

Quote:Seatle's QB is the flavor of the year...  But I think he's more Eli than Peyton.  

I'm not ripping Wilson, but it's clear that without a really good team, the Seahawks would just be mediocre.  It's not like the QB and the offense that he generates is the reason they are the a SB contender.

Seriously, does anyone think that Seattle is going to be a dynasty?  But yeah,  they will probably lose to Manning in NY
Have to disagree. Wilson is neither of them. He's a unique QB. Highly Accurate with great speed. He would rather stay in the pocket than just defaulting to the run. But, I will say he has the work ethic of a Manning. Seattle will be successful for many years. Without Wilson they had 7-9 8-8 seasons. With Wilson they are going to be a playoff contender for the next 5 years

I REALLY WANT THAT SECOND PICK!
Quote:At this point, I honestly have no clue about who we should get in the upcoming draft. Things change so quickly that someone like Bortles is now being considered for the #1 pick. It's going to be a crazy April draft.

Just a heads up draft has been moved to May
The only thing that worries me about the second pick is this, say bortles ends up being the number one qb after the combine and pro days ECT with teddy as the second or even falling further. Does the administration take the risk picking whichever qb Huston doesn't take, and furthermore what if the Texans take clowney or Barr with the first pick then we have to pick a QB with the second pick and we'd be stuck between the QB that rose up the draftboard vs the QB who was projected as the first pick for the majority of the year. How do you make that decision. At least if we're picking third or fourth someone could take the risk and we'll pick up the remainder or go a completely different route and get a high caliber defender.

One thing I have learned is you cannot predict the draft 3 or more months in advance.  At one point last year Geno Smith was picked by some experts at going #1 overall.

We still have the rookie minicamps and combine.  Tons can change before the draft.  My point is it's too early to worry about it

Quote:The only thing that worries me about the second pick is this, say bortles ends up being the number one qb after the combine and pro days ECT with teddy as the second or even falling further. Does the administration take the risk picking whichever qb Huston doesn't take, and furthermore what if the Texans take clowney or Barr with the first pick then we have to pick a QB with the second pick and we'd be stuck between the QB that rose up the draftboard vs the QB who was projected as the first pick for the majority of the year. How do you make that decision. At least if we're picking third or fourth someone could take the risk and we'll pick up the remainder or go a completely different route and get a high caliber defender.

Everything you listed as a concern would also apply towards picking anywhere in the draft. Including first overall.

The draft is a crapshoot. Nothing is guaranteed. The best player in the entire class may not be the player taken first, second, or third overall.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10