Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: CJ Traded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
To Carolina for a 3rd and Dan Arnold. Carolina also gets a 5th
Not a fan of this trade. Derek Stingley would look good in teal
Oh thank deity!
Well the timing of this is awfully surprising.
Has to be something behind closed doors we don't know about.
What the hell is going on here?

Not sure how I feel about this. I mean if C.J. wasn't in our plans and his attitude wasn't with the team, then whatever.

Apparently we went after Dan Arnold in FA and he decided to join the Panthers - so we trade for him per 1010xl. Hopefully he doesn't turn into another disgruntled player not wanting to be here. I just don't see the difference between him and Jacob Hollister.

Maybe I'm wrong here.
(09-27-2021, 10:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of this trade.  Derek Stingley would look good in teal

Need Stingley or Thibodeaux for sure. Is Dan Arnold any good? He better become the best pass catching TE - a healthy O’Shag - for this to be a good trade. Otherwise it stinks. Henderson has high upside but appears very brittle.
(09-27-2021, 10:01 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Well the timing of this is awfully surprising.

I'm surprised it too so long.
Seems like he wanted out. Might as well get a TE in a trade.
Seems kind of weird to me. I thought CJ Henderson was our starting CB. And I thought he was doing pretty well. Then we trade him for Dan Arnold and a 3rd, and give up a 5th? That doesn't seem like a lot of value for a starting CB.
Another wasted first round pick.
(09-27-2021, 10:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Has to be something behind closed doors we don't know about.

Lol, because we haven't been telling your stubborn self this for months?
(09-27-2021, 10:07 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2021, 10:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of this trade.  Derek Stingley would look good in teal

Need Stingley or Thibodeaux for sure. Is Dan Arnold any good? He better become the best pass catching TE - a healthy O’Shag - for this to be a good trade. Otherwise it stinks. Henderson has high upside but appears very brittle.

Other than when Stingley got abused by Smith, he is a true shut down corner.  Stingley and Campbell would be a great set of corners
(09-27-2021, 10:08 AM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like he wanted out. Might as well get a TE in a trade.

Maybe that's it.  Otherwise, it doesn't seem like much value for a starting CB.
(09-27-2021, 10:08 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2021, 10:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Has to be something behind closed doors we don't know about.

Lol, because we haven't been telling your stubborn self this for months?

One can speculate all they want.  Nobody knows the true reason as of yet
Well on the bright side, we can realistically target a player like Derek Stingley Jr. and have it make sense to draft him.
This seems strange. CJ is very talented but apparently suffers from suspect motivation. Arnold instantly becomes our best TE but that's not exactly saying much. I don't get a lot of the moves Baalke is making. Seems to be flailing around with some of these choices.
(09-27-2021, 10:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2021, 10:08 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, because we haven't been telling your stubborn self this for months?

One can speculate all they want.  Nobody knows the true reason as of yet

Don't stop believin'
We are loaded with draft picks next year lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16