Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: UGA student murdered by Biden open border policies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Really sad. This will only get worse. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/laken-riley-c...ts-slaying
Biden doesn't give a [BLEEP].. Neither does his supporters.
Biden asked Congress for additional authority to close the border and additional personnel to enforce a stricter policy.

They said no.
(02-24-2024, 10:09 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Biden asked Congress for additional authority to close the border and additional personnel to enforce a stricter policy.

They said no.

No, Biden is holding the border hostage in order to flood Ukraine with our money..

Biden is a piece of [BLEEP] and so is everyone that votes for him.

That's a fact.
(02-24-2024, 10:09 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Biden asked Congress for additional authority to close the border and additional personnel to enforce a stricter policy.

They said no.

Current laws aren't being enforced, you ghoul.

They said no.

You are so easily gaslighted, dude. It would make me laugh it wasn't so sad.
(02-24-2024, 10:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

They said no.

Current laws aren't being enforced, you ghoul.

The current law says you are released if you claim asylum until a judge can decide.  And it doesn't fund enough judges.

Biden's only option is basically an emergency declaration, which, haven't we had enough of those?

(02-24-2024, 10:22 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]

They said no.

No, Biden is holding the border hostage in order to flood Ukraine with our money..

That's a fact.

There was Ukraine and Israel funding attached to the Lankford bill, yes.

That wasn't the reason that the Republicans in the House pounced on it.  Their objections were entirely over the immigration and border provisions.  You guys posted the tweets at the time! None of them were about Ukraine.

And not for nothing, Ukraine should get more of our money and ammo.  If you had any vision you would know that this affair ends with the remainder of Ukraine in NATO.  The other members of NATO want that remainder to be as large and defensible as possible.

(02-24-2024, 10:57 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]

They said no.

You gaslight yourself.
(02-24-2024, 11:04 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2024, 10:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Current laws aren't being enforced, you ghoul.

The current law says you are released if you claim asylum until a judge can decide.  And it doesn't fund enough judges.

Biden's only option is basically an emergency declaration, which, haven't we had enough of those?

(02-24-2024, 10:22 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]No, Biden is holding the border hostage in order to flood Ukraine with our money..

That's a fact.

That wasn't the reason that the Republicans in the House pounced on it.  Their objections were entirely over the immigration and border provisions.  You guys posted the tweets at the time! None of them were about Ukraine.

And not for nothing, Ukraine should get more of our money and ammo.  If you had any vision you would know that this affair ends with the remainder of Ukraine in NATO.  The other members of NATO want that remainder to be as large and defensible as possible.

(02-24-2024, 10:57 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]You are so easily gaslighted, dude. It would make me laugh it wasn't so sad.

You gaslight yourself.

What a stupid thing to even want.

Cuban Missile Crisis was started by the United States. Not Russia and not Cuba.

We decided to put IRBMs in Turkey. Turkey borders Russia. They were forced to react. 

This is the same [BLEEP] thing.
(02-24-2024, 11:04 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ][quote pid="1610322" dateline="1708786667"]

You gaslight yourself.
[/quote]

Ooh... good one. 

This administration has done nothing for 3 years with regards to the border. We've let in a whole new state (for all intents and purposes) of illegal immigrants into this country. Now that it's an election year, they attach an unpopular expense to a border bill, and you blame Republicans for shooting it down and excuse this administration for causing it. It's sad, but I'm gaslit, lol. Here's an idea, if democrats want to fund Ukraine, make a separate Ukraine bill instead of trying to connect it to an issue they caused.  It's odd to me how comfortable you are with being extorted. 
(02-24-2024, 10:57 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]You are so easily gaslighted, dude. It would make me laugh it wasn't so sad.

You gaslight yourself.

You gaslight yourself.

You gaslight yourself.
(02-24-2024, 11:28 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2024, 11:04 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]You gaslight yourself.

Ooh... good one. 

