Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: U.S. owes black people reparations for a history of ‘racial terrorism,’ says U.N. panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
This is Male Bovine Droppings

The Hell with The U.N.

Get us out of that corrupt organization

U.S. owes black people reparations for a history of ‘racial terrorism,’ says U.N. panel
What exactly is the problem?
The UN human rights council has countries as members that still allow slavery.  UN is a bureaucratic joke.

Quote:The UN human rights council has countries as members that still allow slavery. UN is a bureaucratic joke.

Does that take away from the fact this country practiced it for 245 years?
The UN has been and continues to be a farce of a organization that the United States should have excluded ourselves from 25 years ago.

If the US was going to give reparations, they should have done it years ago and given it to the actual slaves and their immediate families, not generations later.
A lot of my Greek ancestry were enslaved. Tell the UN to slide some of that cash my way as well.

Quote:If the US was going to give reparations, they should have done it years ago and given it to the actual slaves and their immediate families, not generations later.

I can trace my enslaved ancestors back to 1840. That was only 3 generations ago which isn't that long of a time. My grandfather was a second class citizen who couldn't even vote without taking some ridiculous test until 1965...just 51 years ago.
Quote:A lot of my Greek ancestry were enslaved. Tell the UN to slide some of that cash my way as well.

Some of my ancestors were almost certainly enslaved by Romans. Also, pogromed/abused/killed/ejected by nearly all of Western Europe. I demand reparations!
Quote:I can trace my enslaved ancestors back to 1840. That was only 3 generations ago which isn't that long of a time. My grandfather was a second class citizen who couldn't even vote without taking some ridiculous test until 1965...just 51 years ago.

Sorry to hear that. Sad mark on our country's history. But still, my opinion remains.
The Egyptians owe a ton. They're still raking in the tourism dollars on those slave built pyramids. The Ancient aliens owe dammit.

It's not workable. You can't figure out whose ancestor was a slave. A lot of black people do not have slave ancestors. A lot of white people have African slave ancestors that lived in America as slaves. A lot of US citizens only came to the United States recently.

Who collects? Who pays?

There's no way to figure it out. So the whole idea is ridiculous.
nope

Quote:It's not workable. You can't figure out whose ancestor was a slave. A lot of black people do not have slave ancestors. A lot of white people have African slave ancestors that lived in America as slaves. A lot of US citizens only came to the United States recently.

Who collects? Who pays?

There's no way to figure it out. So the whole idea is ridiculous.
So work out a way to find out who did or didn't have ancestors who were slaves. Also I'm not sure where this idea most black peoples ancestors weren't slaves comes from. If you can trace your ancestors back 150+ years in North America your ancestors were likely slaves. They certainly weren't immigrants attempting to escape religious persecution.

And reparations don't necessarily have to be of direct monetary value. It could be reduced tuition costs or something that might benefit everyone including non-blacks in the long run.
Quote:So work out a way to find out who did or didn't have ancestors who were slaves. Also I'm not sure where this idea most black peoples ancestors weren't slaves comes from. If you can trace your ancestors back 150+ years in North America your ancestors were likely slaves. They certainly weren't immigrants attempting to escape religious persecution.

You probably have white ancestors and black ancestors. So I guess you owe money to your self. Pay yourself some money, whatever you think is reasonable, and move on.
Oprah's going to be MAD!
Quote:You probably have white ancestors and black ancestors. So I guess you owe money to your self. Pay yourself some money, whatever you think is reasonable, and move on.

My white ancestry if any is minimal, certainly hasn't been any in the past 200+ years. How can I pay myself money with my own money? Makes no sense.
Quote:My white ancestry if any is minimal, certainly hasn't been any in the past 200+ years. How can I pay myself money with my own money? Makes no sense.
Since all government money is tax payers dollars and I'm assuming you pay taxes where do you propose the government gets the money to pay you? Only white peoples tax dollars?
Quote:Since all government money is tax payers dollars and I'm assuming you pay taxes where do you propose the government gets the money to pay you? Only white peoples tax dollars?

The same place the US Govt got this money:http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...ium=social
Quote:The same place the US Govt got this money:http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...ium=social
Ok, so your are willing to contribute then. Alrighty. You do pay taxes correct?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13