Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars trade for QB Kessler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Rapsheet Source: #Browns QB Cody Kessler is being traded to the #Jaguars. A new backup.

Interesting
Championship???
...What? Don't get this.
I'd rather have Manziel
Jags got their career backup, no need to draft a backup.

His resume screams "protects the football."

If that's all he does, that's all you want from a designated backup.
(03-28-2018, 02:48 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather have Manziel

Manziel is a media nightmare. Besides, that fans here would call for him to start week 1 like some idiots.
Doesn't really move the needle for me. He never going to lead us to anything of note, but at least the cost was dirt cheap. Shouldn't impact drafting a QB. Better not impact us drafting a QB I should say.
He's your prototypical backup type. Brandon Allen 2.0 and could possibly keep a run heavy offense ticking over for a game or two. Gave up nothing for him and I actually liked his game coming out bar the noodle arm.
Always thought Kessler got a bad rap in Cleveland.

I’m intrigued to see what he could do with actual weapons.
(03-28-2018, 02:50 PM)pirkster Wrote: [ -> ]Jags got their career backup, no need to draft a backup.

Scratch Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph.
(03-28-2018, 02:47 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]...What?  Don't get this.

This suggests they don't see much promise in this QB crop for a backup.  So, they "drafted" who they wanted ahead of time.
Welp
I don't think a conditional 7th rounder next year does anything to tip their hands about what they want to do in the draft.
(03-28-2018, 02:53 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2018, 02:50 PM)pirkster Wrote: [ -> ]Jags got their career backup, no need to draft a backup.

Scratch Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph.

not exactly. Especially L Jack. We got Kessler for almost nothing. we can still draft a QB round 3 and down.
(03-28-2018, 02:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Always thought Kessler got a bad rap in Cleveland.

I’m intrigued to see what he could do with actual weapons.

Completion percentage very impressive. Doesn't turn the ball over.
Only impact on the draft is there's no pressure to draft a scrub late just to be a backup and waste a pick.

Doesn't change anything about the small possibility of a QB at #29.
(03-28-2018, 02:45 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]Championship???

6'1, 220lbs, 10 7/8 big hands, 67% college completion rate, 24 years old.  A more natural thrower.  The Jags now have their future QB.  Yes,  Chammmmmpppiiooonnshiiiippppp
Going on a little Twitter rampage about Kessler being better than Blake?

You would...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8