Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Justin Blackmon = Stud Wr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I remember actually arguing with a few people in the trade Cecil thread who were saying that Cecil was better than Blackmon, and they were actually being indignant about it, rofl....

If you can't see that Blackmon is clearly, easily the better WR of the 2, and is a flat out on his way to being a special player in this league ala what Freddy Taylor was, then you are flat out blind or simply don't understand what you are watching. 

He literally is a threat to score from anywhere on the field once he gets the ball in his hands, and he's got that special knack to NOT get caught from behind. People took issue with Blackmon's "40 time" around draft time, and it was stupid because you could tell by how he played in college that it really was never an issue. Its not an issue at the pro level either. 

.....Can you imagine how good he'll be once he gets a legit QB throwing the rock to him?!?!?

Bridgewater to Blackmon.....music to my ears :yes:

Quote:I remember actually arguing with a few people in the trade Cecil thread who were saying that Cecil was better than Blackmon, and they were actually being indignant about it, rofl....

If you can't see that Blackmon is clearly, easily the better WR of the 2, and is a flat out on his way to being a special player in this league ala what Freddy Taylor was, then you are flat out blind or simply don't understand what you are watching. 

So is this thread about Blackmon or you?
Quote:So is this thread about Blackmon or you?

Blackmon, but I just think its funny how some people on this board simply don't understand football and like players for odd reasons that apparently don't have to do with ability. How/ why else would someone seriously think Cecil is better than Blackmon....??? :wacko:

Blackmon is the most talented player this team has has since Fred Taylor. TMD we agree on this.
How?  Well, at one point last year Cecil was outperforming JB by a mile.

Some people like myself understood that Blackmon was a rookie and that it could take time.

I'm happy that they're both on this team. 

I don't think people appreciate how historically good Operation Mind Crime is as a concept album. Although not as good as their first concept album, Mind Crime II is good. Overall the first album is on par with The Wall. Of course the final cut does have a few songs that could have been out takes from The Wall but really it isn't the same as what Queensryche has accomplished.

Their newer stuff is enjoyable but Geoff Tate's voice is winding down as he gets older.

EDIT
And yes I'm glad we have a few GS hold overs that are actually worth it long term.
Quote: 

He literally is a threat to score from anywhere on the field once he gets the ball in his hands, and he's got that special knack to NOT get caught from behind. People took issue with Blackmon's "40 time" around draft time, and it was stupid because you could tell by how he played in college that it really was never an issue. Its not an issue at the pro level either. 

.....Can you imagine how good he'll be once he gets a legit QB throwing the rock to him?!?!?

Bridgewater to Blackmon.....music to my ears :yes:

We see eye to eye here.

Blackmon-if he can stay on the field and not get suspended-can be a special player.

I'm thinking two years down the road... Bridgewater, Blackmon, Shorts, a TE with speed that can hit the deep seam routes and command S help, Sanders in the slot, and an OL that can give Teddy time.
Quote:I don't think people appreciate how historically good Operation Mind Crime is as a concept album. Although not as good as their first concept album, Mind Crime II is good. Overall the first album is on par with The Wall. Of course the final cut does have a few songs that could have been out takes from The Wall but really it isn't the same as what Queensryche has accomplished.

Their newer stuff is enjoyable but Geoff Tate's voice is winding down as he gets older.

EDIT

And yes I'm glad we have a few GS hold overs that are actually worth it long term.

I really like OM as well, but also am a fan of the Empire album. Its like Queensryche's version of the Black album from Metallica. Not one "skip" song on it. 

Quote:How?  Well, at one point last year Cecil was outperforming JB by a mile.

Some people like myself understood that Blackmon was a rookie and that it could take time.

I'm happy that they're both on this team. 

Blackmon was a rookie WR last season; Cecil was in his 2nd year. You have to compare where players were at similar points in time. Cecil couldn't even get on the field as a rookie. 

Blackmon is Freddy T level special as a talent. 

He good, he real good.
Quote:We see eye to eye here.

Blackmon-if he can stay on the field and not get suspended-can be a special player.

I'm thinking two years down the road... Bridgewater, Blackmon, Shorts, a TE with speed that can hit the deep seam routes and command S help, Sanders in the slot, and an OL that can give Teddy time.

If they also add Parker to the mix,..... = unstoppable passing game. 
Yeah, Blackmon is going to be a STAR in this league once we draft Teddy.  Might take a minute for them to gel, but the potential there is enormous.

He's alright. Still can't hold his drink for [BLEEP] though.
Not sure when you made that thread, but around this time last year, Shorts was definitely the better player.  He looked absolutely lost out there.

Based on yesterday's game and preseason, I'd say it's close to even.  I expect Blackmon to get ahead at some point though.  He has more talent, which is saying a lot because Shorts is really good.

Blackmon is Jimmy Shorts is Keenan. Not really but have potential to be down the road.
The offense really picked up with Blackmon on the field. JB's going to be a great football player.  Once we draft Bridgewater, look out!

Blackmon is probably the only thing worth watching this year, he can be special if we get a QB in here.

We may suck right now but we have some pieces in place that could be really exciting in the coming years.  We FINALLY have receivers!!!

btw TMD,

some people might have been wrong about JB, but they weren't as wrong about him as you were about Cecil Shorts.  Just saying Wink

Why do we have to compare and pick sides, Why not enjoy them both?  its nice to actually have weapons at the WR position finally and if everything goes well we will get a nice franchise QB in April.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15