Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why do I get treated differently here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I don't get it. Many board members say they like me, but make me feel hated. Starting a thread about everything related to trades for all 32 teams should not cause anyone to pick on me. All I want to do is talk and read comments about football and some posters pick on me for starting a thread. Nobody else ever gets treated that way just because other posters hate the thread idea. Four years ago posters picked on me for being a cat lover. Nobody else is treated like that just because he or she loves cats. And while everybody is OK with a few other members liking multiple teams, the same posters pick on me for being a fan of more than one team - even after I clearly explained my reasoning  multiple times.

Why should I have to put up with this crap when the same people who pick on me say they like me? Why not treat me like you would treat any other cat lover and football fan? In those two ways, I am normal. I also know weird does not mean bad or stupid and being disabled does not make me a bad person or idiot. I have done nothing here to warrant the disrespect many board members give me. In the end, I am no weirder than any of you, just a regular cat lover and football fan who happens to have a different set of medical conditions.

I will not stop asking this until I get some detailed explanations, so don't think you can make it go away. If you think you are just having fun with me, explain why you think it is fun to make me mad on purpose.

:ermm:  :confused:

You're like the little sister that everyone picks on. We hold ya down and threaten your face with a line of drool after a big glass of orange juice, we give ya wet willies, we pretend to flick boogers at ya..

Take it in stride..

...This thread is going to be explosive. 

You want honesty and details...so it's not going to hurt your feelings, nor am I trying to hurt your feelings in any way...so here goes.

Just going and reading that thread, you made an almost identical thread to one that was already created. That's annoying. If there is already a thread on the same subject, don't start another one just so you can be the one to start the thread.

Also...you like to be the mb grammar police, that's annoying too. We are all adults here, no one needs you to correct them. It's very off putting.
I think it can be summed up in your hypocrisy.

You consistently demean others for poor grammar even though your posts are not always well-written. You also insult people--often. While it's apparent that I'm not a doctor, Asperger's or not, you should know when you say certain things, you're likely to insult someone. You ask people to cater to your situation, but you don't show the same effort to others. 

I don't hate you, BTW.

Quote:I don't get it. Many board members say they like me, but make me feel hated. Starting a thread about everything related to trades for all 32 teams should not cause anyone to pick on me. All I want to do is talk and read comments about football and some posters pick on me for starting a thread. Nobody else ever gets treated that way just because other posters hate the thread idea. Four years ago posters picked on me for being a cat lover. Nobody else is treated like that just because he or she loves cats. And while everybody is OK with a few other members liking multiple teams, the same posters pick on me for being a fan of more than one team - even after I clearly explained my reasoning  multiple times.

Why should I have to put up with this crap when the same people who pick on me say they like me? Why not treat me like you would treat any other cat lover and football fan? In those two ways, I am normal. I also know weird does not mean bad or stupid and being disabled does not make me a bad person or idiot. I have done nothing here to warrant the disrespect many board members give me. In the end, I am no weirder than any of you, just a regular cat lover and football fan who happens to have a different set of medical conditions.

I will not stop asking this until I get some detailed explanations, so don't think you can make it go away. If you think you are just having fun with me, explain why you think it is fun to make me mad on purpose.
Because most people do not understand Aspergers (if I recall correctly that's what you have), and have no patience, or are unwilling to try and understand your concept of logical thinking...I'm somewhat familiar with Aspergers as a long time friend has it as well and some people just blow him off as being socialy awkward along with repetitive behavior and interests...Some even call him a slow learner which is far from the truth...Back in our teenage years people called him [BLEEP] just to be mean...

The answer to your question is that people just don't understand your thought process (due to aspergers), and you don't understand why...If people understood Aspergers they would understand you better
Quote:You want honesty and details...so it's not going to hurt your feelings, nor am I trying to hurt your feelings in any way...so here goes.

Just going and reading that thread, you made an almost identical thread to one that was already created. That's annoying. If there is already a thread on the same subject, don't start another one just so you can be the one to start the thread.

Also...you like to be the mb grammar police, that's annoying too. We are all adults here, no one needs you to correct them. It's very off putting.
That is typical of people with Aspergers..."<b>Asperger syndrome</b> (<b>AS</b>), also known as <b>Asperger's syndrome</b>, <b>Asperger disorder</b> (<b>AD</b>) or simply <b>Asperger's</b>, is an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) that is characterized by significant difficulties in <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpersonal_relationships' title="Interpersonal relationships">social interaction</a> and nonverbal communication, alongside restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests."

Try laying a penny on the coffee table in a house where someone with OCD lives and watch them squirm until they just have to move the penny...The penny does not belong there and until it's picked up it drives them crazy. The same type deal with Aspergers to an extent...Grammar errors can drive somone with Aspergers absolutley crazy and without trying, make people mad for being the grammar police

Too add on to what bchbunnie4 said, it's not so much the posts or the threads themselves, but the manner in which they're presented. "Nitpicking" other users for things like grammar and other trivial matters isn't going to sit well with a lot of people. Okay. You like other teams. Fine. That's your life, not ours. I only cheer for one NFL team and one NFL team only; and that's the Jaguars.