This administration has done nothing for 3 years with regards to the border. We've let in a whole new state (for all intents and purposes) of illegal immigrants into this country. Now that it's an election year, they attach an unpopular expense to a border bill, and you blame Republicans for shooting it down and excuse this administration for causing it. It's sad, but I'm gaslit, lol. Here's an idea, if democrats want to fund Ukraine, make a separate Ukraine bill instead of trying to connect it to an issue they caused.  It's odd to me how comfortable you are with being extorted. 

Trump did nothing on the border until covid.  All those separated children were eventually released and nothing (good) was accomplished.
The authority isn't there.
(02-24-2024, 11:12 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2024, 11:04 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The current law says you are released if you claim asylum until a judge can decide.  And it doesn't fund enough judges.

You gaslight yourself.

What a stupid thing to even want.

Cuban Missile Crisis was started by the United States. Not Russia and not Cuba.

We decided to put IRBMs in Turkey. Turkey borders Russia. They were forced to react. 

This is the same [BLEEP] thing.

Ah more nattering negativity from the Blame America First crowd...

Turkey wanted us to counter the Soviets there.  The Russian empire literally, openly listed the re-Christianization of Constantinople as one of their WWI aims.  The Soviets would have definitely made a play for the straits if they detected weakness.
(02-24-2024, 12:00 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2024, 11:28 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh... good one. 

Trump did nothing on the border until covid.  All those separated children were eventually released and nothing (good) was accomplished.
The authority isn't there.

Executive Order 13767 (Border Wall): Issued on January 25, 2017, this order directed the construction of a wall along the southern border of the United States to deter illegal immigration and drug smuggling.

Executive Order 13768 (Sanctuary Cities): Issued on January 25, 2017, this order aimed to enforce federal immigration laws against all removable aliens and directed the withholding of federal funding from sanctuary cities that refuse to comply with these laws.

Travel Ban (Executive Order 13769): Signed on January 27, 2017, and later revised, this executive order restricted entry into the United States for citizens of several predominantly Muslim countries, citing security concerns. It was challenged in courts and underwent several revisions.

Ending DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals): Announced on September 5, 2017, the Trump administration attempted to end DACA, which protected eligible immigrant youth from deportation. Legal challenges kept the program alive, and the Supreme Court ultimately blocked the termination in June 2020.

Zero Tolerance Policy and Family Separation: Announced in April 2018, this policy aimed at deterring illegal immigration led to the prosecution of all adults illegally crossing the border, resulting in the separation of thousands of children from their parents.

Migrant Protection Protocols (Remain in Mexico Policy): Announced on December 20, 2018, this policy required asylum seekers arriving via the southern border to remain in Mexico while their asylum claims were processed in the U.S. immigration courts.

Safe Third Country Agreements: Throughout 2019, the administration signed agreements with Guatemala (July 26, 2019), El Salvador (September 20, 2019), and Honduras (September 25, 2019), requiring migrants to seek asylum in the first safe country they entered on their way to the U.S.

Public Charge Rule: Finalized on August 14, 2019, this rule expanded the definition of a "public charge," making it more difficult for immigrants who used certain government benefits to obtain green cards.

H-1B Visa Changes: Introduced several changes to the H-1B visa program to prioritize higher-paid and higher-skilled workers, affecting the selection process and application criteria.

Tightening Asylum Rules: The administration introduced several policies aimed at tightening the criteria for asylum, including barring entry to immigrants who passed through another country without seeking protection there first (July 2019).

Want me to do Biden's? Because it pretty much looks like the opposite of that. Also, it's pretty clear that Trump was actively initiating border policies throughout his Presidency. I'm old enough to remember AOC crying at the border, and the media showing pictures of kid's in cages that were taken under the Obama administration.

So, for funsies, Biden had several policies out of the gate, undoing Trump's policies. Then nothing until this year. His administration intentionally created the problem. Here you go...

Ending the Border Wall Construction: On January 20, 2021, President Biden signed Proclamation 10142, halting the construction of the border wall by terminating the national emergency declaration used to fund it under the Trump administration.

