Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I believe in Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
You know what?! Haters fall back.
he cant throw a football

he isnt particularly good at anything

fellas just like him cause he looks the part of an nfl qb
Quote:He cant throw a football

He isn't particularly good at anything

Fellas just like him because he looks the part of an NFL QB>

If you watch him play, you know he certainly can throw a football. What he can't do is force his receivers to catch the ball every time it is in the right place at the right time.

Mods pls..... It's time to step in.

Quote:Mods pls..... It's time to step in.
+1
Quote:If you watch him play, you know he certainly can throw a football. What he can't do is force his receivers to catch the ball every time it is in the right place at the right time.

How about when it hits them on the foot or is 10 yards over their heads?
Quote:How about when it hits them on the foot or is 10 yards over their heads?

Blake Bortles explained he was taught to throw it to receiver's feet if a screen pass blows up.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...creen-pass
He can run, and he's shifty. Those are basically all the positives of Bortles, unfortunately.

Quote:Blake Bortles explained he was taught to throw it to receiver's feet if a screen pass blows up.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000739557/article/blake-bortles-tries-to-explain-disastrous-screen-pass'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000739557/article/blake-bortles-tries-to-explain-disastrous-screen-pass</a>

That makes it all better.
Quote:That makes it all better.

:thanks:
Quote:If you watch him play, you know he certainly can throw a football. What he can't do is force his receivers to catch the ball every time it is in the right place at the right time.
unfortunately, being 'on time and on target' is also a growing rarity for Bortles. Why should the receivers even try? When they are wide open Bortles misses them by a mile!

He is inaccurate

He throws a wobbly ball

He stares down his intended receiver

He consistently tries to force in balls that he has no business attempting given how inaccurate he is

He is consistently the best asset our opponents have!
Blake - at this point - is a project.  A big project.  There's a LOT to fix.  But he made throws last season that still represent "upside."

He could be a mid-tier QB with the right help and a mid tier QB could win a lot of games with the Jags current receiving corps and a bit better line.  

I would:  

Get the kid some offseason help with his mechanics, get the whole team a new coaching staff, and bring in a mid to late round pick at QB.

Then let Allen, Bortles and the new kid compete to start next year. 

Then you've got an increased chance of a capable starting QB emerging, probably a younger and cheaper back-up QB and you'll know for certain if Bortles is worth saving. 

Quote:How about when it hits them on the foot or is 10 yards over their heads?
Or when it hits them in the hands and still winds up on the ground?

Look, Bortles is struggling right now.  The concern here is that the more he struggles, the more he presses.  At some point, they need to just let him get back to doing what he did last year, and let Blake be Blake. 

For better or for worse, they've got no choice but to ride this thing to the end of the season.  They're not going to put Henne in, and Allen hasn't taken any kind of a meaningful snaps in practice or otherwise since the preseason, so there's no way we're going to do any sort of experiment to evaluate him at this point.  So, it's all on Bortles to either right the ship or sink it. 

I'm not quite sure what to think about Bortles at this point.  Like most, I'm hoping he can turn this around and prove himself to be the guy for this team.  If that doesn't happen, it's absolutely devastating and will force yet another rebuild.  I think the potential is there, and I am hopeful that he hasn't been completely wrecked by what's happening this season.  When the coaching staff suffers a shake up, and the one thing the head coach says is that he wants to see more balance on offense, and then we go out and continue to put everything on Bortles, that just adds to the problems. 

The coaching mess is squandering talent and putting a lot of effort and expectations right in the toilet. 
Quote:Blake Bortles explained he was taught to throw it to receiver's feet if a screen pass blows up.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...creen-pass
That worked out well. So there's at least one bit of training that stuck....unfortunately.

Next time, throw it into the seats.

Quote:Or when it hits them in the hands and still winds up on the ground?

Look, Bortles is struggling right now.  The concern here is that the more he struggles, the more he presses.  At some point, they need to just let him get back to doing what he did last year, and let Blake be Blake. 

For better or for worse, they've got no choice but to ride this thing to the end of the season.  They're not going to put Henne in, and Allen hasn't taken any kind of a meaningful snaps in practice or otherwise since the preseason, so there's no way we're going to do any sort of experiment to evaluate him at this point.  So, it's all on Bortles to either right the ship or sink it. 

I'm not quite sure what to think about Bortles at this point.  Like most, I'm hoping he can turn this around and prove himself to be the guy for this team.  If that doesn't happen, it's absolutely devastating and will force yet another rebuild.  I think the potential is there, and I am hopeful that he hasn't been completely wrecked by what's happening this season.  When the coaching staff suffers a shake up, and the one thing the head coach says is that he wants to see more balance on offense, and then we go out and continue to put everything on Bortles, that just adds to the problems. 

The coaching mess is squandering talent and putting a lot of effort and expectations right in the toilet. 

^This

Bortles is done. The NFL isn't for projects, it's for winning. Let someone else spend the next half decade working on Bortles and let's go draft the next Carson Wentz.

He's led the league in both sacks and turnovers since he started. There's no fixing Bortles, he's already been fully broken.
Quote:Bortles is done. The NFL isn't for projects, it's for winning. Let someone else spend the next half decade working on Bortles and let's go draft the next Carson Wentz.

He's led the league in both sacks and turnovers since he started. There's no fixing Bortles, he's already been fully broken.
Let me know where that guaranteed "Next Wentz" is bruh.

Quote:Let me know where that guaranteed "Next Wentz" is bruh.

I can tell you where "the next dak" is
Quote:I can tell you where "the next dak" is
And that would be....

Quote:And that would be....

3rd day of the draft
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8