Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Game of thrones (spoilers obviously)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
So wth I guess John snow is staying dead?
I guess, unless there is an angle where the Red Witch resurrects him.
I dont think so, just based on one of the trailers (dont remember if it was the first or second one). 

I could've done without naked grandma at the end 

Quote:I dont think so, just based on one of the trailers (dont remember if it was the first or second one).

I could've done without naked grandma at the end

Yea that was gross
Still think Jon will be back. Seems pointless to have the buildup as to his parents are and the intense stare down with the Night's King at Hardhome, just to have Jon killed off for good.

What's the point of showing the red lady being old? How deceptive she is? How strong her magic is? That she's more experienced than she seems?
Crappy show, crappy book.

Lowest common denominator showing clearly......
Quote:What's the point of showing the red lady being old? How deceptive she is? How strong her magic is? That she's more experienced than she seems?

As I understand it, it was some modicum of confirmation of just how old she was. In the books, it is alluded that Melisandre is much older than she should be. I reckon this was just their way of backing that. 
Is there any reason Jon Snow couldn't become a white walker?

Quote:Is there any reason Jon Snow couldn't become a white walker?

He's on the correct side of the wall.
Quote:What's the point of showing the red lady being old? How deceptive she is? How strong her magic is? That she's more experienced than she seems?

All three seem valid.
Quote:I guess, unless there is an angle where the Red Witch resurrects him.

I'm sure she will.  Thoros of Myr resurrected Beric Dondarion when he was at his lowest in faith and had largely given up on the religion.  I think what we saw last night was the red woman losing her faith due to misinterpreting the flames.  Bringing Jon back will reignite her faith like it did to Thoros.

All in all the seasons have gotten worse, I used to love this show but how they have handled things like Dorne is awful, even the dialogue has gotten terrible where it used to be great.  Its like the writers gave up. 
Am I a bad man for reveling in every moment of sadness experienced by Sersei Lannister, even if it meant a sweet girl died?

I think she's powering up for Jon.

Also heard that the necklace might be keeping her young since it kinda pulsed as she was taking it off.
I agree that the show is somewhat on the decline, as soon as it started getting ahead of the progress of the books. It's a very successful show, and everyone involved (actors, writers, directors, etc.) are probably getting the attention and better offers for other shows and movies, that they already have one foot out the door and just trying to wrap up the HBO contract.

The comedy bit with the Dothraki was on par with just about anything Tyrion has said. 

this show is losing aot of my interest. not like it matters to the production staff or people and im pretty sure I am alone with most of my thoughts on this, but the show has really hit a low point that im not sure they can over come at least for me. like I said, I am sure I am alone on this one, but I personally hate the acting, role, and actress who is khalessee. she has destroyed that role but the production staff insists on making over come ridiculous things only to make half wit people love her even more. she is one of many glaring problems with the show but unfortunately will not die. I am sure I would be alone but I would celebrate the hell out of Geoffrey level death for that piece of trash actress. on top of that, like TWD, this shows staff gets off on killing off or brutally maiming beloved characters because of the ridiculous belief that any emotion association is good even if it sad or bad. as if killing NED in the first season wasn't enough, they have made it appoint to gain viwers attachment only to kill for rating purposes almost every time. I loved this show a lot so it does pain me that I am beginning to feel this way about it, but I can not help it. last night was all time low because I honestly didn't flinch at anything that happened and wasn't emotionally pushed whatsoever by anything that occurred. sadly I was more interesting in silicon valley which should be a fraction as interesting as GoT but at this point has taken my vote. I never thought I would say this but I think I am done with Game Of Thrones. I really couldn't care less what happens this season.

Quote:The comedy bit with the Dothraki was on par with just about anything Tyrion has said. 

"Cut off her head" will soon be a new meme...sadly, I could not find a suitable pic to create one.

I personally am pleased with the presence of Varys. I love the Varys-Tyrion alliance and fully believe when the dust settles one of these guys will be on the Iron Throne. Smile
Quote:So wth I guess John snow is staying dead?
Jon will be back, whether its Melisandre that does it, or Bran, Jon will be back.  He won't be the same Jon(snow), but he will be back.

But yeah, as for the show, I still enjoy it. They are still loosely sticking to the script(books), but there are obvious changes that are pretty major.

Can't believe they just straight up killed the last of the Martell's, and last season pretty much ended the line of Baratheon's as well, besides "illegitimate children" that is. Oh well, I guess they have to cut down on the cast each season so changes are bound to be made. Also, Areo Hotah going down like he did was pretty bunk, he's one of the best fighters in the world and he didn't get any screen time at all to show that, just one shot of him twirling his halberd up to Jaime's neck, big whoop.

I really wish GRRM would hurry up with The Winds of Winter, it's getting ridiculous.

Quote:Jon will be back, whether its Melisandre that does it, or Bran, Jon will be back.  He won't be the same Jon(snow), but he will be back.

But yeah, as for the show, I still enjoy it. They are still loosely sticking to the script(books), but there are obvious changes that are pretty major.

Can't believe they just straight up killed the last of the Martell's, and last season pretty much ended the line of Baratheon's as well, besides "illegitimate children" that is. Oh well, I guess they have to cut down on the cast each season so changes are bound to be made. Also, Areo Hotah going down like he did was pretty bunk, he's one of the best fighters in the world and he didn't get any screen time at all to show that, just one shot of him twirling his halberd up to Jaime's neck, big whoop.

I really wish GRRM would hurry up with The Winds of Winter, it's getting ridiculous.

all the great houses have seemed to be robbed of their people and heirs, probably to help dany out when she gets to westeros
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27