Preserving and Fortifying DACA: On his first day in office, January 20, 2021, President Biden also signed a memorandum directing the Secretary of Homeland Security to take appropriate actions to preserve and fortify DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), which protects eligible immigrants brought to the U.S. as children from deportation.

Revoking the Travel Ban: On January 20, 2021, through Executive Order 13993, President Biden revoked the Trump administration's travel bans, which primarily affected several predominantly Muslim and African countries, directing the State Department to resume visa processing for those countries and develop approaches to address the harm caused to individuals stranded by the ban.

Ending the Migrant Protection Protocols (Remain in Mexico Policy): On January 20, 2021, President Biden issued an executive order ending the Migrant Protection Protocols policy, which required asylum seekers arriving at the southern border to wait in Mexico while their claims were processed.

Establishing a Task Force on the Reunification of Families: On February 2, 2021, through Executive Order 14011, President Biden created a task force aimed at reuniting children and parents who were separated at the U.S.-Mexico border under the previous administration's policies.

Increasing Refugee Admissions: On February 4, 2021, President Biden issued an executive order aimed at rebuilding and enhancing the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), including plans to increase the number of refugees admitted to the U.S.

Creating a More Humane Asylum System: Through various executive actions and policy changes, the Biden administration has sought to create a more efficient and humane asylum system, including ending the policy that barred asylum seekers who passed through another country from seeking asylum in the U.S.

Expanding Legal Immigration Avenues: The Biden administration has proposed and implemented policies to expand legal immigration pathways, including efforts to clear visa backlog, improve the processing of work permits, and increase the accessibility of the green card system.

Temporary Protected Status (TPS) Adjustments: The administration has expanded TPS for nationals of certain countries experiencing unsafe conditions due to natural disasters or conflict, allowing them to live and work in the U.S. temporarily.

Developing a Collaborative Migration Management Strategy: The Biden administration has worked on engaging with other countries to address the root causes of migration, improve regional cooperation, and manage migration in a humane and secure manner.
I mean, just look at these charts from the Washington Post of all places... You're so freaking gullible, man.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigrati...-compared/
Executive orders are generally challenged in the courts and not followed exactly for a variety of reasons. The only one Trump did that might have had some impact (because it was actually legal) was the remain in Mexico policy, and Biden was wrong to end that.
The main drivers of illegal immigration rates are rumors spread over WhatsApp. When Trump was in office the rumors were negative. When Biden came in they were positive. The policy didnt actually change much, just the rumors

The main driver of the rate of encounters is whether the illegal immigrants want to be encountered. The last 2 years of the Trump administration they were generally sent back to Mexico, so they didn't want to be found. Under Biden they are given a court date but allowed to stay, hence, many of them self report now, driving up the number of encounters even if the number of crossers hasn't changed. The paper they get not only has a court date, it also says they can't work for 6 months. Which is hard. Some of them obviously disobey that, some don't.

All of this against the backdrop of, unless you put them on a bus to somewhere with mandatory housing laws where they have no family contact, they usually blend right in and don't cause much trouble. Unemployment is still extremely low and many places of employment are short staffed.
Even if I accept everything you said is true, which I rarely do because you're so often wrong, you're still just providing a long winded example of how democrats caused this problem.
(02-24-2024, 07:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Even if I accept everything you said is true, which I rarely do because you're so often wrong, you're still just providing a long winded example of how democrats caused this problem.

The remain in Mexico policy should have remained in place, I agree, but even so we had much more people coming over in the 1890 to 1920 time period and it was fine.
(02-25-2024, 09:58 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2024, 07:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Even if I accept everything you said is true, which I rarely do because you're so often wrong, you're still just providing a long winded example of how democrats caused this problem.

The remain in Mexico policy should have remained in place, I agree, but even so we had much more people coming over in the 1890 to 1920 time period and it was fine.

Illegally?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9