Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Do we expect Fowler to come back 100% from his injury?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I suppose someone in the orthopedic field would be best qualified to answer this question, but all opinions are welcome.

Whatever he tore in his knee, it was bad enough to keep him out for a full year. That alone sounds scary to me.

Does anyone know specifically what kind of injury he suffered-and what the comeback rate might be?

If he's not 100%, we might have to make finding a pass rusher a priority next year.  Although it seems to me this franchise makes finding a pass rusher a priority every year.

Yes. at his age, they tend to heal quickly and fully

I expect it to be rust since he won't have played since December 2014, nearly two years, but at least he'll be fully recovered

I have no idea. We'd hope so. I guess Marks would be a good start point to see how he returns. Everyone always says they should come back stronger; but I always get nervous with these injuries. You just never know... It could become repetitive.

GO JAGS!!

I'd still draft a pass rusher because you can't have too many

It's an ACL.  He'll be fine.

FBT, are there different kinds of ACL injuries? 

Quote:FBT, are there different kinds of ACL injuries? 

An ACL is an ACL.  If it's torn and requires repair, the recovery is pretty predictable.  The player usually comes back with a stronger knee than before the injury.  He'll be fine.  It takes time, but he shouldn't be negatively impacted by this knee injury.
Quote:I suppose someone in the orthopedic field would be best qualified to answer this question, but all opinions are welcome.

Whatever he tore in his knee, it was bad enough to keep him out for a full year. That alone sounds scary to me.

Does anyone know specifically what kind of injury he suffered-and what the comeback rate might be?

If he's not 100%, we might have to make finding a pass rusher a priority next year.  Although it seems to me this franchise makes finding a pass rusher a priority every year.

I don't have any particular concern over his injury, especially since it seems that ACL tear recovery / rehabilitation has taken massive steps forward of late. I expect him to start exercise here soon and then participate fully in the team's off-season plan.
He's young and has a full year to recover. I'd be surprised if he wasn't a full go for the start of off-season activities. OTA's training camp, preseason - hopefully that's enough to shake off any rust.

Where's that dude whose grandma was a retired pediatrician form the 50's?  I bet she know the answer.

As long as he doesn't become the defensive Sam Bradford

I think it happened early enough in the offseason that we will see him for OTAs and everything next year. Hoping he comes back even stronger but we tend to have horrible luck so I wont be surprised if something bad happens. However I hope he is our breakout player next year.

No, Fire the team trainers!!

There have been alot of great players who have made complete recoveries from torn ACL's. Darrelle Revis, Von Miller, Adrian Peterson. It's not the kiss of death it once was.

he's probably done forever.  will never be the same.  ceiling is Derrick Harvey.

I mean, that's like the least concerning thing about this team right now.

The defense hasn't been the issue. It's the offense. And the defense will probably start playing even if the offense can ever figure out how to sustain a [BLEEP] second half drive

Quote:I mean, that's like the least concerning thing about this team right now.

The defense hasn't been the issue. It's the offense. And the defense will probably start playing even if the offense can ever figure out how to sustain a [BAD WORD REMOVED] second half drive

pass rush is pretty meh right now.  we have like one good pass rusher in Clemons who has 1-2 good years left
Chris Clemons tore his ACL and had to sit out his rookie year. He turned out to be okay.
He better.

Quote:Chris Clemons tore his ACL and had to sit out his rookie year. He turned out to be okay.

it took a while though and for a team that didn't draft him.  hopefully Fowler doesn't follow that career path

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10