Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: October 4th or January 2nd?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It's pretty clear to me that it's no longer a question of "if" but "when" does Bradley get his walking papers. 

As I've pointed out several times - those ranting about the GM and/or owner for keeping him this long have clearly not paid any attention to what Khan and Caldwell said back in 2013 and 2014.  They made it clear that they were executing a long term plan and they would see it through. Khan's comments just mere months ago made it clear keeping the same coach throughout the rebuild was part of the plan. 

Now it's clear the roster talent has reached a point that the "building phase" must be finalized and the "winning" phase must begin. So a change is inevitable. 

When does it happen? 

Idk...but I'll let you know about noon-thirty or one o'clock Sunday...If I'm sober enough to turn on my computer.

But seriously.  If the Jags win on Sunday, I say wait until later (maybe not even January 2nd later).

If the Jags lose, immediately cut ties with Gus.

Oh how I missed blank # 2 and corn.
Wait until the end of the season.

If the Jags win more than 2 games, give Gus a 5 year extension.
On a Corn filled day during [Blank #2].

But seriously, I think it'll happen on Black Monday. To me, Bradley lost a lot of credibility with Kahn with the way the team looked in San Diego. That was his first chance to show to Kahn, Caldwell and the world that he had the team working in the right direction. It was an opponent that they had played every year and they should have been in McCoy's (sp?) hip pocket the whole game. Didn't happen.

But, Kahn is probably smart enough to see that firing a Header in the middle of the season doesn't really solve anything. That, and he doesn't seem to be the reactionary type.

Almost regardless of anything else that happens this season, I think that game is the one that cost Gus his job.

I think regardless of the outcome of this next game or season for that matter, January 2 is his walking day. A lot can be judged off of just these last three games. I think Dave and Kahn may not want to poison the roster from here on out.

Quote:It's pretty clear to me that it's no longer a question of "if" but "when" does Bradley get his walking papers. 

As I've pointed out several times - those ranting about the GM and/or owner for keeping him this long have clearly not paid any attention to what Khan and Caldwell said back in 2013 and 2014.  They made it clear that they were executing a long term plan and they would see it through. Khan's comments just mere months ago made it clear keeping the same coach throughout the rebuild was part of the plan. 

Now it's clear the roster talent has reached a point that the "building phase" must be finalized and the "winning" phase must begin. So a change is inevitable. 

When does it happen? 

I don't think it happens until after the season, I think we'll beat a bad Indianapolis team this weekend.
Waiting till January 2nd concedes a lost season. I would lose a lot of respect for the front office if they don't have the stones to fire Bradley after the London game. You recognize that he's not good, why would you allow him to stick around and just fester? You also send the wrong message to the players.

Cut bait on October 4 is the only answer.
Quote:Waiting till January 2nd concedes a lost season. I would lose a lot of respect for the front office if they don't have the stones to fire Bradley after the London game. You recognize that he's not good, why would you allow him to stick around and just fester? You also send the wrong message to the players.

Cut bait on October 4 is the only answer.

This. Khan and Dave will not fire Gus during the season, which leads me to say i lost faith in this entire organization.
Quote:This. Khan and Dave will not fire Gus during the season, which leads me to say i lost faith in this entire organization.

I think this only way this happens is via another blowout loss. If this game is even remotely competitive, Bradley likely won't get canned until the end of the season.
Quote:I think this only way this happens is via another blowout loss. If this game is even remotely competitive, Bradley likely won't get canned until the end of the season.

Regardless, Gus is here for the rest of the season that was over before it started.
Quote:This. Khan and Dave will not fire Gus during the season, which leads me to say i lost faith in this entire organization.

Let's be honest.... You've never really had any faith in this organization.  At least - that's how your posts overwhelmingly read. 
Quote:Wait until the end of the season.

If the Jags win more than 2 games, give Gus a 5 year extension.

Pfffffftt! Life time extension, he is the stuff of legend and must be locked up for the rest of his life.

Quote:Let's be honest.... You've never really had any faith in this organization. At least - that's how your posts overwhelmingly read.

Regardless of posting history, its a valid response and mindset to have.

Why keep a head coach that you have recognized is no longer worthy of being the coach?
Quote:Let's be honest.... You've never really had any faith in this organization. At least - that's how your posts overwhelmingly read.

Have they given me reason to?

Quote:It's pretty clear to me that it's no longer a question of "if" but "when" does Bradley get his walking papers. 

When does it happen?

You didn't list a year in your poll.
Quote:Regardless of posting history, its a valid response and mindset to have.

Why keep a head coach that you have recognized is no longer worthy of being the coach?

Because Khan is hoping for a miracle turnaround.
Stay the course, Brads can get us a 10 footer.

Voted Jan 2nd, hoping for Oct 4th. Shad gave Gus the whole year last year I think he'll do the same again.
Quote:Why keep a head coach that you have recognized is no longer worthy of being the coach?
I have no compelling argument against that besides not wanting to change the head man twice in one year. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8