Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are the Jacksonville Jaguars next in line for relocation to London?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I was watching ESPN and Ashley Foxx was discussing about the league's desire to put a team in London and they will vote on it in 2020. Its being reported that Shad is having a practice facility being built and i truly hope this isn't the first step of our team being ripped from us as a city. I love the NFL and most importantly, i love my team like a family member so it would break my heart if i have to suffer the same fate as a fan just like the citizens of San Diego, Oakland and St. Louis respectively. I hope someone on here can shed light on the latest reports and i truly hope that Shad is truly committed to the city of Jacksonville. If it's not this team Ashley Foxx referring to in her recent live report on Sportscenter then what other team being placed in London if that's the league desires in the near future? 

I can shed something on those reports, but I'm afraid it'll have to wait until my regularly-scheduled morning throne time.
Quote:I can shed something on those reports, but I'm afraid it'll have to wait until my regularly-scheduled morning throne time.
thanks for being a jerk about the situation 
Quote:thanks for being a jerk about the situation
It's how I feel about reports on the Jags moving.

I've listened to it for over a decade now.

3 teams moved in 1 year in that time frame, none being the Jags.

I'll crap on it in the morning.
Quote:It's how I feel about reports on the Jags moving.

I've listened to it for over a decade now.

3 teams moved in 1 year in that time frame, none being the Jags.

I'll crap on it in the morning.
If that's how you feel then fine but i just asked the question base on the latest report and i do not want it to be the case. Come on man don't act like this when i'm just asking a question to make sure we're not being disrespected the same way.
Quote:If that's how you feel then fine but i just asked the question base on the latest report and i do not want it to be the case. Come on man don't act like this when i'm just asking a question to make sure we're not being disrespected the same way.
I'm not trying to disrespect you, I'm trying to calm you down. You should feel the same way I do. People have been saying this crap for years. Our teams gonna start winning soon, screw Ashley what's her name and her London reports.

Khans the 2nd richest owner already. He's got more to prove by making Jacksonville viable than he does by making money in London, if you ask me.

You should crap on the report.
If they do decide to put a team there, it'd be shocking if it wasn't us, right? But it's very unpopular idea with fans and players, so hopefully that helps.
Quote:I'm not trying to disrespect you, I'm trying to calm you down. You should feel the same way I do. People have been saying this crap for years. Our teams gonna start winning soon, screw Ashley what's her name and her London reports.

Khans the 2nd richest owner already. He's got more to prove by making Jacksonville viable than he does by making money in London, if you ask me.

You should crap on the report.
Oh okay i apologize to you my man and please forgive me for overreacting to your previous post. You're right i should dismiss it and what i'm going to do now but i had to ask anyway because i was concerned about the situation. 
Quote:If they do decide to put a team there, it'd be shocking if it wasn't us, right? But it's very unpopular idea with fans and players, so hopefully that helps.

If I could take us back to 09, tell everyone 3 teams would re-locate in the next decade, and bet whoever $1 million the Jags wouldn't be one of those teams, majority of the people in Jacksonville would've taken that bet.

Now let's talk about shocking. 3 teams, 1 year, one of those had a 55 year history.

Team ain't movin folks.
Quote:Oh okay i apologize to you my man and please forgive me for overreacting to your previous post. You're right i should dismiss it and what i'm going to do now but i had to ask anyway because i was concerned about the situation.
You're a Jags fan. We all are. It's been a sore subject, and one we've all worried about for years.

3 teams moving in 1 year gives us the chance to breathe a sigh of relief. Screw Ashley whatever thinking the Jags are next because the 2nd richest owner in the NFL decided to build a practice stadium for his team that plays there every year.
Quote:If I could take us back to 09, tell everyone 3 teams would re-locate in the next decade, and bet whoever $1 million the Jags wouldn't be one of those teams, majority of the people in Jacksonville would've taken that bet.

Now let's talk about shocking. 3 teams, 1 year, one of those had a 55 year history.

Team ain't movin folks.

That's a good point, it's just given Khan's interest in London, and that we are already the home team there, it seems natural. I could see it being the Bills maybe or one of the LA teams (assuming they don't succeed there).
Quote:That's a good point, it's just given Khan's interest in London, and that we are already the home team there, it seems natural. I could see it being the Bills maybe or one of the LA teams (assuming they don't succeed there).

Shad Khan is a legitimate billionaire who has far more to gain by making Jacksonville, a city many consider having no business being considered a major U.S. location, a legitimate football and economically sound town.

Look at the dudes history. He prides himself off doing the stuff people think is unlikely to impossible. He doesn't care about making a few xtra dollars in london. He's building the practice facility over there so he can corner a market and build a brand, all the while making money hand over fist, all the while owning the team from Jacksonville and only sacrificing 1 game a year, which a quarter of the league does already anyway. The man is absolutely nothing short of brilliant, business wise.

I might be wrong, but I'd bet heavy otherwise.
If Shad Khan wanted to move us to London, why is he building the 5,000 seat amphitheater here and trying to lure the combine/draft to Jacksonville? Why would he build the worlds largest video scoreboards and the nicest locker rooms in the NFL? He also had a verbal gentleman's agreement with the Weavers to not move the team. I think Khan is a man of his word and all these signs are pointing to him keeping the team in town and investing in the city. 

I think what Khan wants is for the Jaguars to be an international team. Home is always Duval but we have a lot of games overseas and we have a wider fan base.

The Bills seem like a good candidate to move. That stadium must be nearly 50 years old, buffalo is a small market, and it sucks. Maybe they can move to Toronto or something. 

No.

The nfl would be idiots to put a team in london but hey ho back to the rumor mill it goes

I dont see it being the jags anyway
Moving a team overseas permanently just seems like the NFL being too cocky. Football is an american sport, its just not going to become mainstay anywhere else.
Quote:I was watching ESPN and Ashley Foxx was discussing about the league's desire to put a team in London and they will vote on it in 2020. Its being reported that Shad is having a practice facility being built and i truly hope this isn't the first step of our team being ripped from us as a city. I love the NFL and most importantly, i love my team like a family member so it would break my heart if i have to suffer the same fate as a fan just like the citizens of San Diego, Oakland and St. Louis respectively. I hope someone on here can shed light on the latest reports and i truly hope that Shad is truly committed to the city of Jacksonville. If it's not this team Ashley Foxx referring to in her recent live report on Sportscenter then what other team being placed in London if that's the league desires in the near future? 

I don't think respectively means what you think it means here.
ESPN? People actually watch that? You do have to give them credit, though, they were fake news before it was hip. Trendsetters, as it turns out.
Quote:ESPN? People actually watch that? You do have to give them credit, though, they were fake news before it was hip. Trendsetters, as it turns out.

C'mon bro. Mark Brunell and stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10