Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty -- Trump Co-Defendants going down like flies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Jenna Ellis (Attorney) Pleads Guilty

Sidney Powell (Attorney) Pleads Guilty

Kenneth Chesebro (Attorney) Pleads Guilty

Scott Hall (Bail Bondsman) Pleads Guilty

15 more co-defendants to go.

.... hopefully they update their LinkedIn page accordingly as they pursue their career...
For those playing along at home..

[Image: 20231024-115702.png]

And you might wanna check the sports forum..
(10-24-2023, 11:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering where my post went?  I mean, if it got merged with another thread, that could essentially be done with most new posts that are compiled.

Was the post deleted or moved?

Apparently, you posted in the wrong thread. Copy it from the All Sports Forum where it is now, delete it, and then post it here.
(10-24-2023, 11:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]For those playing along at home..

These folks pled guilty to felony charges homie.  They are now ineligible to practice law in most states.
They all pleaded Guilty !!!

(10-24-2023, 12:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2023, 11:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering where my post went?  I mean, if it got merged with another thread, that could essentially be done with most new posts that are compiled.

Was the post deleted or moved?

Apparently, you posted in the wrong thread. Copy it from the All Sports Forum where it is now, delete it, and then post it here.

Thanks --- I updated this thread and deleted the other.
(10-24-2023, 12:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2023, 11:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]For those playing along at home..

These folks pled guilty to felony charges homie.  They are now ineligible to practice law in most states.

They plead down because of $$$.. So they pay $5k and have some community service instead of spending big bucks fighting it. It was a fools errand to fight it.

Got em now!!
Our moderates love kangaroos.
(10-24-2023, 12:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

They did not plead guilty to felonies. All the felonies were dropped and they pleaded to 1 misdemeanor, pay a fine, and after 5 years or so the "conviction" disappears. None of them have even admitted guilt, they wrote carefully worded statements to say sorry but they didn't admit guilt of doing anything wrong.

They were charged with a bunch of felonies and even though there was no evidence of any wrongdoing, it wasn't worth the money and time for most of these people to fight. It also wasn't worth it for the DA to try and get a conviction. They weren't ready for court and didn't have the resources to take all the cases separately.

Both sides get wins, the state can say they got convictions and the defendants don't have to spend the money fighting the junk charges.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Seeing a push on social media calling for the abolishment of the Plea Deal System.. I agree..

https://twitter.com/BrandonStraka/status...Hp4ZQ&s=19

"None of this would be happening if these prosecutors were forced to PROVE their cases, and not abuse the law by hideously overcharging people to the point of overwhelming them financially, emotionally, and practically- then saying, “all of this goes away if you just plead guilty, and apologize publicly for a wrongdoing that we’re making up”.

The media (which once existed to challenge the establishment, but is now the VOICE of the establishment) is 100% complicit in all of this. I don’t believe for a second that any of these people are “flipping on Trump” because the media says so.

What the media wants more than anything is to destroy conservative America. They want to orchestrate division, sew mistrust, cause people to turn on each other, and destroy people’s lives. They have only one job- aid and abet the evil dealings of the Democrat Party."
(10-24-2023, 04:27 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Our moderates love kangaroos.

And bananas too.
Plea deals are widely abused in the US. Prosecutors overcharge to coerce guilty pleas all the time.

But RICO law basically requires this. RICO law exists because without it, no prosecutor would ever be able to prove who did what pm complex cases. Each person would be tried individually and they would all point fingers at each other. Think of the Casey Anthony case. She blamed it on her mom and dad. But they weren't on trial. She walked. You have to apply pressure to all the people who could have been involved to reveal the truth. So it's the one exception, the one time when overcharging is justified.