I'm sorry to hear about the personal challenges that are going on with your life right now in regards to Asperger's syndrome, and I will pray for you.

Quote:That is typical of people with Aspergers..."Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's syndrome, Asperger disorder (AD) or simply Asperger's, is an <a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum'>autism spectrum</a> disorder (ASD) that is characterized by significant difficulties in <a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpersonal_relationships'>social interaction</a> and <a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonverbal_communication'>nonverbal communication</a>, alongside restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests."

Try laying a penny on the coffee table in a house where someone with OCD lives and watch them squirm until they just have to move the penny...The penny does not belong there and until it's picked up it drives them crazy. The same type deal with Aspergers to an extent...Grammar errors can drive somone with Aspergers absolutley crazy and without trying, make people mad for being the grammar police
I can understand why she does it, I'm just letting her know that it annoys people when she does it. If she doesn't know it's annoying then she won't know why people get mad about it.
[Image: 6f6.gif]

Quote:I can understand why she does it, I'm just letting her know that it annoys people when she does it. If she doesn't know it's annoying then she won't know why people get mad about it.
lol she knows it does, but she doesn't understand WHY...which is basically the whole concept behind this thread
Quote:lol she knows it does, but she doesn't understand WHY...which is basically the whole concept behind this thread

Which is why I told her that grown people don't like to be corrected. That is the "why".
Quote:Which is why I told her that grown people don't like to be corrected. That is the "why".
I understand that, you understand that, most everyone else does too but in her thought process, a grammar error is a mistake and should be corrected...totally different thought process from the rest of us
Quote:Because most people do not understand Aspergers (if I recall correctly that's what you have), and have no patience, or are unwilling to try and understand your concept of logical thinking...I'm somewhat familiar with Aspergers as a long time friend has it as well and some people just blow him off as being socially awkward along with repetitive behavior and interests...Some even call him a slow learner which is far from the truth...Back in our teenage years people called him [BLEEP] just to be mean...

The answer to your question is that people just don't understand your thought process (due to Aspergers), and you don't understand why...If people understood Aspergers they would understand you better

Repetitive behavior is probably universal among people on the autism spectrum.

My concept of logical thinking goes like this: If you know what makes me mad, doing it (for example saying something about cats being food) is making me mad on purpose even if the statement is obviously a joke.

People with Asperger's syndrome appear to be slow learners because of their social deficits. Intellectually, there is often no difference in learning speed. A common problem is taking information too literally. Years ago at work I took a phone call and told the caller the lady he wanted was out of the room. He said, "I will call back in a couple minutes." When my coworker came back she was mad at me for not taking a message because someone else told her about the call. The guy never called back. How was I supposed to know she needed his name and number? That kind of thing can make a smart person look stupid.
Quote:I understand that, you understand that, most everyone else does too but in her thought process, a grammar error is a mistake and should be corrected...totally different thought process from the rest of us

She has feelings and she feels insulted / belittled / etc., but she doesn't understand that certain words or certain phrases will insult someone? I'm genuinely curious because I see someone that isn't stupid, and she has presumably been told in the past that saying these things will likely achieve the reaction she posted about in this thread. Yet she continues to behave in a way or say things that insults people. 

Is she physically unable to stop herself or is she unable to learn which phrases are likely to solicit these responses?

Edit: Because if she can do both of these things, then I'd assume that she could, for the most part, carry on conversations without ever showing evidence of having AS (online).

Quote:She has feelings and she feels insulted / belittled / etc., but she doesn't understand that certain words or certain phrases will insult someone? I'm genuinely curious because I see someone that isn't stupid, and she has presumably been told in the past that saying these things will likely achieve the reaction she posted about in this thread. Yet she continues to behave in a way or say things that insults people. 

Is she physically unable to stop herself or is she unable to learn which phrases are likely to solicit these responses?
that is typical of people with Aspergers..."Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's syndrome, Asperger disorder (AD) or simply Asperger's, is an <a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum' title="External link">autism spectrum</a> disorder (ASD) that is characterized by significant difficulties in <a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpersonal_relationships' title="External link">social interaction</a> and <a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonverbal_communication' title="External link">nonverbal communication</a>, <span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">alongside restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests."</span>

Hell I want to be treated differently 

Quote:I understand that, you understand that, most everyone else does too but in her thought process, a grammar error is a mistake and should be corrected...totally different thought process from the rest of us

Usually I just correct the errors in a quoted post without saying anything. Are people mad at me for that? Or do they only hate it when I tell them about their grammar errors?

On the Texans board, I was not allowed to edit quoted posts like that, so I quit going there.

Quote:that is typical of people with Aspergers..."Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's syndrome, Asperger disorder (AD) or simply Asperger's, is an <a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum' title="External link">autism spectrum</a> disorder (ASD) that is characterized by significant difficulties in <a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpersonal_relationships' title="External link">social interaction</a> and <a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonverbal_communication' title="External link">nonverbal communication</a>, alongside restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests."
wrong_box, you are the real hero of this thread, and maybe JW's own life.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19