Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Quote from Shad Khan on Dave and Gus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
It doesn't look like either is going anywhere anytime soon.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanDeen/stat...7852661760
Quote:It doesn't look like either is going anywhere anytime soon.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanDeen/stat...7852661760
He's damn near apologizing for not firing one or both of them.
I'm okay with giving Gus the whole season. If he can't get to 6 wins though, and thats a tall order right now, he's gotta go.
"If you know football, regrettably, it's the right thing to do."

If you know football, you know that the Jaguars are in the middle of one of the worst year-by-year stretches in NFL history.

Not since the realignment. Not since the merger. History. Period.

If the Jaguars finish with less than 5 wins this year I do believe they will be the first team in NFL history to finish with less than five wins in five straight seasons.

He was asked? If so, he is lying. Gus is a goner.
Terrible owner. As far as the rest of the [BLEEP] he does for the city I don't care because I don't live there.
Quote:I'm okay with giving Gus the whole season. If he can't get to 6 wins though, and thats a tall order right now, he's gotta go.
This^

Let Marrone get his interview with everyone else at years end if Gus keeps this ship sinking deeper.  At least Khan knows the available mid season replacements aren't better options at this point in the season. 

I guess beer prices and "Emotional" med sales should rise from now through January.

Hopefully these pointless, midseason fire everyone threads do the opposite.  

:thanks:   I'll be here all season.

What is he going to say really?  You have to stay supportive in the public eye until the minute you let them go.  I think he'll stick the season out but if we don't surpass last year's 3 wins (and it doesn't look like we will), I can't imagine Gus would be back and maybe not Dave.

I'm starting to question him as an owner after that comment if it's true. SMH I just hope its bs media talk

Quote:What is he going to say really?  You have to stay supportive in the public eye until the minute you let them go.  I think he'll stick the season out but if we don't surpass last year's 3 wins (and it doesn't look like we will), I can't imagine Gus would be back and maybe not Dave.

This.  ^ 

Khan's not gonna' start bashing his staff before the bye-week.  Probably never will.  Doesn't mean he won't ask DC to find a new coach if the current trend continues. 
10 wins since he's been owner in 4 years. This guy. LOL!
We got the stupidest owner. All hes worried about is London. We have the worst coach in the league and lets have patience. So lame.
Quote:What is he going to say really?  You have to stay supportive in the public eye until the minute you let them go.  I think he'll stick the season out but if we don't surpass last year's 3 wins (and it doesn't look like we will), I can't imagine Gus would be back and maybe not Dave.
This. I feel like its just media fluff.
Quote:This. I feel like its just media fluff.
Hope you guys are right.
Quote:We got the stupidest owner. All hes worried about is London. We have the worst coach in the league and lets have patience. So lame.
Sooooooooo.....Would you rather us tank this year or who would you hire tonight to get us to 6-10?  That's .500 the last 10 games of the year.  Show me this light you see.
Im not surprised. Shad does not have alot of football knowledge. Hes a businessman. Expect to be in the gutter for awhile.
Quote:Sooooooooo.....Would you rather us tank this year or who would you hire tonight to get us to 6-10? That's .500 the last 10 games of the year. Show me this light you see.

Nobody said tank. Id fire Gus during the bye week, let Marrone take over, see what he can do the rest of the way. He cant do any worse. And if we still suck, we bring in a guy like Sean Peyton or Josh McDaniels.
Honestly from an owner stand point, that's the right thing to say. Obviously he'll address things if we can't turn it around by season end, but do you really want him bashing Gus to the media? The owner/GM/HC trio is probably the most important thing to be in sync to build a franchise. I'd rather a patient owner than one who wants to blow it up every year. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's working this go around.

We have one of the easier schedules to end the season, let's see how things play out first.
Quote:Terrible owner. As far as the rest of the [BAD WORD REMOVED] he does for the city I don't care because I don't live there.

You will be a huge loss to the fan base...  Rolleyes
Quote:Nobody said tank. Id fire Gus during the bye week, let Marrone take over, see what he can do the rest of the way. He cant do any worse. And if we still suck, we bring in a guy like Sean Peyton or Josh McDaniels.
I've already agreed on a new HC if this garbage continues, so Marrone it is.  What would you expect as your 'Keep Marrone' final record over the last 9 games?  Same starters?  Same Defense?  What should he, or any coach, do to make the players tackle and 'ya know' actually listen to the coaches and get aggressive?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17