Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: When is Caldwell's press conference?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I forgot

needs to be this week. he's getting a pass for some reason for all his busts

Lol "all his busts". His first draft was bad (he'd been GM for a few months and was using Gene Smith's scouts) but his second was probably the best this team has ever had.

Smh.

i'm counting his FA pickups/decisions too

Beadles

Hood

Gerhart

Brown

Clemons

Hayes

Letting go of:

Forsett (and replacing him with Gerhart and DRob SMH)

Smith 

both guys are ballin with their current team

that's in addition to his terrible 13 Draft.

this past offseason, he declared that he had "checked off" all the boxes as far as our needs go. Yet here we are with a roster that still has a million holes.

It's tomorrow.

Bortles

Marks

Miller

ARob

Hurns

Linder

Telvin

those are the moves that have been great. Everything else is pending. So far, he's about 50/50

are you cool with that?

How many of

Beadles

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Hood

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Gerhart

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Brown

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Clemons

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Hayes

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Are/were on long-term contracts that made it difficult to cut them? Those guys are/were short term guys. He's only made one serious FA signing and he's turning out pretty well (Thomas). He said that he wasn't building through FA and that's exactly how it's been going. He's got the main guys on the team (Bortles, Yeldon, Robinson, Hurns, Linder and Telvin) in the draft.

You guys act like his 3 year plan should have been without flaw. Sometimes things don't work and or go according to plan. Caldwell is likely going to be the GM for sometime and Bradley is the head coach next year so quit complaining. Their is a lot of positives to this team and with a another good draft and free agency we should be much better next year.

Quote:How many of

Beadles

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Hood

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Gerhart

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Brown

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Clemons

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Hayes

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Are/were on long-term contracts that made it difficult to cut them? Those guys are/were short term guys. He's only made one serious FA signing and he's turning out pretty well (Thomas). He said that he wasn't building through FA and that's exactly how it's been going. He's got the main guys on the team (Bortles, Yeldon, Robinson, Hurns, Linder and Telvin) in the draft.
House has been pretty decent as well minus when he plays Hopkins.
Quote:You guys act like his 3 year plan should have been without flaw. Sometimes things don't work and or go according to plan. Caldwell is likely going to be the GM for sometime and Bradley is the head coach next year so quit complaining. Their is a lot of positives to this team and with a another good draft and free agency we should be much better next year.
Lol it's just rocdee. He expects every FA signing to be awesome and cries when a guy on an average contract who is easily cuttable doesn't pan out. If you only sign sure-fire guys you don't sign anyone because nobody is sure to pan out.

No GM or expert is 100%, nowhere near. Caldwell has brought in plenty of good guys so far.
Quote:House has been pretty decent as well minus when he plays Hopkins.
and Julio

but i won't beat him up for that
Not to mention Caldwell's biggest bust.........

[Image: 20130118-bradley.jpg]

Quote:Lol it's just rocdee. He expects every FA signing to be awesome and cries when a guy on an average contract who is easily cuttable doesn't pan out. If you only sign sure-fire guys you don't sign anyone because nobody is sure to pan out.

No GM or expert is 100%, nowhere near. Caldwell has brought in plenty of good guys so far.
If this is the case, then why fire any GM? You're giving him every excuse in the world but you don't see it. 

You still haven't addressed how Caldwell deemed every box checked this past offseason
Let's be honest here, guys.....let's look at our needs as it stands

LT

RB (backup)

C

LG

LEO

FS

SS

CB

come on, fellas. Three drafts in and that many needs. We could draft any position with the 5th pick and it's be perfect. Why are you giving this guy excuses?

Quote:If this is the case, then why fire any GM? You're giving him every excuse in the world but you don't see it. 

You still haven't addressed how Caldwell deemed every box checked this past offseason
You fire GM's when they miss in multiple drafts and on big free agents.
I wouldn't trade Caldwell for any other GM. Honest to God. I think he's done amazing so far.
Quote:You fire GM's when they miss in multiple drafts and on big free agents.
Ok i hear you, but address the other information. Let's have a discussion. Why do we have so many needs still?
Quote:I wouldn't trade Caldwell for any other GM. Honest to God. I think he's done amazing so far.

I think he's done a very good job. He comes from the Polian tree, so it doesn't suprise me that he knows offensive talent. Let see what he can do with full focus on the defense, now.
Quote:If this is the case, then why fire any GM? You're giving him every excuse in the world but you don't see it. 

Every signing improved upon the predecessor, that it how you check off every box each offseason. This offseason you do it again... that's how you get better.
Quote:Every signing improved upon the predecessor, that it how you check off every box each offseason. This offseason you do it again... that's how you get better.
we have at least EIGHT NEEDS. what are we improving on?

can't believe you believe that so long as we get a little better, then eventually we'll be okay.

By that logic, how many drafts will the "rebuild" take??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12