Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Guard Andrew Norwell to sign with Jags (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Per Schefty

5 year 66.5 mil with 30 guaranteed

BOOOOOOOM
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...96609?s=20

woohoo

Yesssssssss, that's why we didn't sign ARob. Thus guy was the best run blocker in football, an All Pro, not coming off and injury. Win FA again
Wow, huge numbers, but dude is young, All-Pro, and this would lock him up for the entirety of his prime. If true, the whispers that the FO were dead-set on OL being the priority this offseason would seem to be supported out of the gate. More in the draft please.
WOW!

I thought they'd sign a FA guard, but didn't think they'd go this big on the deal.
Great step forward in getting this O-Line and run game upgraded.
I'm hyped for this, never thought we would be able to sign him! Way to go Caldwell/Coughlin!!!
(03-13-2018, 06:44 AM)ColoJag Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hyped for this, never thought we would be able to sign him! Way to go Caldwell/Coughlin!!!

Coughlin probably relishing this as the giants were chasing Norwell - he and the Jags snatched an all-pro guard away from the team that forced TC into a brief retirement.
Well, it looks like they had a plan for that franchise tag money after all!
Frank Ragnow in the 2nd please
Leaves us with 16 million I believe?
Fantastic news! This is where the AROB money went and I like it, betting on a consistent all pro as opposed to a 1 year wonder who I never felt really bought into the team.
Wow!!! Amazing!

I would have never believed we would be in the mix for him as I thought he would be way too expensive but this is amazing news!
Cool. It’s a lot of money, but hopefully it’s not another Zane Beadles.
Probably means Colvin is off the table, but with $8ish mil aside for the draft (which we now have much greater flexibility in, though I still hope to see OL somewhere in rounds 1-3) we still have enough room for maybe Poz and a mid-tier TE, or mid-tier WR?

Or say Hurns restructures, or is cut, maybe a bit more cushion...should be a very intriguing week, but if this is true, the proverbial “bomb” of our FA certainly just dropped.
(03-13-2018, 06:55 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic news! This is where the AROB money went and I like it, betting on a consistent all pro as opposed to a 1 year wonder who I never felt really bought into the team.

Consistent all pro? You mean 1-time all pro?
Great pickup so now that allows more options in draft instead of loading up on lineman.
Fantastic move!
I would like to see a Robinson-Norwell-Shatley-Linder-Parnell line.
Guard Andrew Norwell expected to sign with Jaguars

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...th-jaguars

Former Panthers guard Andrew Norwell is expected to sign with the Jaguars, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.
(03-13-2018, 07:04 AM)Go Jagwaas Derp Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see a Robinson-Norwell-Shatley-Linder-Parnell line.

You could even potentially upgrade Shatley with a second round center from the draft.
Could imagine us going with Poz and a veteran WR in FA then going TE/WR/T/Nickel in the draft
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9