Back to Georgia. It's a very simple law and a very simple case. Did you lie to a government official about something related to their duties? Did you conspire to get others to do the same? The guilty pleas so far have been, they agree that they lied, and the conspiracy/RICO charges are dropped. Are you going to argue that Jenna Ellis didn't lie to government officials? Of course she did. It happened on camera. You could argue that it was someone else's idea for her to lie, and it probably was. That's why the RICO charges for her were dropped. SOMEBODY conspired to get all these people to lie. Georgia is narrowing it down. They didn't all have the same idea at the same time with no coordination.
Lol. Mental gymnastics. RICO law was designed to do exactly what its doing now. We just didn't care because it was used on actual criminals.

Now I realize how abusive it is, but you are a believer.
(10-25-2023, 09:41 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Lol. Mental gymnastics. RICO law was designed to do exactly what its doing now. We just didn't care because it was used on actual criminals.

Now I realize how abusive it is, but you are a believer.

Which clauses are sarcasm and which are you sincere beliefs?
(10-24-2023, 07:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing a push on social media calling for the abolishment of the Plea Deal System.. I agree..

Everyone wants to abolish the system when things don't go their way.  If there is no plea deal then they must go by the law in which all these peeps would be in jail for breaking the law.

In any event, we should be focusing on abolishing the right for any president to grant pardons to convicted felons.  It's been abused by presidents of both parties.   I mean seriously, if Hunter Biden were to be convicted during Biden's tenure as president, then Joe Biden has the right to pardon him .... am I missing something?
(10-27-2023, 11:12 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2023, 07:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing a push on social media calling for the abolishment of the Plea Deal System.. I agree..

Everyone wants to abolish the system when things don't go their way.  If there is no plea deal then they must go by the law in which all these peeps would be in jail for breaking the law.

In any event, we should be focusing on abolishing the right for any president to grant pardons to convicted felons.  It's been abused by presidents of both parties.   I mean seriously, if Hunter Biden were to be convicted during Biden's tenure as president, then Joe Biden has the right to pardon him .... am I missing something?

Yeah, you're missing the point where The Plea system is designed for you to admit guilt for a lesser charge even when no guilty actions were taken. It's criminal because it can give the false indication of being guilty.
(10-27-2023, 11:26 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2023, 11:12 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone wants to abolish the system when things don't go their way.  If there is no plea deal then they must go by the law in which all these peeps would be in jail for breaking the law.

Yeah, you're missing the point where The Plea system is designed for you to admit guilt for a lesser charge even when no guilty actions were taken. It's criminal because it can give the false indication of being guilty.

Plea deals are used to save money. Whether it’s for the state to save prosecution costs, or defendants to avoid being bankrupted.
(10-27-2023, 11:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2023, 11:26 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, you're missing the point where The Plea system is designed for you to admit guilt for a lesser charge even when no guilty actions were taken. It's criminal because it can give the false indication of being guilty.

Plea deals are used to save money. Whether it’s for the state to save prosecution costs, or defendants to avoid being bankrupted.

Yes they are.. So people have to falsely admit guilty in order to save their bank accounts. It's crooked..
(10-27-2023, 11:57 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2023, 11:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Plea deals are used to save money. Whether it’s for the state to save prosecution costs, or defendants to avoid being bankrupted.

Yes they are.. So people have to falsely admit guilty in order to save their bank accounts. It's crooked..

I'm no legal expert at all but to me if someone gets charged and is found innocent the prosecution should have to foot the legal bill. 

I think that would cut back at least on just charging whoever to get the burners cooking and playing for a plea deal.
Funny how no one complains about plea deals when they think the information collected from the deal is putting a greater criminal behind bars.

They're just fine in that scenario, LOL

Hopefully a few of these particular idiots taking deals flip some useful info on the ringleader of this criminal conspiracy and the deals function as designed.
(10-28-2023, 05:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Funny how no one complains about plea deals when they think the information collected from the deal is putting a greater criminal behind bars.

They're just fine in that scenario, LOL

Hopefully a few of these particular idiots taking deals flip some useful info on the ringleader of this criminal conspiracy and the deals function as designed.

I agree with you but most plea deals are for crimes involving only one perp.
If they were only ever used to unravel conspiracies we might not be having this conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13