Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Questions For All You Tankers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
1. When did it start for you? Was it at 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, etc? Just curious.

2. Will it be and has it always been this way for you all along?

3. If we get Bridgewater and we go 0-2 or up to 0-6 next year are any wins after "meaningless"?

4. How many wins do we have to have out of the first six games to make any after worthwhile and not tank again?

Edit to clearly define seperate questions.

When it became clear that our offense was as putrid as it is.  Which was probably after 0-3.  We need a QB desperately.  I don't want the team to lose -- but I don't mind them losing.  I don't mind going 0-16 if we get a franchise QB.  Once you have a franchise QB you shouldn't tank no matter what.  And you'd probably never be in the position of needing to.

The worst thing for this team I think is for it to win games by the other team losing like it has many times in the past.  That's not going to build any sort of culture of winning.  

It's not about record in the end.  It's about the position we're in.  Putting up that fight against Denver felt better than the win against the Ravens a few years ago.  Right now we're in a bad position.  I'd rather our record reflect how good or bad we are, than for it to trick us into thinking we're better than we are.

When was the scrimmage again?
AT ABOUT HALFTIME OF THE 1ST PRESEASON GAME......

Started for me when we were 0-0

Quote:When was the scrimmage again?

Quote:AT ABOUT HALFTIME OF THE 1ST PRESEASON GAME......

Quote:Started for me when we were 0-0
You all answered only one of the questions. Please answer the others.
Quote:When did it start for you? Was it at 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, etc? Just curious. Will it be and has it always been this way for you all along? If we get Bridgewater and we go 0-2 or up to 0-6 next year are any wins after "meaningless"? How many wins do we have to have out of the first six games to make any after worthwhile and not tank again?

Its started for me when I realized that it was even an option. I would have never in a billion years prayed to watch a team tank but to actually see that my team could really lose every game was the nail in the coffin for me. I remember always looking at the schedule preseason and being able to guess what game we would win and could usually reason my way into a few games. This is the first time I could not find one win on the schedule. What made it even worse was that it looked to me that its all the doing of a terrible qb and being number 1 in the draft order is how to get "the guy".

If we go 0-2 or 0-6 next year with Bridgewater I wouldn't consider any games meaningless afterward because its about him developing and gaining confidence, just like Blaine's first year. We all knew that 2011 was gone when he came in to play but it was all about him developing and gaining confidence and building around him. The problem is we are in year 3 and he looks exactly the same so his time is over. When Bridgewater (or whoever) comes to play for us next year it will be their time to play and that clock will reset.

As long as there is hope for a strong season then there is no such thing as a meaningless games. There is no hope for the season. If Blaine or Chad was going to do anything they would have do it by now.
I don't think the team is intentionally tanking, and I'm fairly certain fans who support the team losing as consistently as possible have no influence over what actually transpires on the field.  All we need to do is look at the way this team played on Sunday in Denver.

If the team gets Bridgewater, at that point the new regime has started and you don't want losses. Bridgewater would get till the 3rd year in my book, before I would go down the path of tanking for draft picks. 

Thats irrelevant anyway, since theres very little chance Bridgewater fails. The only way Bridgewater fails is due to injury, not talent. 

Quote:I don't think the team is intentionally tanking, and I'm fairly certain fans who support the team losing as consistently as possible have no influence over what actually transpires on the field.  All we need to do is look at the way this team played on Sunday in Denver.
I certainly don't think so either. I aimed the question at board members who are in favor of tanking.
Quote:If the team gets Bridgewater, at that point the new regime has started and you don't want losses. Bridgewater would get till the 3rd year in my book, before I would go down the path of tanking for draft picks. 

Thats irrelevant anyway, since theres very little chance Bridgewater fails. The only way Bridgewater fails is due to injury, not talent. 
You did not answer all of the questions. Please do.
Quote:You did not answer all of the questions. Please do.
Lol.
Hard to pinpoint when. But it'd be nice to have a pick of all the quarterbacks for once instead of having to take the leftovers.
Quote:Hard to pinpoint when. But it'd be nice to have a pick of all the quarterbacks for once instead of having to take the leftovers.
Those leftovers often work out. Probably a little more often than the first serving. We didn't even try leftovers for way to many years unfortunately.
Quote:When did it start for you? Was it at 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, etc? Just curious. Will it be and has it always been this way for you all along? If we get Bridgewater and we go 0-2 or up to 0-6 next year are any wins after "meaningless"? How many wins do we have to have out of the first six games to make any after worthwhile and not tank again?

Quote:If the team gets Bridgewater, at that point the new regime has started and you don't want losses. Bridgewater would get till the 3rd year in my book, before I would go down the path of tanking for draft picks. 

Quote:You did not answer all of the questions. Please do.

I answered the main one....Not sure why the other trivial questions are even important. 
After the first game on I saw how inept our offense was and figured it was gonna get rough. Though with Blackmon things change and now we have a player teams fear

And the second question... Something like 3-3 or 4-2. Just show potential and win games to bring satisfaction
Quote:I answered the main one....Not sure why the other trivial questions are even important. 
No you did not. If you don't want to that's fine. I already know why you did not. Also, you don't need to know. :thanks: for your limited participation.

Quote:Those leftovers often work out. Probably a little more often than the first serving. We didn't even try leftovers for way to many years unfortunately.

That's not the case, actually.  QB's picked with the first pick have a higher rate of success than QB's picked after them.  There's more QB's that do succeed after the first pick, but that's because there's a larger pool to do so with.  There's also several that don't work out. 

Now here's a question: What makes a win, where the other team doesn't give their all worth much of anything? 
Quote:That's not the case, actually.  QB's picked with the first pick have a higher rate of success than QB's picked after them.  There's more QB's that do succeed after the first pick, but that's because there's a larger pool to do so with.  There's also several that don't work out. 

Now here's a question: What makes a win, where the other team doesn't give their all worth much of anything? 

Not only this, but QB picked first, are often the ones that wind up the best - as in all time bests..... i.e. Elway, Manning, Bradshaw 4 SB wins), Luck (projected), maybe Stafford, too if he ever gets some better coaching in there. 

Obviously, there have been 1st pick busts too, but point remains. 

When we could not get beyond our own 37 yard line in 3 quarters of football against KC in Game 1.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12